Mythic Discussion Thread

Take a closer look before you judge :wink:

The monster will have 67 + 9 Speed when awakened. Combined with only Oniblade it almost one shots stag. Add a third shadow monster and you already have one shot move right from the start. Taloknight is basically built to be used with it because it can shield and accelerate. Instant KBR basically allows you to get rid of two targets at the same time (knock back one, kill the other). From that point on BF is charged. On a stun counter monster. This alone is awesome but if you can use it with Shadow HG monsters the elem healing is super useful aswell.

All in all awakened onyxia is simply amazing. It’s one of the best Allrounders out there and I can’t wait until I can awaken mine.

Isn’t pretty much all the awakened mythics amazing? Like crazy moves aside, they have crazy high stats so I still don’t see how “great” he is but the awakened is your standard whale monster from the devs.

I think most of us think that onyx is Bad because the second stage of it is very Bad … But with bloodfury, high Speed, stun counter and sleep immunity its pretty nuts…
Sadly most of us wont be able to awake it, so we will Stick with the Bad 6* Version…

What i dont like is, that the ‘new’ mythics re all strong and usefull at their second stage …

Compared to sakura its a joke that second stage onxy only has stun Converter, Not stun counter… Devs should really Change that… Sakura second stage gets stun converter… So its fair …

Well, I think the judgement of a Monsters potential is but different in top tier PvP. When you see a moveset, you already imagine certain scenarios in your head in which the monster would be great. It’s not so much looking at the specific moveset, it’s seeing the monster as a part of a whole strategy. It’s something you develop over time with more and more PvP experience.

1 Like

What’s that supposed to mean? Lmao
Im a F2P, not new player. I was here even before the starters had super epic versions.

I didn’t expect someone to dislike Onyxia so much. Btw my love of Novadrake has nothing to do with it, there are a large number of monsters I love of all elements and strategies. E.g. Some of my favourites are Novemdomina, Stratustrike, Zeuswyrm, Nulltron, Oakthulhu and my favourite element in general is holy.

Onyxia has great speed, can do lots of powerful things and enables some cool link shadow stuff. One thing I didn’t note previously was how his bloodfury got the raw requirement removed which is pretty nuts because he can now be a protected stun counter sweeper. I’m sure in the right teams that can work very well.

I already have a link shadow team in mind for onyx

I like Huskegon

Realistically speaking, awakening onyxia is most likely not happening for any of us any time soon.

2 Likes

At this time myths need to be evaluated in their 6* form. The 7* form is irrelevant to almost all of us.

6* onyx is hot hot garbage. Sting needs to be death mark. Its meant to be paired with Oni, so 1-1, but its only charging move makes its target unsleepable. So its useless.

Devs went weird. 6* mythics are almost always useless. 7* are OP. Should have balanced more.

If it had deathmark though, it wouldn’t fit the definition of a mythic, as they have to have one unique move or passive.

Imagine if it was like voodoo curse? It would make sense to give him that kinda of skill as a spammamble skill instead of pushing this terrible gimmick of “assisst”. Only assist moves that are good is the 50 TU assisst all that novadrake has and the canishogun combos.

1 Like

You do realise that a one shot move on a bloodfury monster with stun counter with 67+9 speed is extraordinarily good?

It has bloodthirst. And it cant be +9 cuz it cant be potted.

So its barely fast enough to be FL material but then cant get a kill for 100s anyway. And then needs another kill to get going.

Its a bench warmer.

2 Likes

I am obviously talking about the awakened version

The second form is awful. No doubt about that

Meh I’m not a fan of Onyx.

Fatal string rarely gets a kill, gets one shotted by pretty every Chrono killer.

Stun counter is great but once knockback has been used he could be useless for a bit.

Depends who you partner with him, doesn’t work alone like most other Mythics.

All in all Husk is the worst Mythic ever

I was talkin 6 star cuz ill never have 7 star

Fatal sting generally speaking is a bad move.

Remove the poison requirement, or reduce time for it to go off to 100 TU. That fixes it.

3 Likes

Heck. Make it link death sentence like ankou since onyx is already primed to be a dark link master.

Oniblade 1-1 link death sentence and elemental healing makes it phenomenal.