Level 600 battle (Final Gatekeeper) Video

Sorry for the wait. had to spend some quality time with the family.

here’s the video on the final gatekeeper at level 600 no polareon / atra + nebel funniness used - have a blast.

PS: do note the video is double the speed… battle nearly lasted half an hour and it would be too long to watch.

video is currently processing should take about 15-20 minutes to finish on youtube.

honestly I have not looked at the whole video myself cause it is late so forgive me for slight bugs n all in the edit

Nice job dude!:slight_smile:

Awesome vid and awesome job!

Can you get through any stage with the sleep/stun absorb comp you’re running? Is there anything it struggles against?

It does not struggle unless you bump into a setup that destroys your frontline right away and it follows up with killing your knockbackers while a tank that has protect up or Aegis dragon is on the field - you need to be able to use sleep on the first four targets basically. From there on it is free game. so basically you can only struggle with setup - when I have these 4 monsters on the field with all my opponent targets asleep I do not lose.

That’s the short answer - long answer is below explaining more in details which decisions I made and which mistakes I made.

Also you need to know the prioritization of the kill order - the AI thinks the twin knockback unwanted friend monsters are more important than any other monster - they will target them first. as you can see when Leo stayed awake he killed off my Elyssion (the unwanted friend holy mon) first. I tried to get him killed earlier (ideally you want a stun absorber + 3 sleepers on the field ) but I forgot I stealthed him at the very start to avoid him being twin slept by Wraithcaptain in case wraithcaptain would use sleep, This resulted in Ziberius his Double Retribution being a MISS which kinda succked for me.

Wraithcaptain however acts like other sleepers with the AI - when there’s a protector with protect up it will try to kill the protector first before using sleep. (I did not know that in advance or i’d have not used stealth on elyssion but I needed to be sure elyssion could knockback Aurodragon and Aegisdragon).

the setup part is hard… getting the 4 you want on the field and getting the setup on the enemy side that you want to be able to sleep 4. After that it’s just managing sleep well.

Also - do not use protect with your protector - they will prioritize the hold ground sleepers first because they have Bloodthirst. You only wanna use protect if you know something bad could happen to your sleepers (like knockback or they’re about to get killed or you’re nearing the end of the enemy monsters and all stuns have come in already so you know that no stun will hit anymore and you can safely let your protector die off)

you can also use these things to your advantage - for example Pufftoxin and Rhynobrawl will ALWAYS use poison but when they hit 1 HP and hold ground - using poison would mean they’d kill themselves potentially without unleashing any damage. This means they’d rather kill themselves off with Reckless attack - they will target one of your hold ground sleepers so you can safely let him go for the attack and kill himself off. This will avoid the chance that deaths revenge hits Goldtail which does not have hold ground and is a vital part of this strategy.

I made some errors near the end where I wanted to kill off Celestrion but I realized just in time if Aurodragon would use reincarnation and Celestrion would be reincarnated he’d drop in right away using shocking entrance.

would have been fatal that’s why near the end of the video you can see me switching targets trying to kill off aurodragon first and it almost ended with me losing the game as they got an attack all off on me.

shows one mistake can instantly ruin it and cost you the game… You need to have a good understanding of what every monster in the AIs hands will do - some of it is just random but some moves are predictable (their targets are as well as the skills they use for some ).

for example I know Aegis will NEVER use purify on poison if there’s no poison eater/poison massacre monster on the field - he will always attack.

I’ll do a full rundown of the movie later here for those interested why I made decisions the way I did and how I know the AI would respond to these decisions as looking at the video is nice but your question made me realize people might not see these connections without me saying it.

You only miss polareon to make it easier ( faster ). I hope you get one 

This was really helpful. I never really thought about how the AI acts, but it seems like knowledge about it is important in order to get far.

Another question: how many times did you play that stage to learn what monsters you were going to fight and how to build a comp against it, as well as trying everything out before you actually won?

I won on the first attempt with the setup I had been using since the beginning of starting the challenge which is this setup. I however stopped before winning so I could record it. ( while recording it took me 3 extra attempts because they killed my knockbackers and aegis was still up )

The only thing I sometimes exchange is the poison 1 star in the frontline because poison sometimes is not needed.

To build this team it took me quite some attempts in the last Ultimate challenge - realistically it’s like 10 monsters for setting up the last 6.

It was really just trial and error and a lot of thinking how I could end up with four.sleepable targets and my three sleep legendaries on the field protected from incoming stuns.

I didn’t built against this team Perse - the teams don’t really matter.

Only auto protectors can mess you up at the frontline - you wanna use your knockback on those. Most teams will have some of these in the frontline. That’s two reasons why I’m using death revengers at the front.

1. They will almost certainly always die. Just because the enemy stats are buffed and death revenge is the only way I can deal some damage with my first four.

2. Because auto protectors are ussualy in the frontline I might kill them with death revenge meaning I can use my twin knockbackers for just unwanted friend and it would not matter if they die because i don’t necessarily have to knock anything back.

When you see an auto protector or Aegis is gonna drop in next - try to break all the sleeps and resleep relatively close to each other and kill a target right after.

When the protector comes in focus all power on it. You can see me taking down aegis in the video right on time before their entire team wakes up. Aegis is the hardest of the auto protectors to kill though so you will find things like gearcroc a lot easier to kill.

This is given you have the monsters required to get this high. Even some of the top players struggle in this event cause they lack a few key monsters like goldtail that do well in this event.

Nice job Hidan.

I always ended up with stun absorb, gold tail, polareon and shadow. The timings for the moves was pretty great.

Doing it without polareon must have been so time consuming. Tried a VPN to watch vid but didn’t work.

Congrats, is this fight the same as the one around 300?

Very nice. 

Hidan what is your rank in this challenge?

I ranked 12

I don’t recall the fight at 300 honestly. I dont think its similar to any other fight as this one has two celestrions in it and I dont remember seeing that.

the fight begins with enemy frontline: Shadowwyrm, Aegisdragon, Aurodragon, Ziberius. followed by Bahamuzar Wraithcaptain Shinobidragon … starts ringing any bells?

you can’t watch the video without VPN? probably one of the songs I added is restricted in several countries. You’d have to VPN to the Netherlands to watch. US and germany might be blocked.

Nice job Hidan. I do have a question though. How do you record your screen like that? I already have the Shou app but I cannot find a record button. I can record something but then I record footage with my camera and I am not recording my screen.
Help a brother out would ya?
Cheers

Sorry Hidan, was sure I replied earlier, I live in China, so YouTube is blocked.

I managed to load your video but it was too slow to actually watch!

The starting lineup was definitely the same, I remember wraith, shinobi then Leo.

Did you download the one from the AppStore ? Cause you need the one from outside the AppStore at least for iOS. Just try google airshou screen recorder the interface after downloading the app should have a record and broadcast function.

The app will tell you when you hit record to use AirPlay to screen mirror towards airshou and it will record. If you are using android I’m afraid I can’t be of much help

I always use google VPN when I’m in China but I set it up on my Laptop before entering or it’s blocked