šŸ† Neo Monsters tier list (see first post) šŸ†

Heavenshorn 10holytrice should get reconsidered. I know it was already suggested in the past, but it offers a LOT compared to the average 5ā˜….

Speed Entrance+Shield Entrance make it hard for the enemy to prevent it getting a turn.
Piercing Blow and Slayerbane both deal high damage, even though not enough to OHKO, but thatā€™s what Heavenshorn is good at, killing squishier/ already damaged monsters.
Not to mention, it reliably OHKOes the vast majority of Shadow 6ā˜… and below, even at full health, bypassing Hold Ground and shields. Thatā€™s something.

5 Likes

Yes, youā€™re right. Iā€™ve found it quite impressive whenever Iā€™ve faced it. The low TU on slayerbane makes it surprisingly viable in PvP and I like that it can create stun protection if you need it or otherwise remove dead weight

1 Like

Are the placings for the newer monsters still being decided?

I was waiting for the cow girl mythic to come but Iā€™ll probably just go ahead and do a tier list update on Friday whether or not she releases. It will take me a bit of time to write but Iā€™ve got a lot of the stuff decided already.

I think the mythic will probaly be released during the fest

Update

Notes:

We recently had an update to version 2.22 which you can see here. This post will cover the movements with regards to these changes.

Three mythics cost changes were not noted in the official update notes. If you spot anything else that seems changed please let me know.
Cynthia, Kirina, Gorgodrake and Novadrake had their 50TU skills increased to 60TU. Iā€™m so glad about this! Not quite the 70TU I was hoping, but this should help them be less oppressive. Iā€™m not moving them in the tier list because I think they all still deserve their positions and Kirina actually got a SS buff so she can instantly do two moves in a row to avoid flipping to 1HP if you donā€™t have her set up, as well as dealing with her main counter.
A bunch of mythics had their costs increased, making them harder to run. Itā€™s great to see 17 cost properly being used and I hope itā€™s a step towards the base cost of mythics actually being increased to 15 and our total team cost getting raised a little too (so people donā€™t run 14 monster teams even more than they currently are). None are being moved in the tier list but itā€™s hurt a couple of them harder than others (the ones that rely heavily on their SS for their power).

Overall, this was an update targeting mythics very heavily, doing a lot of what the community wanted. Cost increases and nerfing oppressive moves while buffing a few of the mythics that were underwhelming.

Movements:

These are only with respect to the changes in version 2.22. Seems like decent buffs to make these monsters feel like they do what theyā€™re supposed to, without making them oppressive.

Noircyon moves from F ā†’ E in general, with sprit conversion now being possible to use on tokens and create multiple Spiritwyrm at once it can be used to maintain/create link nicely. This is a tanky monster with some reasonable damage potential but itā€™s really hard to judge accurately because things can still go wrong and itā€™s a bit slow. Perhaps itā€™s good in the end-game where youā€™ll have a bunch of rocks you can convert into sweepers, hard to say.
Lime moves from F ā†’ E in PvP, with no restriction on unwanted reinforcement now Lime can continue to mess up the opponentā€™s team on command while being ridiculously tanky and killing enemies well too. I think this is a slightly stronger Motordragon, but less efficient for teams looking to pull off a quick combo where they maximise the number of Bronzeshells for the seconds passed. What holds it back are the slightly high TU skills, but they are definitely necessary to keep it balanced. Itā€™s not underwhelming and should see play despite its low tier list position.
Cypridrus moves from F ā†’ E in PvP, a lovely buff so now it can kill non-earth monsters when there isnā€™t a protector around. Itā€™s still heavily restricted in its targets but itā€™s even more powerful when it meets them. I think itā€™s got a great power level now but didnā€™t push it up much because you canā€™t guarantee its situational moves will be paying off. In PvE it will be brilliant in the right battles.
Exocross moves from C ā†’ S- in general and D ā†’ A in PvP, with the second big round of buffs this has become seriously strong! Itā€™s tanky, no killer weaknesses, sets up 70TU instant kill ā€˜focusedā€™ sweeping for its first turn on entry + other teammates and has decent entrance control moves to support your team. I hope this starts getting some love from players and encourages mark setups.
Dullakhan and Nightmare go into Other Notable Monsters for general, the polymerization is not something any veterans in the game will be utilising but this is a huge addition for new players as something we all get access to. It should encourage new players to create OoO front lines with Dullakhan turning into a Nightrider that is +9 so can easily charge survivor or, in the time everyone is sleeping, reduce its health with survivor, lifeflip then desperate all just as they wake. Great job adding this @Dev_VKC!

5 Likes

Iā€™ll get a normal update to the tier list, adding all the new monsters, done at some point over the next week.

Update

Notes:

Itā€™s time for the May and June additions. Quite a lot of exciting things here for competitive play, without anything being overpowered! Weā€™ve seen all the GF now so I can say that they look very strong. There are no killer weaknesses among them, they protect themselves from the classic archetypes plus counter a bunch of others (decay aura) and have quick healing. They will be challenging for some teams to take down!

Additions:

These are done in order of release with mythics, legendaries then super epics, etcā€¦

mouseg Nikki goes in at D for general, B for PvP and second form Tier 2, with a faster bloodfury move that also gets critical damage from having status effects this is an effective sweeper, but its true power comes from kill steal which can nastily disable some enemies. Despite having sleep immunity, this isnā€™t built well for FL OoO. Itā€™s best in the mid-game to make an impact with its high speed and three steal effects + swift true hit. Iā€™m really glad to see more of the mid-game monsters being created, itā€™s not something thatā€™s been designed for enough. Nikki dies super easily unless sheā€™s able to pick up a shield or stealth from the enemy team so that holds her back quite a bit, especially because kill steal is the main move to use first and that passes 50TU without giving her any defence. Thereā€™s a notable combo with Dusicyon or Lilithia for multifacet strike to be charged instantly on entry. Overall, decent enough sweeper that can situationally disrupt the enemy team.

sheepnur Nightingale goes in at F for general, A for PvP and second form Tier 2, with maximum defence and health this is definitely a support monster! What this truly does may be missed at first glance. Itā€™s for the mid-late game to get your team out of a bad situation: having roaring entrance then instantly undoing any sleep, poison or stun on your team. In the fail case it can immediately kill an enemy that has a kill, damage two enemies or heal+shield an ally. This versatility means it will have a far greater impact than it may look like. Iā€™ve seen a lot of people focus on the high TU of sedate and be disinterested but that really is just the fail case and since youā€™re putting her quite late in your team she wonā€™t disrupt the rest of your team much as ā€œdead weightā€ on the battlefield. Getting two guaranteed kills is probably all youā€™ll need from her. Aegis barrier can do a lot to keep a teammate alive and dual rescuing give turn is the big move for undoing stun lock. You can make Nightingaleā€™s impact a little more reliable if youā€™re using a stun absorber shortly before, since it can easily get stunned above 200s for the rescue move. Overall, a solid monster to put in the second half of many PvP teams to give extra resilience thatā€™s basically an upgraded Centaureon.

cowgirl Momo goes in at D for general, F for PvP and second form Tier 2, with maximum defence, HP, HG and no killer weaknesses we have yet another crazily tanky support monster. However, here the moveset is slightly lacklustre. Lifeflip enemy can do great stuff and soul shield all is definitely powerful but weā€™ve seen how link shield all (at 100TU rather than 130TU) can be somewhat situational. Basically as a stun absorber this offers very little while on the battlefield compared to other options, only standing out with its massive defence. In practice what youā€™ll probably do is lifeflip enemy as the first turn, then repulse if needed before using guardian morph and making Momo get in the way of some attacks. As a guardian youā€™ll do the same before switching back. You really donā€™t want her to be hit by one-shot moves so sheā€™s probably best at the front of the team where enemies wonā€™t have blood moves charged. Sheā€™s playable, but neither the stun absorber or auto-protect state is particularly impressive. It looks like sheā€™s been balanced for PvE / low level PvP where repeatedly healing as she swaps could be overpowered.

oniteacher Onika goes in at E for general, C for PvP and second form Tier 3, with a powered up forgive, faster give turn and the ability to give a teammate focus this looks very interesting for support. However, I am quite hesitant to say itā€™s good because roll call becomes drastically worse if youā€™re using other mythics (which I assume people with Onika awakened will own) and GT needs multiple potential targets to be any good. Also, discipline is useless if thereā€™s a protector and thereā€™s no damage potential so I can see some scenarios where Onika will feel lacklustre. Still, the SS is great and discipline is a powerful control move so it should perform well in teams looking for a mid-game control/support monster and theyā€™ve only got legendaries ahead of it. Thereā€™s also its use in rocklock with concentrate, but bear in mind if youā€™re relying on it to make teammates focused then her dying before you use the move can stop you being able to rocklock. The best comparison to another monster is Dolphariel, which I believe Onika is a bit better than for PvP.

flowerfb Garden fairy violet goes in at B for general and S for PvP, with the decay aura passive this has already sparked calls for nerfs. Ultimately, itā€™s a stronger auto-poison that is active on everything as soon as Violet hits the battlefield. It gets extremely harshly countered by many types of overwatch and it will trigger revenge passives, so itā€™s not as strong as it might appear at first. However, it gets kills for Violet which makes the GF bloodthirst 70TU sweeping very easy to charge if there are enemies with hold ground. Dual slayerbane makes it generally work well in PvP, meaning you can slam it in most teams and have the aura boost your sweeping. I think GF bloodthirst will be key for using this in PvE and otherwise to make garden fairies in PvP actually clear through a team. Importantly, Pieris is the fastest who can heal Sunflower to use dual confident strike and Violet gets a turn right after so if you put two enemies to hold ground with those two monsters before then Violet will instantly have GF bloodthirst charged.

mothg Lunactia goes in at S- for general and S+ for PvP, with crazy defence, stun immunity and no killer weaknesses this is set up perfectly for PvP. Honestly, Iā€™m amazed to see such high speed on this given the stats and it can completely disrupt the opponent from the first turn. What this does is create a rocklock scenario with enemy substitute (combine it with things that bypass protectors) and thereā€™s not even any restriction on enemy substitute so you can use it three times in a row. It doesnā€™t matter if the move gets blocked because it will still add the rockoid. I said there werenā€™t any overpowered new monsters but I actually think this one probably is. It can also pullback a teammate three times for multiple entrances / saving from stun, gets excessive force from but teammates if you donā€™t want to go the rocklock route and all these moves support the moths because you can slow down the enemy team with rocks to get to metamorphosis on a Pupupa and each moth has a powerful entrance so pulling them back gets that again. All around power and there are many ways you can use this. I expect nerf threads for it in a few months once itā€™s being played more.

fishsking03fishsking04 Abyssoldier poseidon goes in at A for general and S- for PvP, being a stun counter monster available to everyone this is an incredible addition for the game! Simply put in a team without abyssoldiers this is mediocre. Solo vengeance is fine but too restricted. In practice this is best used with a select one or two abyssoldiers at a time and there it can offer a lot for the team. Abyssal calling is very clunky so itā€™s basically restricted to two moves, but given its insane passives and built carefully into a team this does an excellent job. I did a larger breakdown about how to use this with the SEs here. Note: only the water image will be in the tier list.

HCDur Heavenswyrm (s) goes in at E for general and E for PvP, with lower speed than its original version, the loss of stun wave and camouflage requiring entrance this is definitely a powered down Heavenswyrm. Healing entrance heals by 2000 rather than healing revenge which is 50% of each monsterā€™s HP. This is clearly for niche use only, specifically in link shadow teams as a form of repeatable healing. There are some shadow monsters who want exactly this so it definitely has its place. Personally I wouldā€™ve liked to see one aspect that was stronger than the standard Heavenswyrm but I canā€™t decide exactly what. I love seeing the new colours on one of my favourite bits of art though.

gfwhite Garden fairy jasmine goes in at S+ for general and S for PvP, with stun absorber and massive defence + HP this is the missing support that the garden fairies needed! Pieris protects from sleep and poison while Jasmine protects from stun. The aura heals them by roughly 5% of their HP, not bad at all for triggering vigor moves (especially if you skip turns). 80TU solo stealth is big here, a very aggressively costed move that makes Jasmine good support + stun protection outside GF teams. Vigor fastbreaker is also only 130TU for a piercing kill on even heavily buffed enemies, surprising for such a tanky support monster. The only thing at all that holds her back is the low speed, which is fair enough. I think this is genuinely one of the best stun protection options weā€™ve seen as a legendary and well worth supporting with give turn to keep it in play. With the other GF it really completes them. Side note: double survivor damage is terrible, if you hadnā€™t guessed.

GoldWD Caesardragon goes in at S- for general and B for PvP, with cool art and fun design I saw a bunch of people excited over this one. Dragon slayer is the impressive move here. There are 1/5 of legendaries which are dragons and 1/8 of mythics so itā€™s basically like a ā€œcounter strikeā€ type skill. The 0-5* and 7* killing moves are high TU but what youā€™ve got to appreciate here is Caesarā€™s decent defence, no killer weaknesses, stun immunity and excessive force mean that it should be pretty effective without the moveset needing to be too impressive. You can get around the high TU with a give turn and get to bloodthirst in not too long. Bear in mind also dragon slayer deals roughly 1000 piercing damage so you can grab kills with that at times. Donā€™t get me wrong, this isnā€™t anything crazy but I can see it working better than it might look at first glance. Itā€™s especially good in PvE where piercing is great and you can get away with higher TU skills.

cwb Crystal worm ater goes in at D for general and C for PvP, with higher speed this is one that has bloodthirst, an element killer, a killer move and ascension revenge. I think this will be fine like Viridis and make the crystal worms work but not quite as integral.

Dinoshark Sharkrex goes in at C for general and S for PvP, with high stats for a SE and stun immunity this is far more competitive for PvP than it may look at first, itā€™s pretty much a Geomagnus. Raw backbite is perfect for entrance control and can work as stun protection for your team. It wonā€™t work well if youā€™re facing a Lunactia or petrify revenge but thatā€™s fine I think. Piercing blow deals roughly 3100 damage so can kill anything thatā€™s hurt or one-shot any fire monsters. Itā€™s a decent fail case and accelerate makes the TU very nice, as well as accelerate helping line up the backbite. This offers a lot for a SE.

cwblue Crystal worm caeruleus goes in at B for general and A for PvP, with void vengeance this is probably one of the better crystal worms. Itā€™s a bit more flexible since when you sacrifice a teammate to another worm youā€™ll either be able to vengeance anything you like then sacrifice Caeruleus or feast with it to charge bloodfury.

cwpurple Crystal worm purpureus goes in at S for general and S for PvP, with two void moves that have a lot of targets and the lower speed variant with bloodfury this is in a nice middle-ground where itā€™s the fastest of the bloodfury crystal worms but without a guaranteed target like the others. I envision this being probably the key piece and main sweeper of the group, being the one to feast on the high speed worms then feast on a low speed one after that gets a guaranteed kill.

The last CW is most likely going to be 79% speed, have bloodthirst and ascension with the void moves being dreambreaker and slayerbreak. Iā€™m making my bet now! After it comes out Iā€™m going to assess all the crystal worms again and figure out where they should be placed in the tier list. I know some people have been having great success with them so far and itā€™s definitely noticeable how they charge themselves quickly (65TU or so) to be a super fast, quite tanky sweeper. They cannot be ignored like a lot of SEs.

Movements:

Iā€™ve got a huge number of movements here. I know itā€™s a lot to take in but I had things stack up, especially after talking with a few community members. I also did a bit of rebalancing of the super epics PvP tier list, specifically clearing up the higher tiers based on how PvP has changed over the last couple of years both in top level and below.

Special Botan-Douji note:
Botan-Doujiā€™s monster analysis is not out yet but I highly recommend reading it when it is. Her passive gives her the defence cap and on top of that reduces damage by 80% (40% in second form), making her insanely tanky. She takes 1.5x her full health in damage just to get her below 90% HP thanks to that buff. Her moves are fairly restrictive, even in link fire, so after heavy consideration I decided sheā€™s actually fine where she is. She would probably be 1-2 tiers lower than she currently is if she didnā€™t have that passive.

Mythics going up:
Christine moves from S- ā†’ S in PvP, tough to kill, good speed and gets kills on any target it pleases makes this such an effective sweeper.
Satomi moves from S- ā†’ S in PvP, very similar to above. I know there are some people who donā€™t get why I rate this monster so highly but itā€™s the perfect combination of stun immunity + pretty tanky + efficient TU killing with a fast knockback next meaning you can maintain control once you have it. With any kind of support that heals or accelerates Satomi she can do a lot to help you win a battle.
Focalforce moves from B ā†’ A in PvP, generically good, having moves that work in basically every scenario and adding versatility to a team with no team building requirements. However, this is borderline A/B because the damage is not fully reliable against other mythics and the low speed holds it back considerably.
Kuromasa moves from F ā†’ E in PvP

Mythics down:
Lemon moves from S ā†’ A in general, too awkward to build around and her sleep control isnā€™t particularly strong for such a high tier.
Arachnodrake moves from B ā†’ C in general
Leira moves from B ā†’ C in general
Prismegasus moves from S ā†’ S- in PvP
Kirina moves from S- ā†’ A in PvP, a little clunky to use in practice.
Azida moves from A ā†’ B in PvP, definitely a great sweeper but doesnā€™t offer enough flexibility (sorry that I have gone back and forth on this a lot - my gut instinct was to keep it lower but I hear a lot of polarising perspectives on it).
Yukihime moves from A ā†’ C in PvP, I love frozen heart here but Fiona kind of puts that to shame and the low speed is a reasonable issue, although I do feel it is underrated.
Auraleus moves from C ā†’ D in PvP
Kunomi moves from E ā†’ F in PvP, given the state of PvP with camouflage, stealth and poison immunity around and likely to stay that way I donā€™t think the high attack with poison massacre is viable so sheā€™s stuck with the rest of her moveset and that isnā€™t good enough for top level PvP.

Legendaries going up:
Gloreonix moves from S ā†’ S+ in general, incredible control granted by looping the entrance with swap for Moji, allowing you to get a long way towards winning if you have fast sweepers or set up anything else you like. This deserves to get the prestigious S+ for general that I save for monsters that can practically make you win by themselves.
Vigziarid moves from S ā†’ S+ in PvP, even outside link storm the flexible support this offers and sleep revenge outclasses other options by an enormous amount. In link storm itā€™s often the monster which will win you the battle.
Mantiferno moves from B ā†’ A in PvP, despite being slow and low defence, the accelerate is great and it can always get raw kills at very efficient TU. Also, countering waifu is super relevant.
Shurikaizer moves from D ā†’ C in PvP, @Snow_Fall I see you :wink:
Polareon moves from F ā†’ C in PvP, a fair bit better than I was giving it credit for since bloodcrave is decent and thereā€™s now a penalty for killing it. However, I wouldnā€™t use it outside link water if I were you.

Legendaries going down (a bunch are just to fill out the bottom tiers better):
Garden fairy sunflower moves from A ā†’ B in general, I envisioned all GF having hardened carapace and them being overpowered in PvE.
Glaciaron moves from S+ ā†’ S in PvP, recent design has been more about flexible monsters / tanky monsters / less conditional sweeping and Glaciaron is aging a little, like Dracorosa.
Geomagnus moves from S ā†’ S- in PvP, there are a bunch of other monsters which can remove teammates now and stun lock is getting more severe counters coming in that Geo is losing a lot of its niche power.
Pumpking moves from S- ā†’ A in PvP
Drakozord Z moves from A ā†’ B in PvP
Cosmodragon moves from B ā†’ C in PvP
Icefang moves from B ā†’ C in PvP
Nebelronix moves from B ā†’ C in PvP
Geartyrant moves from D ā†’ E in PvP
Goldtail moves from D ā†’ E in PvP
Pupupa/Stormoth moves from D ā†’ E in PvP
Shadowyrm moves from D ā†’ E in PvP, we have far better protector counters now.
Apollorexus moves from E ā†’ F in PvP
Pupupa/Doomoth moves from E ā†’ F in PvP
Taloknight moves from E ā†’ F in PvP

Super Epics going up:
Heavenshorn moves from C ā†’ A in general and B ā†’ S in PvP, shield and rapid entrance make this have a great impact with slayerbane and give a lot of value as a SE. The flexibility with protector conversion is great and it canā€™t be ignored because slayerbane has a low TU and itā€™ll charge bloodthirst before long.
Captain canine moves from A ā†’ S- in PvP, a surprisingly effective PvP sweeper with show of power getting you back into a game. If an opponent has stun protection itā€™s less impressive but for a SE I think this offers good stuff.

This next bit was a big shift down in PvP so Iā€™ve grouped themā€¦

Super Epics going down in PvP:
S+ ā†’ S Scarleguard, Volcaiga
S ā†’ S- Flutterdrake rose, Pontibear, Pyramid golem lavamid, Spectrefox, Twighoul
S ā†’ A Atlanteon, Don dollguini
S- ā†’ A Alphagear, Alphagear (s), Bitterbeast, Keeperdragon, Robinator, Zephyrox
S- ā†’ B Aeraider, Bitterbeast (s)
A ā†’ B Abyssoldier poward, Abyssraider, Blightwyrm, Chimeraxus, Nighthunter, Pyramid golem soramid, Simuronix, Thlug betty
B ā†’ C Diredemon, Onikage, Sanctaurus, Sharknight
C ā†’ D Guardtotem, Hydrokaizer, Megazeratops, Nightfender, Ouroburn, Terrorex, Velocirex

3 Likes

You are grossly underrating Onika here. She should be A at a minimum for PvP

As a broken user Iā€™m surprised youā€™re rating her highly :wink: I wrote quite a bit about a few of the new monsters because I knew my positions might be different from what people expected. Honestly, as I said in her entry, the SS and discipline are great but thatā€™s the majority of the power unless youā€™re specifically not using other mythics and there are situations where discipline will fall completely flat or not be able to hit the thing you need it to. Onika will feel great and perform well in many scenarios but she depends a little too much on the battle state and itā€™s not something you can build around reliably.

Great update @Killerdog, but thereā€™s one crucial fact youā€™re omitting; a tier list for which goddess is best girl. Naturally, Iā€™m more than happy to offer you my advice if you need it.

1 Like

damn ,remember when someone ask this monster need buff :rofl:

Best girl is definitely Onika. She has some discipline and decency about her. She needs to teach the other girls a lesson about what is appropriate clothing. Perhaps thatā€™s what the secret lesson truly is. Wearing actual clothes gives some genuine defensive benefitā€¦ good thing to learn.

Yeahā€¦ easy to get blinded by an update that hurt your monsters but Jasmine is seriously good. At the time I responded to that I liked Jasmine but the more I thought about it, the more I realised sheā€™s actually a top tier legendary! I guess the thing that gave away her strength was how practically everyone agreed that sheā€™s strong when someone said she wasnā€™t lol

cough Voidress cough

Moku best girl

3 Likes

Itā€™s a shame Poseidon wasnā€™t a girl for you. Youā€™d be all over that I bet! When I saw a leader of the Abyssoldiers I immediately thought of you

1 Like

Trust me, Iā€™m having a lot of fun with him right now.

1 Like

Some excellent changes / points there

1 Like

I lost this bet tooā€¦ It seems like they last one is gonna have Stunbreaker instead!

Yeah, I was so close! Didnā€™t think of stunbreaker but of course that makes sense for the storm CW. Iā€™m going to do a little update post for the CW soon to balance them properly in the tier list (moving them up).

1 Like