Let's talk about capitalism

I have to say I prefer to say “colour”, “favour”, “endeavour” etc etc because that extra “u” may be silent, but it’s fancy

3 Likes

And it’s correct :wink:

3 Likes

I’m not from the UK, though :wink:

So you should name yourself DMGInterferuence and if you agree @LemonSqueezy , you should rename yourself as LemounSqueezy by putting in another ‘u’.

3 Likes

Na because it needs to end with an R

Not a bad idea. From now on I’ll be Interphearaense

3 Likes

Death by 10century suspension

truly well written

1 Like

Yes, british english and american english are a bit different:

Neighbour- neighbor

colour- color

buff anglomaiden 2nd form- buff 2nd form anglomaiden

I came from a british colony, and am now in the U.S, I kinda see it a lot, especially when writing essays.

What? It’s the correct way to write it! Same as when saying ‘a university’ instead of ‘an university’…

You being serious now mate? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Noticed your message just now, but he’s right.

“Euphoria” and “Utopia” all phonetically start with the /j/ sound, which is a semi-consonant and therefore needs the article a. It’s not an /i/ sound (like “Ear” or “Interference”) because they are followed by a vowel with stress.

Contrarily, words like “East” or “Undying”, despite starting with “E” and “U” like the first two words I mentioned, require the use of an.

It works the exact same in Italian but with an obvious difference in the application of the rule.

JAJAJAJAJA YOUR WRONG!!

1 Like

So tempted to talk politics here myself but I’ll hold back. Nice to see a few people put forward some good statements and for it not to be an argument. Politics doesn’t really have any place on this forum but if everyone is staying civil then I won’t be a spoil sport

Nuuuu tell us what u were gonna say

1 Like

Indian english uses both of them, colour and color. Just the will of person writing it.

1 Like

Oops bad English. I will make a discord server for interference’s english classes too.

1 Like

:duck:

Pff, for free? Give me 40 gems and then I’ll share
#Capitalism

5 Likes

That’s what you get for not buying the Moderator’s Booster Pack as DLC before signing up to the forum

Not to be awkward or anything, but I thought the green topic category meant players could talk about anything non game related? Or is it just because it’s politics it would usually be an issue?