🏆 Neo Monsters tier list (see first post) 🏆

Update

Notes:

We recently had an update to version 2.29 which you can see here. This post will cover the movements with regards to these changes.

A few buffs to recent mythics here that were clunky and otherwise just a few monsters. Let’s dive in!

Please note: They failed to fix the bug with Elemphox so it’s actually still got the +200% attack/defence buff. that means they get +200% attack/defence rather than +100%. I will not be taking this into account here.

Yukihime got a nice change to the hit all move so you now might consider using it to slow down enemies or get rid of shields/stealth/etc. It’s good to see the frozen touch passive actually mean something! Ultimately not a major change though.

Movements:

These are only with respect to the changes in version 2.29.

Hu Shin moves from F → D in general, this now has all 50TU moves besides bloodthirst but the restrictions make it stay super clunky for use in PvP. It’s basically a weaker Atrahasis in most cases, which is already a fringe legendary. However, timely revival is potentially very strong so it may play well sometimes and I reckon in PvE it can work reasonably well in teams seeking to abuse this 50TU “necromancy”.

Coretta moves from S- → B in PvP, full disclosure… I was very wrong about her originally. We see a lot of clunky mythic designs that don’t work and unfortunately she was another. The reality is that it’s too easy for aggressive teams to pick apart combos like these before they get going, so Coretta ends up spamming vow and being unable to do anything else. That said, one of the big issues was the TU of vow, which has been drastically reduced. 70TU seems achievable and the shield move becoming 1TU means you can shield your whole team any time Coretta gets a turn, if you don’t mind putting her HP low. I think the change has done a really good job of fixing her problems, but I’m hesitant to get hyped until I’ve properly tested her. So these are the tiers I’m putting her in for now and I’ll probably adjust them later on.

Majorie moves from D → F in general, I was going to save this for a normal update but I’ll do it here. I’ve tried this monster out and it’s horrendous. It’s basically permanently spamming sleep roulette and feeling like a liability as it disables your own team. Only very particular setups can actually use it properly and even in those there are far better options. Speeding up the moves is not going to make a difference, it needs ultrathunder changed into a useful move and/or a mild speed increase.

Beetlebrute moves from A → S in PvP, with Mantisamurai and F.D. Maeve, bugs have become an extremely good union setup recently and Beetlebrute has now got a faster cannibalise to heal your team and remove a dead weight token/teammate. This monster is definitely going to help carry bug union as a strategy.

Lavaronix (s) moves from C → A in general and F → D in PvP, this is a weird one because it’s still got the big problem of stun absorber + TT making it impossible to give turn to and the big payoff of TT being disrupted by any stun. However, having both shield and overwatch makes this take more effort to deal with, potentially creating situations where avoiding the TT becomes hard for your opponent. Also, 250s link megabomb lines up nicely after two give turns. I reckon it’s about as good as the non-shiny standard TT legendaries now when used in link shadow, and a little stronger than them in PvE thanks to the faster megabomb. Thanks Devs for trying to fix this!

Zhulong moves from D → B in PvP, being reliant on stealth was a big drawback but this is no longer the case! With the right setup it should be very nice and it forms a good basis for link shadow in PvP.

5 Likes