Seems like I'm back after after almost 18 months of absence

Sooo…Basically I thought I was done with Neo. Actually it wasnt even because I lost interest in the game, it was because it got really time (and money) consuming the way I played it. So I decided to give Neo a break in order to focus more on University and all that real life stuff. Ive started playing Neo in 2015 and discovered the Forum in Spring/Summer 2016. AegisBlade was the meta until someone discovered the Frost/Soulstealer Thing. The following six months were the prime of my Time with Neo Monsters at least in my Opinion.

Back then Ive been a Top 15 PVP Player, I was Part of one of the best two clans in the game (RNA) and I was here when Hidan, Alucard and lochi absolutely broke the game with discovering ZibelGazer (Which was a real big deal because even the devs didnt see it coming. Those are good memories. Tactic has never been as important in Neo Monsters as in the end of 2016. In Spring 2017 i stopped playing Neo but in the recent days I started playing again. I was curious what I would be able to do with my “early 2017” Team. First thing I realized was that the game got way less tactical or at least the tactical abilities of the Players I faced really werent that good. They seem to have one strategy but in case this strategy fails to work they are helpless.

My biggest Problem for now is that I have no idea what most of the monsters i am facing are to able to do :joy: (For my record see picture below). But I’m trying to learn and I am reading a lot in the Neo Wiki, which obviously became really really useful. Great Work. I wont reveal my old User Name for now because I’m curious how many people from the old times are still here. So if you already played Neo in the first half of 2016 and have been a member of the forum, leave me a comment. Really looking forward to hear from you guys, how the game developed.

2 Likes

Hello again.
Shomy?

The reason you haven’t run into anyone that you haven’t been able to run over is because you’re literally being considered a new player in terms of pvp, as you go up ranks you’ll run into some very effective strategists.

Lochi is still around too, with his 80-90% winrate.

Welcome back Wing. :+1:

1 Like

Looks like something nevercore would post. He’s the type to write essays…

As far as I know, no one calls the combo “Zibelgazer”. Zibel doesn’t get cannibalise.

After reading it again, I just can’t see it being never. It’s too cocky. Jos comes to mind and I have faced a “Jos” in pvp. But after the ggmadara thing I now have trust issues.

Jos?

Lucrayzor?

Still hanging around.
Heyo
Not really playing any more but just lurking

1 Like

It’s you jos, isn’t it

Or maybe JackScale

Did you leave before they added the “achievements” section? You might be in for a nice surprise Wing

It wasnt my intention to sound cocky, i was just surprised i didnt get my ■■■ kicked on a regular basis with my Spring 2017 Team. I really feel like I missed out quite a few monsters :sweat_smile:

By the way: What happened to the Ultimate Challenge? When I got my first crown, Level 599 was enough to stay in the Top 50, now I just saw a Thread where people complained its “too easy” and they have like 2 Million Points.

They changed the algorithm for choosing our opponents. We often face teams that are quite easy to beat. Couple that with a number of monsters that have come which help us get close to 100% win rate like Blazebones and you have top 50 now being about level 1800-1900. Before the change to the opponents it was roughly level 1600.

It’s good to see you back even if we don’t yet know who you are. Talk of tactics and showing off your win rate is a good way to make an impression with your return post :wink: Unfortunately I think Zardecil is right and you have been put against the lowest bracket people to begin with and you’ll be slowly working your way back up until you face the top people once again. I look forward to seeing you in PvP! I’ve been with the game since before ZibGazer and I feel like the game has only got more strategic with time. There were some stale periods where people weren’t adapting much or some of the most powerful teams weren’t getting countered properly (either by new monsters or people building a counter) but, on the whole, things have become a lot more complex and there’s a huge variety in what is viable today. I’m sure you’ll see some very interesting combos and teams once you play PvP more.

Well, that might explain what happened to UC. Back then there were three Strategies: 1.) Goldtail/Polareon(Emeral). 2.) Stun to oblivion and Nebel Dupes and 3.) Geartyrant + Sleep and Stun. When they eventually released banedragon you needed somebody with knockback next for some of the gatekeepers.

I´m currently at 33k Points and 82% win rate. Its getting tougher. Especially the amount of monsters Ive never seen before is increasing :joy: But its fun. You had a different name back then, killerdog? Cant remember your current name, thats why i´m asking

Mmm trying to think who you are

Why not sleep lock + Nebel/Cosmo duplicating :wink:

Those three strategies are still alive today. There are a few niche cases that can get you some kills but not the win like Bovolcus’ deathmatch mode, Soulstealer’s DSA, Blazebones’ revolution and a few others. They’ve added “lethal damage” on some moves which obviously works nicely in UC if you can use those moves.

Other strategies that were around back when you played:

• Sleep lock + Emeraldeus (basically same as Geartyrant)
  • Atrahasis necromancy (best to tag onto another strategy)

A big strategy on the rise is Aurodragon + DR. This is the one I use, with a mid-end game of Blazebones then Gear+sleep. The recent lvl 1500 and lvl 2000 gatekeepers seem to have been designed as a counter to this.

Another interesting strategy that has appeared is Delugazar + stun and sleep. This involves charging double bloodthirst with timestrike then doing 45k damage to two monsters with each attack.

My name has always been Killerdog but you’re probably confusing me with someone else. I wasn’t a moderator back then and was writing here a lot less (me and Buckingham have switched roles… he now lurks while I write :wink: )

Not mophiese, he like Won UC.

I’m sad you didn’t mention my UC strategy @ItsSherlock it’s been around and viable to this day :wink:

Mm want to say jackscale but can’t be he left before RNA could be Micheal or nevercore or Anna hmm can’t be jos he would say he was a number 1 player. Plus he’s been playing this whole time anyway under alias names could be ezikeal :thinking:
Ps this is lochi
If you hadn’t caught on

He prob confused you with kilted cobra
KC-KD see very similar

But now we have purify all so it usually renders bane a non-threat. Cobra and sleep immunes are the worst