🏆 Neo Monsters tier list (see first post) 🏆

Update

Notes:

We recently had an update to version 2.32 which you can see here. This post will cover the movements with regards to these changes. This update was HUGE, affecting many monsters. They tried to slow down poison sweeping, balance link slayerbane all and reduce how oppressive stun can be. What’s been targeted most is link fire, having key components significantly nerfed (Magmagund, Magmarinus, Tridrakhan, Keeperdragon and others).

Majorie got an interesting and fast KBN variant but the problem is the sleep roulette design and total reliance on sleep so it’s still F tier everywhere for me.
Asmodia I’m keeping where she is, even though now she can instant poison storm on the first turn to help whip kill things, or whip → instant poison storm → whip (there used to be 100s restriction from first turn).
Haneri is not as reliant on stun pulse as other monsters with a similar design, she’s still great.
Flarevern slowed down impact, but still a pretty great inclusion for poison teams.
Elfin dragons had the silly condition of needing an ED next in line for them to pullback an ED, but this is more of a convenience change than a functional buff.
Pitayagon had link poison eater slowed but this was also the least used move so I’m keeping it where it is.
The 4 star link double poison eaters were all slowed a lot but still have great killing power so I’m not moving them.
Stun bombs and stun bursts have all been weakened but they’re still very strong for their cost and in comparison to other 0-4* monsters so their tiers aren’t changing. This has mainly affected PvE I think, where stun locking teams will not be as effective.

Movements:

These are only with respect to the changes in version 2.32. I’ve grouped some of them together so it’s a bit easier to read and to understand what the update did to the monsters.

Buffed monsters:
Lilithia moves from F → E in general and E → A in PvP, adding a shield on top of stealth has made her a must-kill target so she’s no longer got the problem of getting stuck doing nothing. The passive benefit on entering teammates is crazy and the moves she has are very strong when they find targets. 130 → 100TU pure cure was a nice cherry on top too, making it better for passing time and swift pullback has become stronger with the passive getting buffed. Looks like a great PvP monster now.
Balancion moves from C → A in general and D → S in PvP, with the addition of shields this has become an extremely powerful front line combo or otherwise in the mid-game since now we have so many monsters which can sacrifice teammates. The rest of the moveset has been improved too.

Unique/multiple nerfs:
Magmagund moves from S+ → S in PvP, this did way too much and was the thing powering up link fire by a huge amount. The aggression has been weakened, especially in the front line. It’s still a core part of link fire but isn’t an oppressive sweeper any more.
Tridrakhan moves from S- → A in PvP, this should have been S tier before, the stunning entrance was super good at setting up triple poison eater and turning the tide with a poison end-game. Note that shiny Tridrakhan is unchanged, so is a very powerful payoff for link earth poison (once that gets more support).
Zephyrin moves from S- → A in general and A → B in PvP, this packs a lot of stun and combo potential but it’s been hit by multiple nerfs reducing the stun amounts now that it’s not quite so far ahead of the other shockers any more.
Nectareon moves from S- → A in general and S+ → S- in PvP, lower speed makes this incredibly easy to kill, so it’s mainly for a toxic entrance now.

Link slayerbane all nerf (100s from first turn, rather than start of battle):
Gyomurai moves from S → S- in PvP, affected less by this because it lines up well with both elem accelerate and overconfident strike.
Magmarinus moves from C → E in general and S → A in PvP, still a decent monster in PvP for link fire teams, but needing to do less good moves to pass time and having no easy way to charge berserk smash without being lower HP already makes this a much less good sweeper.
Prismaryx moves from B → C in general and A → B in PvP, LSA lines up absolutely horribly now because the moves are all below 100TU when it has bonus so you probably want to have it +0.

Stun pulse nerf (50TU → 100TU):
Hawknight moves from C → D in general, C → E in PvP and second form Tier 2 → Tier 3, with stun pulse falling off its perch as great control and setup for timestrike moves this monster has unfortunately become lower impact and less reliable as a sweeper, in PvP at least (PvE you can still skip behind monsters).
Pupupa/Stormoth moves from C → D in general
Raizen moves from A → B in general, I’m leaving it S in PvP for now but may review later.
Nulltron moves from S → A in general and S- → A in PvP, the options are what make it great but timestrike double not being as easy to get kills with can make sweeping a problem. It’s not a premium stun converter now.
Dolphoenix moves from A → D in general and A → C in PvP, with the loss of the dolphin attack boost recently and now stun grenade this can neither kill enemies well or control the enemy team in a strong way. There are way better things to be doing in PvE. In PvP this was a strong piece of the dolphin setup that’s no longer worth playing, weakening that whole setup.
Icefang moves from C → D in PvP, wrecked its moveset, but it’s only used as a stun lock enabler anyway and often killed off.
Galvbane moves from S+ → S- in general and S → A in PvP, falling off its pedastal as the best 5* starter, this is pretty sad. It’s still a fine sweeper for new players though, especially since you can skip behind to timestrike in PvE.

Poison gas/storm nerf (50TU → 70TU / 100s from start of battle):
Tiamazus (s) moves from C → D in PvP
Freezecobra moves from S+ → S in PvP, with yet another nerf I think it’s time to take it down again. It often needs to use poison gas, so this definitely slows it down.
Volcavenus moves from B → C in general and S → S- in PvP
Abyssraider moves from B → C in general
Moltenpede moves from C → E in PvP, lost its one viable use as FL poison setup so now it’s just medium damage moves.

P.S. If anyone can think of a monster that’s been drastically affected by this update (e.g. the poison gas TU increase) that I haven’t mentioned then please let me know! It was hard to check everything with this.