🏆 Neo Monsters tier list (see first post) 🏆

Update

Notes:

It’s time for the March and April additions. A little different to the usual this time… legendaries that are stronger than mythics!

Additions:

These are done in order of release with mythics, legendaries then super epics, etc…

adorndark Noircyon goes in at F for general, F for PvP and second form Tier 2, with tanky stats and two defensive passives this looks good… until you look at the moveset. It’s incredibly dependent on link and doesn’t do anything particularly special or quickly so the low speed is very punishing. Creating spiritwyrms is just not good enough for a mythic and it’s at too slow a pace. It’s sad to see some OP waifu then when we have a really cool demon it’s too slow and restricted to actually be good. This could’ve easily been full defence, high speed or had spiritwyrm conversion be 50TU to make it a harsh token disruption counter. Any of those three things would make it have a niche but as it stands it’s a mediocre mythic that can only be used in link shadow teams.

butterflyg Flutterdrake maeve goes in at E for general, E for PvP and second form Tier 3, with vanishing clothes this is already a disappointment. This is clearly for use with the flutterdrakes and it does a good job of that but is ultimately held back by their power level as SEs. The lack of synergy between FD Rose and the others makes fluttering swap potentially a problem too. However, it’s good fun to play with and the fast knockback really helps set up the control FD Clover can do as well as nullifying strike one-shotting squishier legendaries so it’s decent enough to charge bloodfury. With all that said, I think there’s reasonable potential here if you run it in minimalist ways like with just FD Iris then you shield all and nullifying strike for a quick kill. It doesn’t matter which dies because Maeve has bloodfury and while Iris is there Maeve has incredible defence. Please note that its team building restrictions are a factor in its low tier rating.

greenelf Lime goes in at F for general, F for PvP and second form Tier 3, with insane defence this would be a pain to face, if the moveset was actually half decent. You need to orchestrate very awkward conditions to use the moves and extra plant teammates to make any supershells you create good. Double counter strike is the payoff for bronzeshells in the enemy team but doesn’t actually line up well with unwanted equality. Honestly, this looks like a mess and if you ever face it then ignore it and kill any supershells it creates unless you’re running fire monsters in your team. The second form is the worst thing we’ve seen in a long time. I wrote about this moveset at length here so follow the link if you want to read more.

flowerfb Garden fairy pieris goes in at E for general and A for PvP, with three very relevant killer moves at efficient TU and a couple being piercing this has some real potential in PvP. However, frosty aura and countershock are not strong enough as a fail case so this depends a lot on the other garden fairies to work. With them it can not only efficiently take out specific monsters but also be their ideal support, with a 30TU purify, insomnia to make that purify better and the healing move they all have. So far we’ve seen one other garden fairy and it’s very strong so I reckon we’re looking at a legitimately good PvP combo here.

dragonfd03 dragonfd04 Pitayagon goes in at C for general and S for PvP, with the ability to toggle which element it is this is a great new design for the game. This is a complete powerhouse of a legendary with good defence, no killer weakness, efficient damage moves and minor stun protection for your team that can’t be knocked back as a bonus. Link poison eater damage is low (2-3 shots monsters) but its low TU gives flexibility. On the other hand, link catapult deals more damage than other catapult moves so it actually one-shots any legendary reliably and even one-shots many mythics. At only 100TU and piercing I reckon this is the main damage move on the way to link bloodthirst. Overall though, each move looks good which makes it a powerful sweeper on top of the tanky stats and passives. Please note that while both icons are here I only put the earth one into the tier lists.

cannonbur Bunkerbeast (s) goes in at C for general and D for PvP, with the loss of sleep immunity I can’t see this matching up to what other mortar monsters offer. Mortar monsters are slow to act and this simply doesn’t offer enough to make it worthwhile. It’s playable but lacklustre.

crocour Gnashjaw (s) goes in at D for general and D for PvP, with a weak and awkward throw move this is not very suitable anywhere. The 70TU is not enough unless we get significantly more ways to enable throw next. Bloodcrave is weak too, usually needing two kills to one-shot.

crystalwr Crystal worm roseus goes in at S- for general and S- for PvP, with a moveset that’s highly dependent on the other crystal worms this is likely to shift position later. It’s tanky and immune to stun+poison, which is brilliant going for a SE. It definitely wants to sacrifice a fellow CW then it actually needs a second kill before bloodfury will do enough damage since it has such low attack. Overall, this might be pretty good and I’m starting it off with reasonable tier positions. They look like they’re going to be a fixed version of the thlugs (no combo with OoO or guaranteed sleep).

crystalwg Crystal worm viridis goes in at D for general and C for PvP, with higher speed than the one above but far more restrictive void moves I am doubtful about this one. It will probably be the CW that we use a void move of then sacrifice to one of the others. However, its void moves probably won’t find a target a fair amount of the time. I’m rating this one lower and we’ll have to see what the rest look like.

firebug3 Supershell goes in at S- for general and Notable for PvP, with stun martyr and shield entrance this is a surprisingly good source of stun protection for only 8 cost. Purify and lifeflip friend are reasonable support but ultimately you want to run this with plants so it has a good damage move. I think this will see quite a bit of use in teams that feature plant monsters but outside of that we have better options.

Movements:

Only a few movements this time. It’s almost all things going down.

Going up:
Kuromasa second form moves from Tier 2 → Tier 1, I didn’t fix this after raw throw TU was increased on the final form (50TU → 100TU). There’s now much less difference between them.
Garden fairy sunflower moves from S → S+ in PvP, dual confident strike and hardened carapace makes this a huge pain to deal with since you often have to waste an attack on it and the unwanted aura is a bit ridiculous. It’s super easy to slam this monster near the beginning of any team for value.

Going down:
Harleking moves from B → C in PvP
Na’turgoul moves from B → C in PvP
Dragulus moves from C → D in PvP
Uraniumedhus moves from C → D in PvP
Lilithia moves from D → E in PvP
Sacrumega moves from S → S- in PvP
Valzareign moves from S- → A in PvP, the weakened healing is a significant problem sometimes.
Emeraldont moves from D → E in PvP, the SS damage is terrible and we expect better stun protection these days.

3 Likes