Okkult's Invitation Idea

Ok so we all know that Okkult is a mad scientist. A powerful one at that, being able to craft armies of Tholid monsters. But we also know that science is mostly made of failures, and Okkult showed it to us with this poor, poor Seedtooth:

Poor sod. Of course this might just be me, a lore-hungry fool, grasping at whatever hint of a backstory: still, I think it’s clear we’re dealing with a failed experiment!

So, why not expand on the topic of experiments which took an unexpected turn? Why not implementing failed experiments into the matches?

You’d be able to know about their presence from the stage selection screen: if a stage has one of them, the stage icon will glow red and, before starting the stage, you’ll get a preview of the monster (or a brief text description of it, even better).

There are infinite possible mutations:

1. receives half damage,
  2. has ATK/DEF boosted by 50%
  3. deals damage to whomever hits it
  4. deals damage to all enemies every 100sec (without needing to get a turn)
  5. decreases its allies’ seconds by 30 every time it gets a turn

…infinite possibilities!

Of course, there should be some extra rewards for beating the strongest among them. Maybe some specific monsters could have a sort of bounty on their head. The hardest ones to beat, like a Tricranium with tripled HP or a Novadrake that shields itself after every move.

Of course, you could instead choose to play the normal stage, without mutated monsters, and you won’t get any penalty: it’d simply be an extra challenge for those up to it.

I’d love PvE events to get more love and variety, this would make the event much more interesting to play imho!

7 Likes

Idk about a change in Okkults event all i know it’s this event haven’t been featured since freaking JULY!!! 6 months and counting @Dev_VKC

3 Likes

Sounds like a pretty successful experiment to me :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I love the idea of the random mutations. Reminds me of old school Okkult’s Invitation where we had some crazy things like all monsters with roaring entrance. The cloning monsters were a fun challenge to get past

4 Likes

It wasn’t so fun if you didn’t have the right monsters to do it. For my account, at that time, getting past Tenebris and Revenarchion was impossible!

1 Like

Well, I thought of it as something along the lines of: I wanted to craft a Poison Immune Tricranium, but instead I got one with triple the HP.

3vn0wxk1b2n11

5 Likes

Basically everyone has access to twin death sentence + stun. However, lining things up would be incredibly awkward and I completely understand how it wasn’t possible for many people. That particular Okkult’s Invitation was where they pushed things a little too far into craziness. I like what the event is like now but a little bit of crazy would be fun.

I also think in general it would be nice if there weren’t so many PvE events that you can beat with Auro + DR. It’s a cheesy way to get through some things like Okkult’s Invitation, WT, ST, etc. where you’re meant to build in a unique way to take on the challenge.

Maaan I remember that one! What a cancer it was!

I remember I couldn’t beat it. Wouldn’t mind a 2nd chance now that I have XYZ :slight_smile:

Did u just say XY and Z?

It’s 2nd form. I just call Mythics by their awakened form, thought it was normal tbh.

2 Likes

It’s normal

1 Like

Okkults invitation is finally back and it will be first time for me . What is the secret reward btw :grin:

It cycles around…last time it was legendary potion maybe…not sure

1 Like