Let's talk about Nefariodon

He was an OK monster till Cynthia was introduced, Cynthia is very strong herself not broken

But because of her now Nefariodon can easily kill 8 monsters and I believe that’s too much

I think Cynthia is fine but Nefariodon needs to change.

Note: I have both of them

2 Likes

well lets make it so make nefarions passive so that it has a ‘chance’ to kill marked stuff

1 Like

Mmmmhmm. Just recently decided to try him out in conjunction with Cynthia and it’s frankly ludicrous. Wipes out 2-4 mons in an instant, has bloodthirst charged before he even gets a turn, and has the option to step back to do the thing all over again… twice. It’s absolutely insane, though I struggle to think about what could be done about it that wouldn’t just wreck nefariodon entirely. Perhaps cynthia’s passive could be disabled when there’s Mark allies on the field, like quick draw? That would get rid of the potential for snowballing, and further render Cynthia helpless if you dare to run her with other markers.

2 Likes

You could always Make mark trigger an actual active move instead of step back, say 160-200 tu? he’s got low enough speed, and leave pullback. I don’t think he’s that good tbh, you lose all control when you kill 4 at once. Although I can see where lower levels struggle with him

1 Like

I think we should rebalance Cynthia instead of Nefariodon. Make her passive target allies too.

2 Likes

I’m not gonna lie I was expecting this thread to have been started by @Lucrayzor

3 Likes

My suggestion is to change the passive of Nefariodon to be activated after 100 seconds of entering the field when there is another mark ally, otherwise it activates immediately

1 Like

Is it time for awakened aetherion to shine

Well I use cynthia but not nefaradion (even owning it). I don’t like that particular combo for several reasons
1st I much prefer to have Cynthia at it’s full potential (quick draw)
2nd My teams are always about control (after Canis AoE of course :joy::joy::joy:) and killing 4 monsters at once it’s all the opposite of that even if it’s look so attractive and dangerous on paper
3rd as a Cynthia user when a face an enemy nefaradion it’s a blessing because it kills the enemy monster for me and gives me even more control
4th If nefaradion doesn’t get any kills or only 1 it becomes a massive deadweight and i simply dont like to have any potential dead weight in my teams

So people i think you’re all overreacting to this let some time pass before coming here and start crying

3 Likes

and nef has no weakness… :0

That’s where you’re wrong. Bastia stops it and how convenient, She’s available in an egg right now.

Change instant true hit to Mark killer on orca :joy:

5 Likes

You’ve never said anything so wise

I mean it has no weakness as in a charged move which is why meta mortar units are hard to kill.

For me cynthia and nefariodon like, auto poison and blight bom entrance.
Maybe nefariodon need restriction for entrance skill (250 sec is ok)

1 Like

I’ve got both and have used them extensively these past 2 PvP seasons. It’s a strong combo but nothing crazy. Focusing on killing Cynthia first is important against any team using her and if that team is using Nefariodon you basically just created a dead weight monster. If you have the matchup of Cynthia vs Cynthia then any Nefariodons are crazy, killing random things on both sides. Typically whoever starts sweeping first just gets a huge advantage from the opponent’s Nefariodon.

So what I’m saying is a fair amount of the time it will backfire or simply not work how you hoped. Occasionally it will kill things you wanted to keep alive (you need to think ahead and sometimes use moves simply to remove mark from particular enemies). It’s incredibly difficult to use well because it takes planning far ahead and honestly I think that’s really interesting to play, for both people in the battle!

One team I built (which I used last PvP season) was all about knockback/repulse at the front of the team with Cynthia. Depending on the matchup I could get sweeping, choose to carefully mark / leave marked certain targets or (if I was going to have no control) simply repulse as much as possible so Nefariodon would kill lots when it entered. This team was a lot of fun to play and was strong but nothing OP.

The team I’m using now doesn’t have repulse but is made more for controlled killing, with very few killer weaknesses at the front of the team. Here Nefariodon is not a power house and almost never kills lots but can help deal with some problematic monsters if things line up right. Definitely not OP in this case.

This is magical christmas land as far as I can tell. To reliably pull this off you need to build a combo with the sole intention of doing this (e.g. I saw someone with the lifeflip bomboid FL with Cynthia, Nefariodon behind and a fast GT to let it stepback for a second entry). However, build too heavily into any combo like this and you’re opening yourself to counters.

I don’t think there’s any problem with either monster.

If I HAD to offer a nerf suggestion I’d say do the “XXX seconds from start of battle”. Nefariodon is a nice mid-game swing monster but if it was locked to the end-game it could probably work there to. I don’t think it’s necessary though.

1 Like

BUNDELBLAZER

This combo is very strong, but Nefariodon can quickly turn into dead weight with Repulse as long as Cynthia is dead. I think it’s borderline, but acceptable.

Asking for a Nefariodon nerf is nonsense though. If you want to nerf the combo, go for Cynthia.

6 Likes

She’s having nun of that

6 Likes

For Cynthia-nefariodon users, try placing geomagnus in front of nefario, I haven’t seen anyone doing that so far, it should be funny :slight_smile:
I know nefario steps back by himself, but with geo you could do it faster and also control the game if the new enemy’s monsters that comes are not convenient to you