Mark is kinda meh?

Relatively new player here. I got the new mythic Cynthia from thr anniversary egg and was super excited bout it. But i’ve tried her out and quick draw which relies on mark is a bit useless i feel. Mark in general seems quite underwhelming. Or is there something I don’t know about mark?

1 Like

4 Likes

I too have her but only in her second form. Her quick draw is uselles when other mark mons ar on field. Also unlike poison. Mark wears of easily(lava entrence ,shield ,poison) so I think best way to use her is with blood cravers etc , knocback(repulsers).
I don’t think she is bad at all.

I have her in the 3rd form. Pretty lucky I know with only 500 gems used. But still i wish quick draw was piercing or that she had bloodthirst or something. Just feel like she sometimes has nothing to do.

Bruh <50 tu with piercing and she gonna eat up whole team herself. I still haven’t decided in what position I am going to play her. But it would be probable with someone with low tu who can finish of hg and keep charging his blood crave. Heck if you don’t have any good candidate. You can even use +9 glav. Protect kill people with hg 40 something tu I guess. And then blodcrave or stun pulse fast mons who can get turn before Cynthia.
For giving her initial mark targets you can try that featured se with mark before her. Mark one or two then you sacrifice heal or in case wait for cynty to come and also charge her retribution.

Quick Draw is a 50tu sweeping move with minimal requirements. Seems pretty damn good to me.

Repulser and knocback mons may also come handy. Especially with shielded mon.

I haven’t used her against buff mons yet. Mark attacks does one shot them right?

No clue.

Sorry I should have added that I would have liked to increase quick draw TU if it got piercing or make it so that it can’t be diverted. Idk just thought that without a blood move she just won’t have much to do a lot of the time. Or maybe I’m underselling double retribution. But yah I’ll take ur advice on how to fit her into my team. I still think though that mark as a whole is pretty underwhelming. Maybe what she needs is a different SS?

I mean yah it would be really nuts if not for the fact that it can be diverted by simply having a friendly protector. And then she can’t really do much til either a teammate dies or until she can get to use silver bullet.

That’s where other repulser, already charged sweepers may come handy. You don’t have to wait for other mons to die. Also I suggest not use her repulse right off. Instead have another repulser, sweeper to provide her with target. Her repulse may come handy when someone who can shield enemy’ or removes mark form them will enter.

Gotcha. Do u think she’d work well with a crescendo unit or a sweeper w a blood move?

Cynthia is crazily good. The 50TU quick draw one-shots everything except for high defence stuff and earth monsters. If you have the awakened mythic it will one-shot practically all legendaries and only struggle against high defence mythics. Against buffed enemies in PvE it obviously doesn’t one-shot… but for 50TU you wouldn’t expect it to!

Cynthia is also kind of separate to other mark monsters because she cannot use quick draw if you have a mark teammate. So mark as a whole is another story.

Cynthia herself is incredibly strong how she is and needs no changes. She sets herself up for 50TU sweeping, has 100TU retribution to fall back on (160TU double retribution when awoken) and silver bullet is very powerful (100TU piercing one-shot on a large number of shadow monsters). She also counters sleep effectively and can even be used with OoO with extreme effectiveness in the awoken form. If anything, she may need a nerf in the long run.

It really depends how you want to use her. Quick draw + mark field is probably the most common use and that fits with basically any team that plans to keep killing enemies or knocking them back. Combining it with poison it not a problem at all because poison ticks don’t remove mark. In fact, poison helps her deal with shields/HG so her 50TU sweeping shouldn’t get stopped by anything.

I am by no means pro man. But here what I am gonna do
Maybe have charged bloodmove mon, repulser. Or that featured se ready when she comes. In case of using that SE make sure to sacrifice him as soon as possible or maybe kill him already so she can enter.
If you can pull above then she probably gonna have few potential targets now she can sweep and provide herself with freshly marked mons.
Possible hiccups you may encounter are mons coming with shield, poison field (maybe), or lava entrance type mons or roaring entrence. In that case you can use repulse or other blood move mon or something else.
Crecndo team may get benifitd by her by removing hg mons. But incase something desruptive enemy like above mentioned enters the field before cresndo become one shot, the your whole line would be in trouble. Also have some measures for stun, death revange etc.

Sorry for the spam but I was just testing the damage of quick draw (in order to make my earlier posts) by doing the “test your team”, fighting various PvP teams. Between Cynthia, Mafiorca (2nd form Padrinorca) and 4 of those pyramid golems I was able to win most of the battles. Cynthia’s sweeping is crazily good for going through teams. Her good defence and no weakness to killer moves make her very tricky to kill.

Wut. Poison won’t remove mark. ?

Nope, it has to be hit by a damage move. The wording in-game is “Marked status will disappear if attacked”.

Oh. It was my first mark mon. So I tested her with poison touch and believe mark got removed . Maybe because it was poison touch that’s why I got confused. So she can sync with auto poisons