PvP line up suggestion

Like i said, vegitiger and triphoon are tere to deal with the Scorpionix. And because of vortexor, if a Scorpionix isn’t taken out by my own Scorpionix ( due to the opponents one coming in with 60+ tu after banish), it will have move towards the front of the lineup due to the banish. So a Scorpionix would either a: be taken out by vortexor Scorpionix combo at the beginning, or moved towards the front of the lineup due to banish.

Hey Lyrux. Good to see you here. I have to say that of all the teams I have faced, you have the _ strongest non-kami _ team. I always enjoy our battles. I’m not surprised in the slightest that you win most of your matches, simply because of your understanding of the game + TU management + your very strong arks (only OP ark that I don’t see in your line up is stego).

Regardless of how you re-arrange your line up, you WILL win most of the time. But you shouldn’t worry that 99% of the time you win, because you would win anyhow. In my opinion, you should build a team with only one goal in mind: beating kami teams. That 1% that you lose are probably to kami users (not counting lucky opponent with crazy BAs). Worry about that 1% and build a team to beat kami teams _ consistently. _

Your current line up is really good and I can definitely see your thought-process behind it without you explaining anything. But I don’t feel you can beat kami users consistently (unless a kami hacker or someone here that obtained kami but doesn’t know how to play efficiently).

In your line up you have a lot of heavy hitters and not many support arks. If you get scramble, you will have no problem because of your strong arks (I’m sure you still win). If you don’t get scramble and you play straight up, your line up is strong. But I feel that I could be stronger if you replaced some strong arks for support arks. Barricadus is currently the WORST ark for PvP, however in your case, I like the placement of it. However, that’s not to say that I wouldn’t replace it.

-Chopperbug at the 7th spot serves no purpose. If you want a scapegoat stunner, I’d take raioh (which has haste). Haste > Defense boost in this case.

-I’m not a fan of Volcawolf - it easily gets 1 shotted at the front of the line up or end.

-Although in theory, terrorfish +  mossgolem (siesta) + SS (scapegoat) seems like a strong trio (it is strong). I don’t think it is good vs kami users, especially when put in the middle of the line up. Of all the times we have played, I haven’t had a problem against your line up. Maybe from your experience, you have success vs other kami users.

-Kami is usually in the middle, therefore you should have Triphoon there to deal with it, not at the end. Or early game is also very effective.

I’d re-arrange your line up to something like this:

Gearwolf (faster than vortexor and 1 shots it or any support ark in the first 3 slots)

Chopperbug

Triphoon

Gremknight

Vortexor

SS

Mossgolem

Scorpionix

Goldenhorn

Vegicat

Minespider

Magma

Halopard

Omega

Destructor

This teams should be able to beat kami-teams.

-gearwolf takes care of vortexor or any support arks at the begginning. You also have a wind type team, where vortexor can deal A LOT OF damage. Make sure you knockback enemy stunners with gremknight.

-if you happen to have your arks send to the back, that’s not a problem. Use ‘call air’ (Triphoon, chopper and gremknight all come back) from vortexor and call everything back except gearwolf (gearwolf does pretty well against vengeance at the back btw)

-SS can scapegoat himself + mossgolem which prevents an opponent scorpionix dealing dmg to yours scorpionix. This can be easily done.

-Goldernhorn protects vegicat + minespider. Vegicat deals pretty well against Kami and anything else that comes out in the middle.

• Magma+Halopard+Omega = Reinforce + haste. In this order.

-Destructor to end the match = you will most likely face dragons. GG

I’m pretty sure if you play this line up well, most of your matches will end by the time Vegicat comes out. If not, minespider takes care of the rest.

To be honest, I think I have built you a very strong team that can beat Kami teams, including mine. Actually, in theory, this team of yours should beat mine easily, because I don’t have a SS, Mossgolem, Minespider or Destructor. So…  I hope I don’t regret giving you advice :stuck_out_tongue:

(I have given line-up advice to Winvestor a few times and now he is my toughest match up in PvP).

I see, ill definately try out this lineup, thanks! Now that i think about it, the majority of my losses were when a kami came in and i couldn’t kill it. Whenever i got close angelon or halo pars or Mossgolem just healed it.

Also, about the call air bit, if the first three were banished, that would leave you wil shadowstalker vortexor and another wind ark, ruining the shadowstalker moss scorp if it is killed. Using call air would place the three directly between Mossgolem and shadowstalker, rendering the Mossgolem shadowstalker Scorpionix combo not able to be used. Although, a gearwolf would most certainly defeat a vortexor in one move, unless a shadowstalker scapegoats itself.

The angelon ark is probably me since I have angelon paired with my Kami.

Regarding the call air. It will still work. with SS out there (it will be hasted by gremknight), just scapegoat SS and gremknight. When gremknight dies it stuns. You can also scapegoat chopperbug, which also stuns. Triphoon will be coming out as well. Triphoon is pretty strong when paired with SS. If you wanna make sure that the combo I suggested of SS + Mossgolem + Scorpionix comes into place, you can replace chopperbug by raioh (when raioh dies it stuns all arks 100% or you can strategically use stun gift to bring out the next ark).

Edd thank you really much, I’m using your line-up and it’s pretty cool! I won 8/10 of matches!!! Tha’s my team:

Raioh

Triphoon

Chopperbug

Minespider

Vortexor

Gremknight

Stegopike

Scorpionix

Osiryswyrm

Vegitiger

Magmawyrm

Goldenhorn

Typhonwyrm

Halopard

Omegawyrm

Also, seeing where golden horn is placed, couldn’t it be replaced by subzero tops? I’m just thinking that chain slow paired with vegitiger and mine spider would work pretty well. Chain slow wild make any attack an opponent uses over 100 tu.

Also, for the gremknight being in the 4th spot. If a opponent starts out with chopper/ other/other, you cant avoid a scramble without being stunned.

I agree with Lyrux that you should either have grem or vortex in the first 3 at least to avoid getting scramble :slight_smile:

Personally, I don’t like placing halopad late in the game. placing halo pad mid game seems to win more game for me. as for the late game support ark, I prefer raioh more than anything as he can either stun/haste/stun gift to give your team some room to breath :slight_smile:

The team you gave me gets utterly annihilated by a gearwolf Scorpionix vortexor beginning…

It’s really a sophisticated form of rock / Paper / scissors. A strong earth setup with veggitiger, followed by a group of air arks may get the upper hand against that setup, but your risking yourself against a fire trio. So it should b looked at in terms of overall performance over several opponents.

edit2: March 30rd. I have semi-retired. I don’t play nearly as much as before, but I still play a few games of PvP here and there. I’m going to post my current line-up. It’s in page 2.

I have decided to take out some of the staple arks in PvP because they were boring me. Arks such as Vortexor, Gremknight and Chopperbug are out. Everybody uses them, so I just want to be a different.

My newest addition is Saphireon. This ark hasn’t really seen much of PvP. Nobody bothers to use her. I like her for the following reason: The Voids are amazing. I like any ark that has Void skills… simply because it provides flexibility and strategy. Both things which I like in PvP.

Roidguard (I would replace roidguard with Gearwolf if you have him)

Scorpionix

Saphireon

Osiriswyrm

Raioh

Goldenhorn

Kami (I realize that not everybody has Kami, so simply replace it with a Heavy-one-shot hitter or the

always-so-amazing-op-ark-known-as-stegopermafreakingstunyourteamandlaughinyourfaceark)

Angelon

Vegicat

Triphoon

Halopard

Magmawyrm

Barricadus (Barricadus is currently the worst ark for PvP, unless you know how to use him, where to use him and when to let him come out (TU-wise))

Gigarock

Omega

Saphireon is the key for this line-up to work. If your first three arks gets sent to the back, it is not a problem. Saphireon is great at the back as well. This shouldn’t happen to often though, as Scorpionix has a faster speed than Vortexor.

Also I want to add that even if the enemy’s Scorpionix acts first before your Scorpionix, that’s not a problem. That’s why you have your Saphireon (Saphireon has a speed of 29).

Have fun and enjoy the line up.

Great one Edd.

We PVPed several times lately, always a great fun.

As for Saphireon, I agreed that she is underrated. I fight her once and I didn’t kill her as I thought she is week. She ended up dealing tons of damage since she is so fast :slight_smile:

Hey eddster, I’ve been having trouble against roidguard+ blood magic lately. I cant seem to build a good team and am getting kicked Down to veterans… I was wondering if you could build me a counter team or a good team that will keep me in masters. The only ark i dont have is gigarock.

Give me an example of your situation Lyrux, so I understand better.

In the meantime I will copy and paste something I posted on the other thread:

Let me put it this way.

Even if you summon 6 drones and you have minoblast + titanwyrm and you base your line up using this… it’s not a strong strategy.

I just faced someone using SS + angelon + raioh (starting three) scapegoat raioh forcing a stun. Then kentucky is next and uses skin stun. then 5th ark is roidguard. He got at least 9 drones (with some BAs). Truth be told, I didn’t even focus his roidguard. I think 6th was his Stego and At 7th or 8th spot his Kami came out. Throw in there minespider + minoplast + gigarock + etc. At the end I killed him and I was ahead so far (I didn’t get any BAs).

I killed him even before my last four arks came into place. His last 3 arks were Roidguard + Kami + drones. Sad part is he disconnected right before I killed his kami. It boggles my mind why people have to quit when you beat them fair and square (not even a single BA involved).

Sure, his team will kill a lot of people. But he is not winning games because of his particular strat. He is winnning games because he has such great arks (SS, Kami, stego, minespider, etc etc). Even if he used a different strat, he should win more than he loses.

I use this example because it is the best team I have faced with a strategy based on Roidguard summoning as many drones as possible with a Kami in a line up (which by default makes any team much more stronger).

If this doesn’t apply to your situation, let me know.

Well, using a roidguard strategy i find to be not very rewarding. It takes up too many spots to set it up, and even more to guarantee results. I would normally be able to make a strong team on my own, but with the roidguard teams all around, they destroy my arkadions with blood magic, which is something that without using roidguard, is hard to fully utilize. Blood magic and throw are strong attacks, capable to ohko some very strong monsters normally able to last for awhile, so now i cant keep them out very long to do lasting damage. I’m looking for a team that allows strong arks to last as long as possible while dealing damage, and not take up too many spots.

The counter to roidguard really changes depending upon who you’re playing, how they intend to use Roidguard, and where it is in their lineup. I’d like to think Octoneer is the next OM, seeing as Titanwyrm was the last which utilizes Roidguard, making it more deadly, and Octoneer would be the next logical choice (in my opinion). Another AoE metal-slash would easily level the playing field much more.

I agree with Crystal’s post.

Lyrux, if you want your heavy hitters to last longer, you will have to use support arks. Replace some hitters with support arks.

A team with heavy hitters + support arks BEATS a team with just heavy hitters.

Interestingly enough, I have taken Scorpionix out of my line up :slight_smile: