🏆 Neo Monsters tier list (see first post) 🏆

Update

Notes:

We had an update to version 2.30 last month which you can see here. Sorry for the delay - I actually wrote 80% of this ages ago but forgot about it. This post will cover the movements with regards to these changes.

This update was mostly small nerfs to some of the recent meta-defining monsters in PvP. Also, some fun buffs to older monsters and making Orochi far more worthwhile.

F.D. Maeve had the speed reduced by 14%, but I don’t believe this will make any significant difference to how it plays. It’s still an extremely strong FL option when combined with various things.
Mantisamurai has a speed nerf too which has knocked it down a bit in PvE OoO setups but I still think it’s worthy of S- there and in PvP it’s still great. Basically, it turned out high speed with union attack was way too aggressive when combined with other bugs so I’m glad that’s been stopped.
Magmarinus has finally got the speed nerf it needed ever since link fire became genuinely very good. However, it’s still very strong in link fire so I’m leaving it in the same position for now, until I hear from people whether it’s too unreliable.
Cryokaizer got a nice revenge but won’t affect its strength in PvP and then in PvE I don’t feel it’s significant enough to boost the tier, especially because it means you can’t use it as a backstab target.

Movements:

These are only with respect to the changes in version 2.30.

Orochi moves from C → A in general, C → A in PvP and second form tier 3 → tier 2, this was an enormous buff to speed her up and make her very controlling with the stun. I really like how stunning fulu now chains into swift revival or into a second stunning fulu. I still don’t like death entrance but the guaranteed kills with damage/stun and all while being stun protection seems very good. I think she’s borderline S-/A in PvE.
Kuromasa second form moves from tier 1 → 2, losing hold ground makes this definitely worse than the final form for the combos behind a protector. However, getting raw throw is a really nice upgrade so the monster isn’t so all-in on the double catapult strategy. I think the change for the final form of raw throw (100TU) → raw catapult (160TU) is neither better nor worse. Piercing is worth the TU increase, but now you can only attack at high TU.
Sanctallion moves from B → S- in general, the shields are exceptionally good when you’re backstabbing this or otherwise to protect the newly entered Sancta. Unfortunately, in PvP the high TU assisted moves means this is still unviable in today’s world of tanky and camo monsters.
Guardtotem moves from E → D in PvP, a sorry excuse for a monster but this buff made it stun protection. What’s most exciting here is the passive may be a hopeful sign of what’s to come.
Archeopteron moves from D → C in general and D → A in PvP, buffing it exactly how I hoped, this is an intruiging option for use alongside OoO or as budget stun protection. The passives combination is top class but the issue is the damage is a bit low. Stunbreaker deals 4k or barely over while bloodcrave won’t one-shot anything with good defence. Ultimately, that makes it hard to rely on even if you’re able to sneak in a quick kill on a HG enemy or set up your own rescuing cannibalise. It’s fine, but not top tier. Borderline S-/A.
Woperdoom moves from F → D in PvP, the impossible-to-charge bloodcrave has been switched to union attack and I think random clone might have been sped up too. This means the monster has gone from horrendous in PvP to actually having a viable damage move. However, the damage is not great, the monster is low speed and it probably wants to be in a team with both demons AND mark monsters (which it helps set up with its mark move)… which is a tall order.

7 Likes