šŸ† Neo Monsters tier list (see first post) šŸ†

I think youā€™ll understand immediately when you face an awakened version of her, shes probably one of the best midgame-late midgame comeback units for breaking enemy momentum when they have the upper hand, she might be worth a tier higher but Iā€™m not convinced of that yet. That being said, thereā€™s a bit of risk with her if their arenā€™t any targets for punish, especially since S. Fox is so common with stealthbane, and the rock she summons can backfire in situations like facing a rocklock team or poison endgame

1 Like

Why are you happy about this?? she sounds hellish I hope I donā€™t face herā€¦ :cold_face:

Tyrfina should go from B tier to S or S+ tier in general because of how easy it is to get kills with punish and bloodcrush. It also has great survivability with instant overwatch and from the brink.

I really loved the look of her when she first came out. She actually became my no. 2 mythic I wanted to awaken (after Brynhildr).

Here's what I wrote when she first came out

Unfortunately it turned out she was a bit clunky because she had no low TU moves. A lot of potential though. This TU change to punish makes her do exactly what she was made to do very well, but will sometimes feel clunky.

So thatā€™s why Iā€™m really glad people are giving her praise now. I also enjoy tools for us turning the tide in a battle. I think it makes PvP a lot more fun when thereā€™s more back and forth.

1 Like

True but there is a greater problem with games being completely taken over with really low TU moves. It makes units that are not too strong who are below 60% basicly unplayable sadly.

Not at all with a move like punish. Itā€™s got very restricted targets and doesnā€™t kill any newly entered monsters. All it does is stop the opponentā€™s momentum. The actual sweeping move is 160TU, which is definitely fine!

I just got Kattmander, i wonder is he good for PvP ?

3 Likes

I got him 4x :rofl: 2 of then on singles he is great

Interesting.

Yes, only needs a little over 100s and then it can go nuts with neko finisher. The opponent will usually target it almost immediately so itā€™s best used with protectors or other high priority targets for the opponent. Generally speaking, itā€™s strong but not overpowered and works best near the front of a team (further back you want monsters that can help you take control of the situation again, Kattmmander has restricted targets to begin with so doesnā€™t help with that).

1 Like

Update

Notes:

Weā€™re onto 2022 so itā€™s time to add the new monsters weā€™ve had since the anniversary. Unusually, we only have one mythic to add!

Additions:

These are done in order of release with mythics, legendaries then super epics, etcā€¦

catwitch Majorie goes in at D for general, F for PvP, and second form tier 2, with the ability to look at the enemies next in line this is very unique and has high potentialā€¦ but then you look at the moveset and itā€™s not good at all. While on the battlefield this doesnā€™t offer enough without heavy reliance on RNG. As soon as you have one or two enemies sleeping the chance to sleep the others falls dramatically and if youā€™re not using sleep immune teammates you can mess yourself up badly or otherwise be slow as Majorie has to purify. If the opponent can counter sleep then Majorie becomes almost completely useless. The max defence and camouflage is no surprise given the weakness of the moveset. Ultimately, Majorie will work in niche setups that have a lot of sleep immunes and are probably very controlling with sleep already. Itā€™s not too shabby in PvE because putting teammates to sleep isnā€™t as punishing and itā€™s a tanky dreamcrush monster, but there are better things.

centipd Scolopendragon goes in at D for general and F for PvP, with an incredibly restricted moveset that gets completely shut down by repulse or repent this is not a competitive monster. However, itā€™s certainly a unique and fun design. 100TU killing that heals this tanky monster each time and you build up to a move that piercing one-shots all enemies. You can try it with OoO for better reliability too, but it still needs one kill before the first death bite.

santarhino Rhinoel goes in at B for general and S for PvP, with Boxchompsā€™ detonation+ being so powerful the entrance passive on Rhinoel is borderline overpowered. Lots of monsters have ways to kill teammates so it really depends how much thatā€™s in the meta. If Rhinoel becomes popular itā€™ll probably even shift the meta in this way. The moveset itself is solid enough. You can line up a kill for 80TU bloodcrave using teammates, swift ally substitute can do stuff plus also create an opportunity for a kill and even in worst case scenario piercing blow can easily grab a kill. So basically Rhinoel is self contained well enough it will reliably become a good sweeper on the battlefield on top of a huge entrance. Just make sure youā€™re not playing earth behind it. Itā€™s borderline S+ but the meta may handle it well with backstab stuff.

levianD Cetaskagon goes in at B for general and S- for PvP, with massive defence and auto-megabomb this is a pretty effective stun absorber for 5-8th slot. Raw catapult does 4125Ā±10%, which is enough to kill legendaries with good reliability so should let it function as a sweeper if youā€™ve got things to throw. Raw hypontise is the big move though, allowing you to gain good control when it first gets a turn. I think this monster has a lot going for it and should be one of the top stun protection legendary options for PvP.

happydb Gummy dragon blueberry goes in at A for general and B for PvP, with defang and double faststrike this can be one of the better gummy dragons. See below for proper details.

happydr Gummy dragon cranberry goes in at A for general and B for PvP, with timeā€™s up and double piercing blow this has the most reliable sweeping potential of the group, but it always depends on the enemies. See below for proper details.

robocrocur Gearcroc (s) goes in at B for general and A for PvP, with a love for RNG this monster is unlikely to do well on the competitive scene, but looks a lot of fun. Stun martyr Iā€™d actually say is a downgrade over stun absorber on original Gearcroc because auto-protect is already forcing the enemy team to deal with it when itā€™s stunned out of play. However, switching healing for damage dealing seems better. Random knockback is particularly good at countering throw monsters. The moves you choose heavily depend on the situation so I canā€™t analyse more. If bloodcrave damage isnā€™t buffed (not sure yet) then this will not be a viable sweeper at all. Ultimately, the only place I can see this being used is in link shadow teams because good stun protection is hard to come by.

aquadur.png Torrentide (s) goes in at D for general and B for PvP, with normal Torrentide being a top PvE super epic this has big boots to fillā€¦ it sadly doesnā€™t quite get there. Itā€™s a very different monster to the original, having low attack for slayerbane and the clones have no protection so will die almost instantly. Clone next is basically a delayed ā€œmark a random enemyā€ move. Hence, this monster is basically quite simple: it marks an enemy on entry then can kill it with cornered snipe. Beyond that it desperately needs other teammates to mark enemies. Itā€™s a fine addition to the mark archetype, doing well there. However, itā€™s completely restricted to mark teams which makes me put it lower in the tier list.

The Gummy Dragons:
We have all four (for now) and Iā€™ve tested them through 150 battles of SotF. My general impression is theyā€™re clunky and challenging to play with, but can situationally be very annoying to deal with or powerful. I personally like their power level and hope people enjoy playing with them, but theyā€™re not PvP competitive so theyā€™re for fun in PvE or for some casual PvP. Hereā€™s an overview of how they work and where Iā€™m placing them in the tier listā€¦

What matters is the exact number of Gummy Dragons (GDs) and Vanillawhelps (VWs) you have on the battlefield. You need all four GDs to be alive, otherwise you get stuck with not enough VWs for the moves or not enough GDs to have the stats buffed. 2x VWs, 2x GDs and you can sweep easily with everyone tanky (ideally one GD is Blueberry for double faststrike). Basically any other combination is significantly worseā€¦
2-3x VWs, 1x GD = very low damage on the GD so you canā€™t do anything
1x VWs, 2-3x GDs (how you often spend the time) = only the killer moves, which are heavily dependent on what the enemies are and swiftly run out of targets (+ counter strike, see below)
1x VW, 1x GD = useless damage and restricted moves

Now with that said, if the enemy team is a mixture of elements and doesnā€™t include much holy/shadow the GDs can potentially clear through enemies very well. Doing a mixture of that and swapping out the GD which doesnā€™t have any counter strike targets to then gain access to the killer moves too + put a tanky protector in the way is what youā€™ll ideally go for. Each GD can swap in two VWs so you can put a lot of them in the way over time if theyā€™ll help. If the enemy team has what you need, GDs can feel strong. The issue is whether that will frequently happen. Also, as soon as 1-2 GDs die then it all falls apart and youā€™re left with a useless SE or two. The one saving grace is you can make them annoying to kill through by creating VWs, which may make the next monsters you have in your team a little harder to deal with (untested, just a theory).

Right now the GDs are ruined by enemy protectors because they rely so heavily on counter strike hitting the correct target. If there are holy and shadow GDs coming then I hope one has assassinate! Gaining two more GDs will improve their power level enormously, due to what I said above about when you have 3 or fewer the strategy all falls apart.

I reckon the order of importance for the GDs is as follows:
Blueberry (A general, B PvP) = best sweeping move (double faststrike)
Cranberry (A general, B PvP) = best killer move (timeā€™s up) and can nearly suicide to get two piercing kills in a pinch
Lime (B general, C PvP) = for when you meet sleep (nightwatch), power slash doesnā€™t really do enough damage
Banana (B general, D PvP) = the most clunky, double retribution requires not swapping out for a VW then having a teammate die and a VW still be there (lining that up is rare), dual slayerbane is charged by things going poorly but somehow having 2 VWs on the battlefield (basically never happens)
(Bear in mind that they all have the good use with counter strike - pretty much the main move)

Movements:

I decided to go pretty big here, shifting down a lot of SEs in PvP to better balance them across the tiers. In doing this I shifted the focus slightly more towards what works in high level PvP. I also reviewed mythics in PvP and a few random legendaries. In both cases I moved them more where I personally feel is right. Some mythic movements I have to pay credit to a few friends that I spoke with about them and they convinced me to value a few things that Iā€™ve been hesitant to value/de-value. As always, I really appreciate the input!

Mythics going up:
Exocross moves from S- ā†’ S in PvP, a crazy sweeper that sets itself up.
Botan-Douji moves from A ā†’ S- in PvP, the more I see this, the more I like it. Thereā€™s the potential for it to get a bit stuck with the moves but in practice it just tears through teams and if it can stun then it causes heavy disruption. Itā€™s very awkward to kill a lot of the time.
Naā€™turgoul moves from B ā†’ A in PvP, 50TU sweeping on any enemy you like is brutal.
Tyrfina moves from B ā†’ A in PvP, a brilliant monster for stopping the enemy momentum. Thanks people for giving me the confidence itā€™s not just my bias!
Yukihime moves from C ā†’ A in PvP, I regret moving this down from A tier 6 months ago. It has strong moves with fatal heart making the enemy team unable to fight if they ignore Yukihime and fatal sleep being very effective sweeping because while Yukihime is waiting for her next turn there isnā€™t a new enemy on the battlefield yet (delayed killing is excellent).
Kuraokami moves from E ā†’ C in PvP, somewhat guaranteed value with the Yuki revenge and 130TU piercing double sweeping is great whenever it lines up. Not amazing, but better than E tier where I let it drop to (it used to be up near the top - a hard one to judge without owning it).

Mythics going down:
Leira moves from S ā†’ S- in PvP
Ophidiator moves from A ā†’ B in PvP, a little restricted due to union, hard to create a super strong setup for it.
Sivanna moves from A ā†’ B in PvP, a useful tool I need to spread things over the tiers.
Nightingale moves from B ā†’ C in PvP, exact same as Sivanna reason.
Onika moves from B ā†’ D in PvP, discipline is a great move but I really canā€™t get behind the rest of this because itā€™s too niche use.
Flutterdrake Maeve moves from C ā†’ D in PvP
Voidress moves from C ā†’ D in PvP
Mai moves from D ā†’ E in PvP

Legendaries/SEs going up:
Kamiwyrm (s) moves from C ā†’ B in general, link bloodfury damage is enormous so it kills buffed monsters as soon as it has just one kill.
Pandamonium moves from A ā†’ S- in PvP
Keeperdragon moves from A ā†’ S- in PvP, with link fire having way more support this is easier to play and I forgot it actually has full attack stats so the 50TU link poison eater does decent damage. Itā€™s high speed and even sets itself up, similar to Nectareon.

Legendaries going down:
Cephalogandr moves from A ā†’ B in general, stealth is amazing in PvE but this monster needs some support to work brilliantly.
Geomagnus moves from B ā†’ D in general, my original thought was ally substitute then backstab to charge bloodfury and get a second entrance from a teammate but in hindsight I think itā€™s too clunky as a sweeper for PvE.
Sweetfeather moves from C ā†’ D in general
Tagosenshi moves from A ā†’ B in PvP
Terrordragon moves from B ā†’ C in PvP, it moved up for poisoned burst but poison massacre does not work well in PvP and you need fairly significant support to help poisoned burst too.

The Super Epics PvP shifting down:
S+ ā†’ S= Galvbane, Jackalhotep
S ā†’ S- = Gearcroc
S- ā†’ A = Devilborg, Igniscapra
A ā†’ B = Atlanteon, Bitterbeast, Blitzdragon, Fluffurious, Flutterdrake daffodil, Ventokaizer
B ā†’ C = Abyssoldier feryvast, Abyssoldier poward, Abyssraider, Aeraider, Archseraph, Bitterbeast (s), Blightwyrm, Gaiakaizer, Komaguard, Luxking, Magmaraptor, Shadowbaron, Snowgun, Thordragon, Thorhoof
C ā†’ D = Balancion, Carnofrost, Cryptblade, Diredemon, Gaiawolf, Luxyrion, Megamummat, Onikage, Oroblazer, Pegassiah, Sanctaurus, Sharknight, Simuronix
D ā†’ E = Arkodragon, Gnashjaw (s), Guardtotem, Hydrokaizer, Inuguard, Leviazar, Megazeratops, Ouroburn, Pyrokaizer, Scorpionite, Statikat, Terrorex, Velocirex, Vulcarexor
E ā†’ F = Blizzheart, Blizzheart (s), Demolitron, Deucalizon, Lunaverios, Magmalathian, Magmatyrant, Mecharex, Ragnawolf, Revenatus, Spinoarex, Typhondragon, Virabbit

8 Likes

@NMEGaryOak :

11 Likes

Now you see why Iā€™ve never taken this ridiculous list seriously.

Like my girl Karen said, ā€œtruly skilled trainers try to win with their favorites.ā€

1 Like

I agree with just about all of this. Iā€™m glad naā€™turgoul is getting the praise it deserves

the stun protection opens up your team for chronological attacks unlike polaboss who is only weak to stun killer and having hold territory makes him able to stay alive, I certainly prefer an angelion or a poseidon to him, so in my opinion polaboss It is better, however, neither of the 2 deserves the s+ and certainly if a monster just for having counterparalysis is s, it means (stun bad bad bad badā€¦)

Iā€™m confused is this list some sort of meme

General is meant for pve in case u were confused. I think most of the placements are fairly accurate

1 Like

Howā€™d you mean?

Galvbane being the most amazing monster is a meme. Thatā€™s why they were making a big deal over it dropping from S+ to S.

Galvbane overrated

1 Like

Youā€™re overrated

1 Like