PvP rating

How does the game calculate how much you earn or lose rating after every match? Earlier this morning I was playing pvp and having a great run with 9 win streak and this afternoon I played pvp again and lost my first match and lost about 1000 rating and so it though that win streak affects the gain/lost of rating. Then i started getting match with good players which give me 7/3 record, all 3 loses gives me -1080 rating while only 1 win out of the 7 gives me +1000 rating. This is weird because my last games was L>W>L.

You generally get 1000 points per win and then roughly minus 1000 for a loss. It varies from about 950 to 1150 depending on the opponent. If you lose one of your very first games in ranked, you don’t lose as much. But roughly 1000 is a good benchmark

1 Like

It’s ±1000 in the top tier of PvP. In lower tiers it’s less for each match, e.g. ±500.

With RP (reward points) you get twice as much from wins as you do from losses, but the ranked score goes up and down by the same amount so you need a good win rate rather than simply grinding for score.

1 Like

0-8k ± 600

• 8k ± 1000