šŸ† Neo Monsters tier list (see first post) šŸ†

sighā€¦ thatā€™s sadā€¦ probably going to take a break thenā€¦ thanks for the input

Thanks for the Reply. It always feels great to contribute to the thread :frowning:

Kunomi is bad. Lime is ok, Asmodia is nice.

Whip does low damage but itā€™s fast (70sec) and it sets itself up with Toxic Entrance.
Not to mention it has Bow Out which is an upgraded version of Survivor Bane from Beetlebrute (incredibly useful move)

I think Lime is kind of usable right now. I never used her, but she is definitely tanky and has a reliable attack optionā€¦ Unfortunately sheā€™s slow and kinda clunky. Still, sheā€™s not useless at all

Lime is quite decent for general use. It may take a bit of time to get used to the moveset but it can steadily kill enemies and slow down the enemy team while being very tanky itself. It was quite a bit worse when it first came out so if you read things about her you might find stuff talking about her then. Now sheā€™s fine, just not exciting or super impressive.

You said something?

Last time I posted in this ā– ā– ā– ā–  thread

1 Like

Lol sheā€™s probably going in A tier so youā€™re bang on with that

1 Like

Great, love the thread, keep up the awesome work

All you needed was a little belly rub and now youā€™re a happy little thing. Iā€™ll remember that for next time

1 Like

Iā€˜m a simple man

4 Likes

Fiona is the goat

Shouldnt Momo now go into tier-1 (possibly zero).
She is probably one of the strongest stun protection even in first form, include that with her bulky def and form change, she is gunning for number one spot even from Cynthia.

1 Like

Update

Notes:

We recently had an update to version 2.24 which you can see here. This post will cover the movements with regards to these changes.

The PvP Player Timer is an interesting new mechanic that means itā€™s now impossible to force skip in PvP. Some things have been affected by this, either experiencing buffs or nerfs. Generally speaking, control strategies have been nerfs and protectors have been buffed, particularly those with hold ground. Monsters with only damage skills have been nerfed.

Itā€™s hard to gauge the full scale of the effects to the tier list by the new player timer but I have made one change in this tier list update. I wanted to also move Bundleblazer up in PvP but itā€™s already S tier. Itā€™s now incredibly brutal if you can build around it in PvP (with OoO and then you repulse it once itā€™s passed over and used 1-2 moves).

Rodeknight got the reproduce move buffed because the 1st form Rattaur it makes do better damage. I donā€™t know the exact damage now dealt but I donā€™t think this doesnā€™t do enough to change it in the tier list.
Garden fairy lily is not moving despite getting a buff because I feel it needs to double charge most of the time, which makes vigor laser blast awkward to use even though the TU is now lower. This is a brutal counter to protectors if youā€™re using it with the other GF but after that I think other monsters offer more.

Movements:

These are only with respect to the changes in version 2.24.

Momo moves from D ā†’ S in general, F ā†’ S+ in PvP and second form tier 2 ā†’ tier 1, with probably the biggest buff weā€™ve seen in history, this has gone from being a tanky but clunky monster into arguably the top form of stun protection in the game. It easily one-shots anything with fastbreaker and has a bunch of versatility with the other moves. Guardian morph works like protect teammates + fully heal, which can potentially allow it to dodge chrono killers and protector counters. Second form it severely lacks damage but I decided to put it tier 1 as a cheap and tanky stun counter.
Deus X moves from E ā†’ D in PvP, with force skips no longer an option, this truly forces the opponent to take every turn and give you a passive advantage as well as set up your teammates much better (e.g. stealth for sneak attack, timestrike).
Garden fairy sunflower moves from B ā†’ C in general and S+ ā†’ S in PvP, the hardened carapace was a very big problem and Iā€™m glad to see it go. This monster is now far easier to hit down onto lower health or one-shot so itā€™s both easier to deal with its damage potential without wasting an attack so much as well as kill first to avoid unwanted aura.

5 Likes

Update

Notes:

With the 6th anniversary now over, itā€™s time to add all the new monsters into the tier list! There are some really exciting and fun monsters here so letā€™s get right to it. Except thereā€™s one very important thing to say first:
@Dev_VKC The non-waifu art designs here are all brilliant in my opinion. Really good job here by the artists! Iā€™ve heard a bunch of people say this about Cephalogandr, Magmagund and Ophidiator too.

Additions:

These are done in order of release with mythics, legendaries then super epics, etcā€¦

Goldend Rhinedragon goes in at A for general, C for PvP and second form tier 2, with awesome dragon god-like artwork this already puts a smile on my face. I think a lot of people are quick to judge this as mediocre, but the important thing to note is it doesnā€™t have any awkward requirements for its one-shot damage so it will always pull its weight. Also, the plan seems to be using golden burst to not actually get kills so it can continually use it at rapid speed. The goldoids will most likely help quite a lot, especially in PvE, and are nice value even if Rhinedragon gets killed before its turn. Overall, definitely a decent monster.

robothy Mechydra goes in at F for general, B for PvP and second form tier 2, with tanky stats and passives that protect from both stun and sleep this is a very effective support monster for poison teams. While low speed, itā€™s very important to note the SS gives an almost guaranteed kill on the first turn and its defence helps it get to that turn. So the payoff is there for being slow and itā€™s got low TU skills for some nice time passing to line up the damage move or accelerate sting in the niche cases it can help. This monster is terrible for PvE because the support is almost unnecessary and poison isnā€™t used much so itā€™s not going to be a sweeper easily. The fact itā€™s restricted to poison teams also keeps it lower in the PvP tier list.

serpentw Ophidiator goes in at B for general, A for PvP and second form tier 1, with a moveset very reminiscent of Suikenshi this is almost a Suikenshi 2.0. The moves are all a bit slower, itā€™s lower speed and you need a reptile teammate but the upside is not only reliable damage but piercing. Suikenshi is going to age poorly since the damage is not enough for all the tanky monsters we get these days and people are running more mythics, but Ophidiator will not age at all. Not too much more to say here other than clearly an excellent sweeper in the right team, with Suikenshi and Nagandia being two of the best to run with it.

fennec Vixian goes in at F for general, F for PvP and second form tier 1, with a moveset that doesnā€™t comfortably make a lot of throw fodder but desperately wants lots of it this is an awkward monster to use. Itā€™s very similar to Naā€™turgoul, but watered down with the only thing standing above being the shield on entry. This will function fine in heavy throw teams but honestly itā€™s not a brilliant payoff for that. The SS is too awkward to pull off and thereā€™s no way to really get more out of the monster, unlike many other low tier mythics. Given how niche and mediocre this monster is I donā€™t think it can get a high tier.

horseg Wilhelmina goes in at C for general, A for PvP and second form tier 2, with an entrance that counters rocklock this is what the meta needed. I also think many have it, since they saved for the anniversary and Vixian was the other option with the ā€œevery 10th pack guaranteed mythicā€. The strength of this monster comes from two skills: fast fury and team turn. Fast fury one-shots most monsters at 100TU and team turn is easily set up by a 59TU slayerbane. So what you have is a tanky sweeper that, if left alone a bit, will likely swing a battle. You can also use it without the SS so it has no killer weakness and in this state I think itā€™s a little weaker but still very good.

ffred Garden fairy hibi goes in at C for general and C for PvP, with G.F. healing entrance this is decent support to the other garden fairies in a 5th/6th spot and is otherwise a reasonable sweeper. Iā€™ve heard a mixture of opinions on this personally Iā€™m not the greatest fan. Painful grab seems very awkward to take advantage of so youā€™re mostly looking at a solo poison eater that, while fast, cannot kill all the latest tanky monsters or mythics and a vengeance that can also be shut down by putting Hibiā€™s HP low. Given the low defence and low speed, there isnā€™t too much saving this monster. Vigor vengeance is definitely a great move and Hibi is a fine poison sweeper but I donā€™t think its performance will rise above mediocre.

lavacobra Magmagund goes in at A for general and S for PvP, with a moveset relevant as support for link fire poison in every way this is an excellent niche addition to the game. All sweeping moves are very efficient TU for their use and the SS should set up a kill on the first turn (as well as teammates) most of the time. There is no doubt in my mind itā€™s a top monster within the archetype it resides.

thunderdol Dolphoone goes in at E for general and B for PvP, with a heavy reliance on dolphin bond this does get a slight penalty in the tier list positions. However, itā€™s got an interesting moveset to build around and generally performs well with high stats, stun immunity and 100TU retribution. You can build around swift cannibalise or go for accelerate team to make all the tanky dolphins even more effective. The revenge is incredibly unique and good. Overall, quite niche but performs well when positioned smartly with dolphins.

octopusd Cephalogandr goes in at A for general and S- for PvP, with an interesting crossover of poison and stealth this has got to be my favourite design from the anniversary. Super tanky stats and defensive passives, a guaranteed psuedo piercing kill on the first turn but also using poison to control enemies (not just kill) looks really nice. Poison chomp notably does way more damage than normal so it one-shots most legendaries. Hence, build around it with either stealth or poison and itā€™ll perform very well (needs to be stealth in PvE).

dragonbird Archeopteron goes in at D for general and D for PvP, with a very restricted moveset I canā€™t see this ever being playable outside of specific PvE battles. Itā€™s a shame because this is pretty hard-pushed stun protection! Stun converter on a SE along with stunbreaker makes it a strong counter to some monsters but otherwise it will feel useless. It needed gigaspark to be some other kind of move, bloodshed to be bloodthirst or a second passive. Iā€™m glad they didnā€™t make it OP but it reminds me a lot of Twighoul except with fewer targets and harder to support so I hope it can be tweaked a little.

happydy Gummy dragon banana goes in at S- for general and A for PvP, with passives that make it look potentially very broken this and the other gummy dragons are going to be hard to evaluate until weā€™ve seen them in practice. They all create these slow protectors with support skills and they need these on the battlefield to use their powerful skills, but are insanely tanky monsters themselves. My first impression is theyā€™ll be tough to face if they get going but if theyā€™re on the back foot the other team will simply kill the protectors easily and disrupt the whole strategy. G.D. banana looks like a critical one of the group with very general use G.D. skills so Iā€™m going to place it reasonably high.

heavyrour Halodrei (s) goes in at E for general and E for PvP, with a unique combination of moves that can drastically change the way a specific enemy setup plays in PvE this has some good niche use as a tool for particular battles to set up your strategy. However, outside that itā€™s basically a slight spin on the Halodrei moveset which is barely much difference so is one for the bench.

happydg Gummy dragon lime goes in at B for general and B for PvP, with 160TU piercing sweeping this looks like one of those SE underwhelming sweepers that is intended to be a payoff for the strategy but doesnā€™t compete with what PvP teams normally do. However, it may be fine in the overall G.D. strategy.

Movements:

A few minor adjustments here, the biggest being the first two.

Mythics going up:
Botan-Douji moves from A ā†’ S in general, somehow I missed that this doesnā€™t actually need link for PvE. Simply skip behind for easy timestrike kills and use slayer stun for killing/control very nicely. Perfect stance makes it tank extremely well and it can actually maintain that with bloodlust far better than PvP, especially if you have anything to heal it.
Naā€™turgoul moves from D ā†’ B in general, the owners of this in my clan insist it should be higher and itā€™s true that high speed sweeping is no joke.
Nagandia moves from A ā†’ S- in PvP

Mythics going down:
Onyxia moves from S ā†’ S- in general
Ankara moves from B ā†’ C in general
Asmodia moves from C ā†’ D in general
Suikenshi moves from S+ ā†’ S in PvP, weā€™ve already seen a rise in mythics and this will only continue, as well as more and more high defence monsters. Hence, dual slayerbane damage is going to suffer.
Plumesilisk moves from S- ā†’ A in PvP
Nightingale moves from A ā†’ B in PvP

Legendaries going up:
Ashterios moves from B ā†’ A in general, incredibly good sweeping and tanking while also having purify, perfect for PvE as long as you can do link.
Dolphoenix moves from B ā†’ A in PvP, great stun control that tends to take over a match with the other dolphins if supported with enough rocks.

Legendaries going down:
Atrahasis moves from S+ ā†’ S in general, takes quite a bit of work to do its thing properly.
Delugazar moves from S ā†’ S- in PvP, while still being a great sweeper with relevant killing moves and excessive force being very useful, itā€™s more on par with the S- tier monsters.
Prismaryx moves from S- ā†’ A in PvP, while great for link holy, the unimpressive damage on dual slayerbane and limited moveset means you desperately need to build around it for it to be viable.

5 Likes

NgL asmodia is good in pve ( not worth the D tier )
Pair it with a tenebris (after purify ) with some protector she will pretty much one shots everythingā€¦
(200 tu pass is not a lot with tenebris on the field even for the newly entering mons).
Also she is good for Uc.
IMO she was good at C tier

1 Like

Bow out is an amazing move, but I feel like toxic entrance is simply too much of a liability in PvE. Almost no serious PvE monsters want it so to build around it youā€™re likely lowering the power of your team.

Iā€™m not quite sure what synergy it has with Tenebris that you mention there. Iā€™m also not sure what you could be building in UC that wants a toxic entrance.

Ultimately, in practice I donā€™t think sheā€™s good for a team compared to other monsters.

1 Like

I appreciate your analysis and Iā€™m sure you know more but this kinda defeats the point, isnā€™t it? The high speed with less restrictions is why suikenshi is really good (was? Idk, havenā€™t seen him in pvp ever since I came back in FL).

Itā€™s hard to grade Hibi since alone she is mostly dead weight but itā€™s a great support for G.F. teams since it prolongs other monsters G.F. restricted skills like Violetā€™s bloodthirst or Jasmineā€™s shield all. Completely agree that Magmagund is just wonderful in poison-fire link.

I try build uc teams to give problems to my opponents too.
A toxic entrance with altyrant (guy with epidemic)
works good both for pve part and is problematic to anyone facing my team.
I donā€™t push a lot in uc but whoever faces my team in lower brackets sure go through 3 layers of poison setup .

Talking about asmodia : tenebris with constant stealth can pass time fairly easy which makes bow out a lot more viable.
Btw yes using asmodia is quite a trouble but due to her 1 shot move I thought she is good and deserved C tier

I think dolphoone deserves atleast A Tier ā€¦since it has also got countershock.

The revenge of dolphoone is a big downside for PvP and is most likely the worst passive in the game right now for PvP
The passive just feels like a not needed handicap for him, he would have been absolutely fine without the akward payback killer weakness