Rare Gems - Unlucky Players

3 out of 7 or 8, just got Ashterios. Can’t complain really.

12/51, nereida, gearcroc, se dupe

I don’t understand what this thread main purpose is :thinking:
Bdw last 2 rare eggs
Got bane & shiva dupe
Can’t remember the total count thou

I hope I find a Shiva as well.

People who have shiva are like ugh another shiva. People without shiva are like ugh it’s not shiva

5 Likes

Today: 0-3 (dupes)

What’s the point of keeping rare gems? Why not open them when you get 5?

If you hatch 1 rare egg and get nothing you will be dissapointed.

If you hatch 5 rare eggs and get at least 1 new legendary you will be happy, so the 4 that gave you nothing wont affect you that much.

1 Like

Some people have everything they want thats kn the rare egg pool so they hold off until the monsters change. A lot of people held off using rares until they added Dusicyon and the flutters.

1 Like

And hoe does one get 50+ rare gems. How many months of saving of money spend ton gems for 50 packs

So login bonus gives you 2 a month, plus usually 1 or 2 per PvP, plus 1 or 2 as other event rewards. Plus you probably save 100 gems a month and that’s being super conservative. So you could be getting 8 a month without spending. So 7 months prob if you dont spend.

100 gems a month… Damn
I could do that in 3 maybe

I’ve managed to get 350 gems since the Tygoron egg :smiley: (mid-April, 8 weeks ago).

I’m someone who saves rare gems for the pool being changed. When Dusicyon was added back in Feb/March I had 90 rare gems saved, helped by me getting the achievements of hero rank 150-200. Since then I’ve collected 55 more rare gems (roughly 4 per week). There are some legendaries in there I’d love to have such as:

• Dusicyon
  • Atrahasis
  • Goldtail

(I have Auro and Shiva)
There are also some which I’d find very useful but a few are in the regular egg pool too. If Goldtail or Atrahasis get removed on the next update to the pool I’ll feel stupid but if the update is like the last times then they’ll remove some of the ones which are in both pools and add a few previously limited legendaries. Chances are one, or possibly two, of those I’ll really want so I’ll be going for 4 or 5 monsters instead of 3.

You get to a point with legendaries that getting more is useful but there are some key legendaries which would really improve your options. At this point I think it’s best to focus mostly on those key legendaries and try to maximise your intake of them where you can. E.g. The occasional egg like the Zhulong one which had 1.5x chance and boosted chance for featured gave a great opportunity at those shadow limited legendaries and saving rare gems for when there’s a new update and perhaps something added which you really want.

wow. care to be a bit more detailed so that noobs like me know how to save. also how do you control the impulse to hatch as soon as you have 5 gems. I always do that.

Haha I’ll admit I prob hatch an egg or 2 each month. I would have hit 200 this week since the Skele festival except I rolled a 10 pack and a couple singles along the way for absolutely nothing.

But the SCB gives you 5 a week and sometimes you get 2 SCB so 10. Biweekly mission, hero rank, and then UC gives the better players a ton. PvP is also good for quite a few.

um… SCB only gives 4…

Nope I have the extra special SCB.

But seriously my bad lol. 4 it is.

Boilertribe is actually kinda right saying SCB gives 5 gems, because on average you get 1 gem per time from achievements too. Just like how Bi-weekly missions gives you roughly 6 gems a time instead of the 4 it gives in the rewards.

I guess I’m just way more patient than you guys. I make decisions based on numbers and they say that it’s best to save until certain festivals. The Zhulong egg was one I put 300 gems into and I very carefully calculated the odds of getting two of the featured monsters. Comparing that to getting multiple featured legendaries in the usual “best” festivals with the guaranteed in 1st and 3rd pack I saw it was a great opportunity to get a couple of strong legendaries I didn’t have. I’d like to think it becomes easier to save once you have lots of legendaries, because it’s clearer how you’ve got to wait for specific times to actually get any benefit for your team but Boilertribe you have lots right?

If I had to give a tip here’s what I’d say:
Any time you have the urge to use some gems / rare gems then go to a free team slot and create a brand new team using monsters or combinations you haven’t used before. Try out something radical, which doesn’t have to be good as a whole. Then go do a limited-time mission if you have one available or a quick bi-weekly (one of the first 10) to feel like you’re being productive with your time before going to PvP and “test your team” then doing a few matches there. By trying out some crazy combinations or super epic monsters you recently got but never used it should satisfy your need for something “new” on your account, hopefully. Think of 300 gems = new awesome legendary and just forget your rare gems even exist.

Oh and if those distractions don’t work for you then you can help me out with an on-going project I have where I’m logging the damage modifier of practically every move in the game. If you’re interested in helping out then send me a message on here. It’s not too hard to do, you just need a calculator and to be good at recognising things like 0.681363 as a 0.7x damage modifier.

thats pretty good advice. but I will try to master that impulse control. also I am not good at maths. like in my national exams I got 148 out of 150

What happens when Neo 2 comes out, will yo do all the calculations again? Don’t waste your time on that man, go out and have some fun!