Sleep entrance and chrono monsters

And i forgot, next its rock lock im preparing a case for it

I have to agree. Tranquilizing Entrance seems to sleep whatever single Stun Converter/Counter monster like, at least 25% of the time. Bonkers broken.

When Malwing first came out the blowback SS put Malwing next in line. Now THAT was bonkers! Try facing tranquilising → shocking → tranquilising and still winning that battle! It only lasted a few weeks before they nerfed it lol.

I agree though… the passive is very strong. I’m surprised they didn’t make the movesets of Malwing and Sobeking really bad. They’ve probably won more games for people than almost any other monster over the years.

I was on 14 wins, 0 losses this season until my last battle of today. What beat me was tranquilising entrance, sleeping the one monster I had which could kill Padrinorca before I was stunned more. Padrinorca then went on to kill about 8 of my monsters lol. Insane win to pull off all because tranquilising entrance RNG made it possible. It’s happened a million times before too (my Malwing has been no exception).

5 Likes

We have stun counter mons, why not make a sleep counter legend/mythic that makes it so when a sleep status would hit your team it either (A) gives the mon that would’ve been slept a turn instead of causing them to sleep. Or (B) blocks your whole team from sleep and redirects the sleep move/entrance to the opponent instead?

3 Likes

mainly because sleep is easier to deal with than stun. if anything poison should be the next thing to get a counter/converter.
sleep already struggles generally speaking. hence not many teams use sleep outside of OoO and tranquilizing. (link water sort of being the exception - but even then its pretty rare.)

sleep already has enough counters - sleep immunity, insomnia, purify and even poison are counters. plus most sleep moves already rely on RNG as to whether or not they even work.

A sleep counter is not necessary in the current meta. should sleep become more predominant then it would be understandable.

2 Likes

Sleep is why I use a toxic entrance mon somewhere in all of my teams without exception

5 Likes

lava entrance go brrrrrr. Also Inaarcher saying this thread is bogus is using 2 tranq entry mons XD

3 Likes

Too bad I don’t have tranquilizer :roll_eyes:,so I don’t have research about that ,idk If dual dragoon still count as tranquilizer or not lol.

When I am try running dual dragoon ,most of the time he Will sleep stun absorber monster or protect. But when I faced again another tranquilizer user he succesfully sleep Fital monster like my Scorpiogeist

. So yes I am believe its just rng issue

4 Likes

this screenshot right here is why the thread exists

5 Likes

Now its the good screenshot

Sleep doesn’t never really get love anyway. Sleep needs to be buffed

Now that I think of it. I would’ve LOVED if Sleep worked like (almost) all the status effects in the Souls series do.

Instead of just being asleep/awake, you’d have a Sleep icon (like the Poison icon) which would gradually fill, akin to a gauge. Instead of directly putting monsters asleep, skills would just increase your Sleep Gauge by a bit. When the Gauge is full, you fall asleep.

E.g. the move Sleep increases your Sleep Gauge by 40-60%.
Potent Sleep increases it by 70-80%.
Sleep All increases by 10-20% for all enemies.
Dreamy Entrance increases it by 75% for one enemy.

Of course, the active moves’ seconds would have to be tweaked for that to work, and it would be unachievable now. But I like to dream (ironically) of an alternative timeline, where Neo Monsters has a Sleep Gauge mechanic.

:hot_face::cold_face:

1 Like