PvP, EXP none: Why?

Assalamualaikum Wr Wb

Hi Master :pray:

I’ve been wondering, why PvP not give any Xp? I meant why? I’ve been immersed in it lately, then again the COST limit smacked me in d face, i know it’s sux, but again, here’s the problem for newcomers like me;

A. Lack a monster, yeah of course, I’m new, still struggle to collect free gems, can’t afford to buy one :sob:

B. Can’t put mon cz :persevere: Lv cap cost, arggh frustrating :joy:

C. Wanna get rewards but can’t be done :sob:

Basically all newcomers will face with those problems i presume,

So Dev, can’t u make it more favourable for newcomers, like PvP give xp, even not much like 100xp/match it’s much" better than none.

So pls master, help me here, any thought, reason or way to make d game more friendly for newcomers?

2 Likes

When you’re low team cost you’ll be put against other people with low team cost. To be honest, I wouldn’t be too focused on rushing your progress. You’ll level up with time and your account will develop alongside it.

100xp per PvP would not be much at all. It would have to be quite a bit more. We already struggle to get the Devs to increase the amount given in limited time events so I doubt we’d get them to do this

Where are you from?

Wow, so that’s how PvP works, i see, alright then, thx for the head up @ONE_Nomad I’m indonesian master :pray:

As for C (rewards), I would advise to watch the special rule. Although I’m far from being an expert here, as the current pvp is just the second one I am playing, I am under the impression both rules tipped the balance towards newcomers, even if only to an extent.

With 150 team cost limit and 3 elements limit, an arsenal of monsters two or three times as yours is not necessarily superior anymore. If you only have, say, 3 strong monsters to carry your team, you can easily use them all though and just might need to adapt their support, which has far less of an impact, while making major changes to their usually much stronger teams can leave more vulnerable spots in the setups of those playing longer.

That only goes so far of course. Those with excellent, broad collections will obliterate you due to being able to pick the best monsters under these circumstances - but to be honest, you and I are not gonna beat those for quite some time, special rule or otherwise.

1 Like

PvP was never favoured to newcomers to begin with and in any games.Youll have to expand your collections

Ahh indeed, true tho thank you

Now, this I’m beg to differ, I meant; come on, we should be partial no? I meant if to get decent in PvP we’ll need say 6~8 months, then, isn’t just a boring? Anyway i get ur point tho, but still, i bet lot of newcomers wanna participate and get some results in it too, even tho surely just so so but still, at least we as newb should be able to climb and get the rewards, newb vs newb in PvP should be fair no?

Interesting you see it that way! Most special rules can be a good time to be more successful if you’re good with team building, I think. I reckon they’re generally more advantageous to older players though because having a larger monster collection means you’ve got way more options for how you want to handle the rule. 150 team cost limit definitely helps new people compete against the lower end of higher hero rank people though!

3 elements limit was one of the smallest restrictions we’ve ever had. People with large collections can create powerful link teams so it’s easy to do that but has even more flexibility.

A rule that was not good for newer players was to include 6+ phantoms/demons in the team (or whatever it was). That definitely gives an advantage to larger collections and nothing else.

Well, my thought process might have a few more "if"s than I included above and I might be a little biased by my own experience; that may vary drastically for other beginners depending on the draws.

With the 150 rule I think I was at 147 when it hit, so I could mostly just use the team I already had instead of building from scratch and then getting a feel for and tweaking the new team.

As for 3 elements, I noticed I have and use a huge amount of strong water mons (relatively spoken of course, my collection is far from huge anything in absolute terms), a few good lightning mons and my triple earth FL. The only mons I notably had to skip were oniblade and lavahawk, which I’m probably not using too well anyway.

Also, all that only applies in a small scale. I did not yet look any further than collecting the rp rewards and 60-70 win rewards. For that, I see the potential to work with (those) special rules to at least climb high enough in a pool of players not yet counting their playtime in years - as you put it, the lower end of higher rank people :smiley:

For anything seriously competitive, I doubt even having all the monsters in the game without a team cost limit would get me into Top 100 pvp - I don’t think I know all skills of even half the monsters and frankly, that is not how games like this work in my opinion.

You can’t buy the knowledge that time brings. Just keep on playing and improve :sweat_smile:

Newcomers are matched with newcomers,what else do you… need free wins?

Indeed, if that d case then it’s perfect, newb v newb while vet v vet: that’ll be heaven LoL, at least we can fight it out with similar level of play; but again; it’s wistful thinking tho lol, but lately, i kinda understand and like how the PvP matching works :heart:

Thats what happening now