🏆 Neo Monsters tier list (see first post) 🏆

Update

Notes:

We recently had an update to version 2.37 which you can see here. This post will cover the movements with regards to these changes. We also had version 2.36 but that didn’t change any monsters, it just changed some AI and added more monsters to MBQ.

Nyx got a tweak to fermata so accelerate no longer removes the slow. This is mainly to force you to use slow monsters with it, since previously you could have a high speed accelerate team (e.g. Shieldragon) and still use high speed monsters. However, it makes it impossible to counter. Overall I’d say it makes the monster a tiny bit weaker. The secret skill got changed to instant sendback… which has HUGE potential for combos and makes Nyx amazingly flexible both in the FL and outside it. So in total, Nyx is better. It’s already S+ in general and S in PvP so I’m not moving it but it’s very strong!
Gnashjaw got enlist on the same TU as legendaries, which doesn’t do a whole lot but it means in the future we’ll always see it at this slightly more competitive TU on SEs.
Yin/Yang got ways to sacrifice themselves, making Ldiefaeth’s substitute move creating them less oppressive. However, it’s still a great monster so I think S tier for both lists is fair.

Movements:

The changes below are only with respect to the changes in version 2.37.

Deus X moves from F → D in general, piercing makes this much more effective against buffed monsters in PvE. It’s a nice upgrade to the monsters, but it’s still a bit slow for PvP and other mythics outclass what Deus X does so no movement there.
Redybug moves from S → S- in general, S → S- in PvP and removed from SEs veterans utilise (win conditions), I really should’ve had this in S+ before, it was super powerful. It’s been very heavily nerfed with the Redybug being much slower if it wants to both protect and summon the Goldoise. After doing so it cannot support with damage either and if it dies then Goldoise cannot follow up with sleep because all enemies are poisoned. Now it’s basically a tanky protector for 10 cost in reptile teams, rather than being a very strong monster in any team and absurd in reptile teams. I think it’s a great shame the nerf messed a lot with the functionality of the moveset, rather than simply making it weaker. In many cases it won’t even be worth summoning the Goldoise.
Leira moves from C → E in general, with moogong now getting a way to sacrifice itself (which I assume the AI uses?) this now takes more work to build around for heavy control. It’s still worth doing in PvP but in PvE I think there are better options.