Mal juego

Perhaps it’s a bad thing that people in cuba routinely tell others to commit suicide?

7 Likes

If we don’t kill ourselves for quality of life, we won’t do it because someone says so. :joy:

4 Likes

Well then maybe you all should notice that in almost all other countries, this is either seriously frowned upon or straight-up illegal to tell someone to kill yourself. Not everywhere is Cuba, and cultural sensitivity goes a long way towards peaceful conversation

2 Likes

I agree with the others that even if it’s a normal phrase to say in Cuba, it doesn’t translate well into other languages and cultures. Best that you leave that phrase for personal conversations with other Cuban players.

To me here it looks like either a joke gone wrong, or a cultural misunderstanding. @Mr_Lokiiii I’m sure it’s clear enough from the other posts here… please avoid the topic of suicide or saying something that might come across badly in this way.

4 Likes

I had no idea that it was very offensive to other countries, it’s good to know

1 Like

Most people would laugh it off, but it could push someone further to suicide if they’re already considering it and they take it the wrong way. It can be quite difficult to tell if someone is suicidal so it’s better to be safe and not tell people to kill themselves.

1 Like

please cut the thread now. You are very absolute with offenses, we Cubans are not, we offend ourselves all the time and… what do we do? Laughing and cursing all the time, something that you apparently don’t have the ability to bear, since you are offended by something so stupid😆 There will always be someone who will offend you, learn to laugh at that🤦🏼‍♂️
You need to relax😆
Bye!

It’s not that we don’t. We have our own phrases for that. “Go jump off a cliff” is probably the closest. It’s basically saying the same thing but is a more ridiculous statement which makes it obvious. Telling someone to commit suicide is the one considered very rude because suicide is a very significant issue in a lot of countries/cultures and a deeply personal thing some people struggle with. So culturally we don’t say it to strangers unless we’re trying to be rude.

I hope that makes sense. We definitely don’t want to randomly push each others’ cultural norms on everyone, but since this view is quite widespread it’s important that Cubans (or any other groups) know it’s a phrase they should avoid on the public forum. We need to find a happy medium where people aren’t accidentally being rude to each other.

Remember also that things can come across very badly over the internet. It’s easier to play it a bit more safe. For example, I swear a lot and mean it very casually but you’ll almost never see me swearing here on the forum or in my videos (they only slip out a bit when I do long videos).

3 Likes

actually I get more offended when someone accuses me of copying their team and I think they’re wrong lol. if I had issues with being offended by trivial matters I wouldn’t have spent countless hours of my life starting/fueling arguments on this forum to fulfill my boredom

3 Likes

Don’t make us cancel you @Richito

1 Like

Idk man, “son of a b★tch” or “motherf★cker” are both insults, according to some American/British exchange students I had the honour of discussing the intricacies of poopoo language with, that don’t carry THAT much weight to them.
Yet here in Italy we’re programmed from birth to defend our mother’s reputation at all costs, and those insults are some of the worst ones to us.

The point is: different cultures → different ideals and taboos. Something that’s acceptable in your culture may not be so for some other people.

6 Likes

Can’t believe I gave a free Lemon Squeezy bronze package :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

who are you? Please do not notify me in a message again. You don’t need to tell me you’re canceling me😆. If you have that power, do it🤷🏼‍♂️ and don’t waste messages in vain🤦🏼‍♂️

He’s just kidding around. Why do you seem so offended?

I was reading my favorite book while drinking pineapple juice and when I saw that player’s message it made me laugh, I shot all the juice on the pages and ruined my book. So I’m upset about my book :angry: :laughing:

That seems like a drastic overreaction to me. Like we’ve been saying, different cultures…

1 Like

Ohh please don’t make me ruin another book you too :pray:

Book? Since when is there electricity in Cuba at this hour? :rofl:

2 Likes

Stop lying about being able to read @Richito I know you’re using voice to text

2 Likes

And how exactly does he know the context of these dialogues if he can’t read? :face_in_clouds: