šŸ† Neo Monsters tier list (see first post) šŸ†

Really? I feel the opposite and that most things in S out perform it. Even some in S-

I find if thereā€™s no target for times up, itā€™s just waiting to be killed.

Each to their own I guess, but thatā€™s always been my experience, playing with it and facing it.

If thereā€™s no timeā€™s up target then chances are the enemy team is stunable. Hence itā€™s easy mess them up with stun retribution and overwatch (overwatch to pass time). After 100s has passed the stun blitz is brutal.

Only thing Iā€™ve found truly messes it up is stealth, particularly camouflage, because it can only hit multiple. It can at least still stun single targets. Also, itā€™s completely shut down by Aethereon, Bloom and Willowyrmā€¦ but those are all quite rare in the current meta. I know full stun immune spam technically shuts it down too but realistically those teams have stun converters or the occasional stunable monster and Raizen only needs 1-2 targets before it can mess up the enemy team by slowing it down loads.

Iā€™d say itā€™s borderline S+ / S, only because in some scenarios it gets stuck unable to offer much.

2 Likes

Na theyā€™ll all be stun immune :sunglasses:

100 TU is too long to wait to do something imo. Also itā€™s likely to be about 120 TU. Donā€™t get me wrong, I like Raizen, but I find the scenario where it has no targets and nothing to do quite frequent.

I donā€™t feel strongly though, but I do agree with Ducky on this

1 Like

Thatā€™s true but u can actually really cover for dat by many ways

• U can get rid of her by a backstab monster
  • U can set up a substitute strategizes with her with like basher or geo
    If u didnā€™t setup anything along with her. She not being able to do anything in her turns is okay in the long run. Cause the opponent will have to deal with 3 of her tokens thatā€™s already hard to kill and that alone is a great advantage
2 Likes

Yeah ally sub is an easy combo. Bauble or geo. Geo can even ally sub and then back stab, but I havenā€™t seen anyone use it yet.

Yeah when youā€™re using pullback she becomes strong. Just doing backstab sheā€™s not really much better than Motordragon (3 Vineyes vs 5 Bronzeshells, with one guaranteed to be next in line). She needs synergy to become genuinely good and a good setup to actually push her over the edge into very powerfulā€¦ all the while she relies a lot on RNG (placements of the Vineyes and that they donā€™t sacrifice themselves immediately.

or you can turn her into a vinegazer

i used that combo as soon as i got Jackolene. had onigeist in front of her too. she can convert onigos or get soul summoned out to token lock. XD

1 Like

Nice work! Yeah this is why I think sheā€™s so strong. A better motor really but without the restriction

Iā€™ve no problem against Jackowhatever sheā€™s S- for PvP and your opinion doesnā€™t count

This is what you should have said to begin with
As some people said sheā€™s very strong in late mid and I think sheā€™s pretty much S+

Has anyone already obtained this monster?
How did you get it? (Event rewards? PvP rewards? EGG hatch?)

It was featured in an egg recently. Thatā€™s the only place so far. I believe it was the egg with Sageroom

1 Like

Oh, I understand! Thx!

Update

Notes:

We had an update to version 2.30 last month which you can see here. Sorry for the delay - I actually wrote 80% of this ages ago but forgot about it. This post will cover the movements with regards to these changes.

This update was mostly small nerfs to some of the recent meta-defining monsters in PvP. Also, some fun buffs to older monsters and making Orochi far more worthwhile.

F.D. Maeve had the speed reduced by 14%, but I donā€™t believe this will make any significant difference to how it plays. Itā€™s still an extremely strong FL option when combined with various things.
Mantisamurai has a speed nerf too which has knocked it down a bit in PvE OoO setups but I still think itā€™s worthy of S- there and in PvP itā€™s still great. Basically, it turned out high speed with union attack was way too aggressive when combined with other bugs so Iā€™m glad thatā€™s been stopped.
Magmarinus has finally got the speed nerf it needed ever since link fire became genuinely very good. However, itā€™s still very strong in link fire so Iā€™m leaving it in the same position for now, until I hear from people whether itā€™s too unreliable.
Cryokaizer got a nice revenge but wonā€™t affect its strength in PvP and then in PvE I donā€™t feel itā€™s significant enough to boost the tier, especially because it means you canā€™t use it as a backstab target.

Movements:

These are only with respect to the changes in version 2.30.

Orochi moves from C ā†’ A in general, C ā†’ A in PvP and second form tier 3 ā†’ tier 2, this was an enormous buff to speed her up and make her very controlling with the stun. I really like how stunning fulu now chains into swift revival or into a second stunning fulu. I still donā€™t like death entrance but the guaranteed kills with damage/stun and all while being stun protection seems very good. I think sheā€™s borderline S-/A in PvE.
Kuromasa second form moves from tier 1 ā†’ 2, losing hold ground makes this definitely worse than the final form for the combos behind a protector. However, getting raw throw is a really nice upgrade so the monster isnā€™t so all-in on the double catapult strategy. I think the change for the final form of raw throw (100TU) ā†’ raw catapult (160TU) is neither better nor worse. Piercing is worth the TU increase, but now you can only attack at high TU.
Sanctallion moves from B ā†’ S- in general, the shields are exceptionally good when youā€™re backstabbing this or otherwise to protect the newly entered Sancta. Unfortunately, in PvP the high TU assisted moves means this is still unviable in todayā€™s world of tanky and camo monsters.
Guardtotem moves from E ā†’ D in PvP, a sorry excuse for a monster but this buff made it stun protection. Whatā€™s most exciting here is the passive may be a hopeful sign of whatā€™s to come.
Archeopteron moves from D ā†’ C in general and D ā†’ A in PvP, buffing it exactly how I hoped, this is an intruiging option for use alongside OoO or as budget stun protection. The passives combination is top class but the issue is the damage is a bit low. Stunbreaker deals 4k or barely over while bloodcrave wonā€™t one-shot anything with good defence. Ultimately, that makes it hard to rely on even if youā€™re able to sneak in a quick kill on a HG enemy or set up your own rescuing cannibalise. Itā€™s fine, but not top tier. Borderline S-/A.
Woperdoom moves from F ā†’ D in PvP, the impossible-to-charge bloodcrave has been switched to union attack and I think random clone might have been sped up too. This means the monster has gone from horrendous in PvP to actually having a viable damage move. However, the damage is not great, the monster is low speed and it probably wants to be in a team with both demons AND mark monsters (which it helps set up with its mark move)ā€¦ which is a tall order.

7 Likes

If anyone has suggestions for changes to the tier list then let me know before the weekend! I plan to do a normal update in the next week and my schedule seems to be every 2-3 months so youā€™ll otherwise be waiting until post-anniversary for your changes.

Albakhan is overrated and should go go S tier. Same with tricranium since it lacks piercing, single targeting, and is weak to disruption. Power creep victims basically. Exocross should move down to S tier. Satomi is easily stronger. Prismegasus and boutan are overrated too. Nauticruiser isnā€™t S tier as long as the person running it doesnā€™t know how how to use it properly. Almost no one knows how to use it properly. Shikabloom and jackolene should move up a tier. Dracarosa sucks. It canā€™t even counter poison.

1 Like

S- even

Shika in current state paired with Kattmander / Rhino or any other strong beast is a winning ticket most of the times, definetely S+ (can summon stun protect, switch deadweight or kill it, double blood move, focus kill move, huge boost with union)

Mantis after nerf to maybe A tier since itā€™s now much slower
Pandamonium S- to S or S+

Thanks guys! There are definitely a couple of those I will do and @NMEduck this next season Iā€™ll finally get around to testing Albakhan (I said I would before dropping it).

1 Like

i propose a couple of changes to the ā€œgeneralā€ tier list. -

Chronotitan - A > S- : while obviously the two bombs are his main appeal its also worth noting that due to his surprisingly high attack stat he also deals a lot of damage with survivor and desperate bite and can be a pseudo-sweeper too. yes he requires setup however there are a lot of ways to do this to pass time - APs, Stunlock, Sleeplock, stealth, shields etc.

Soulstealer - S > S- : his sleep all is just too unreliable especially because theres been a lot more camo monsters recently.

Zeuswyrm - S- > A :too squishy and unreliable with single stun entry.

Sanctillion - S- > S : this is just so abusable since its buff. backbite/stab and sprout conversion go brrrrr. also whilst its attack is high tu the fact that it has attack boost too means it actually deals pretty decent damage.

Ammityrant - B > A : i think you were being harsh when you put it in B. its moveset is great for pve imo - especially because it doesnā€™t really get targeted first because it doesnā€™t have killer weaknesses.

Staticsphere - D > S+ : for ā€œpersonalā€ reasons. c:
(seriously though i think D is harsh, probably C pushing B imo)

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I said it a long time ago and they called me crazy :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Drako needs to roar :new_moon_with_face::new_moon_with_face::new_moon_with_face::new_moon_with_face: (call me crazy again) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like