Revert the Momo buff!

Oh, you were replying just to that post. That’s talking about fastbreaker in the context of a max defence stun counter monster with HG and healing… none of which Focalforce has.

Don’t give people any ideas to start using him again

No but it has Auto overwatch which has its benefits. It’s defence is not far off and Auto taunt is nice.

My original comparison with Focal was just to indicate that it’s not as if we haven’t had tanky monsters that can one shot anything before.

We also have Christine which is shielded, Camo, higher speed and can literally kill anything if it’s first or last, but no one talks about that…

I’m not going to debate Momo any further. I think she’s strong, but she’s fine over all and I’m personally glad to see Stun get a kick in the nuts.

Wow I know you hate stun @LemonSqueezy but saying she’s not pushing the power level is even odd for you.

I don’t think she is all that much :sweat_smile:

Gremoris, Lemon, Bastia, Cynthia and others are much worse in my opinion. What moves in particular concern you? Or is it just the overall combination?

Yeah honestly I’m surprised you’re not rating this as high as the rest of us. Momo looks pretty incredible now. She’s not the best monster in the game or anything… but is absolutely one of the top, if not the top, form of stun protection. Stun counter + effective sweeping from the first turn + ridiculously hard to kill + extra flexibility is an absolutely brutal combination. Yeah she might not have the craziest sweeping TU and she might be slow to get the first turn but that doesn’t matter when she’s so ridiculously tanky and got a bunch of benefits.

I mean she can even sometimes dodge chrono/protector killer monsters by swapping mode!

We never had such a strong stun counter, Sakuralisk is by far the best counter atm.
Momo is pushing the power level of what a counter should be, she demolishes any stun team and is a very strong mythic if the opponent plays 0 stun - compare that to onyxia.
Momo + Sakuralisk will make stun totally impossible to play.

Yeah, this is such an important point.

I would even go this far and say she looks more like the first power creep to introduce 8 star monsters.

Strong mythics, like focalforce & Don Rilla are looking sad right now.

1 Like

Oh This I agree with. I just don’t think she warrants any sort of nerf/ reverse thread or any worry in general, which I would apply “best monster in the game too”. We’re probably far more aligned than you think.

@Randolph I actually think Aethereon is better than Sakuralisk due to no weaknesses. Usually a Searguard can sort Sakura. Aethereon can control a game nicely.

Guys don’t get me wrong. I’m in complete agreement it’s a hard counter, but it’s absolutely necessary for the game.

Basically you’re screwed if you’re somebody who goes all out on stun, by running multiple shockers or some sort of winning stun lock like Nova. But if you don’t, it’s not a massive issue. Your one stunner will get blocked, Momo will make a move and then the game continues :man_shrugging:t2:

It’s been waaaaaay too easy for stun teams to remove stun protection, as per my Sakura example. It’s nice to have something that will stand it’s ground for it a bit.

I’m jealous of those who will have far more choice for monsters, because we have a stun protector who will do it’s job well.

As I said, I won’t debate this anymore. We’re entitled to our opinions, she’s strong, rightly so, but not Nerf her strong

1 Like

There’s a dude who needs a buff.

3 Likes

Aethereon doesnt let you play stun yourself.
And is a different ball game, because he is less than mediocore if the opponent doesnt play stun.
Aethereon overall is very solid game design while momo is just …

1 Like

Wow, somebody who thinks the same as me when it comes to Aethereon!

Yey I can kill momo with delugazar now

lol when you think a stunnable glass cannon will be what you need to deal with momo

Sadly not quite because you think stuff like this…

She’s a very decent monster as it is. I’d say better than Focalforce even if you ignore the stun counter passive. But the point is she does that AND makes your team completely protected from stun.

Btw she gets a turn in just over 70s so you can think of the guardian switch as a 70TU protect teammates + full heal + reset repulse/SS. So she’s like a protector in many ways but without the weakness protector monsters have because it’s a choice.

I think when you really consider everything she offers and how ridiculously tanky she is it does really stretch how far the power level can be pushed when she’s got a 160TU piercing guaranteed one-shot move. I think she would’ve been fine with a less aggressive move.

2 Likes

Attack all is more than enough with the stun counter. Then she still has crazy utility + a solid offensive move with lifeflip enemy.
2nd form should be an absorber or converter.

2 Likes

Idk if anyone thinks like me or not but I’m least worried about fast breaker.
I’m more worried about the flexibility it can offer.
On a team of stunners she can quickly get turns and either kill/disrupt them. She has solutions fpr most scenerios. Can guardian morph/repulse or attack whenever she sees fit. Now make it infinite use and that will be scary. Because in pvp one welltimed repulse/kill/morph can swing a game

Do you think she needs a nerf though?

Can she morph back once she’s a protector?