Legendaries in the begin

I got a Legendary in my first ever egg way back with the old egg hatching system, and as I got a new phone I just wanted to try toget another one,

Thanks for the replies I think I’ll definitely will keep rerolling till I get a legendary, any suggestions on which legendary/super epic to keep maybe?

Shadowyrm or penguini.

legendary TT is nothing to toss away lol, how could you even do something like that.

Yea that’s true, I’ll adjust my question.

Which super epic is great to keep?

Sadly all the best SEs are event exclusives or mission-related (the SE starters). The timestrike/bloodcravers such as Snowja/Magmaraptor/Dinoraider are awesome for the main story, but don’t hold as much weight later online and PvP or high-end PvE events. It all comes down to how long-term do you want to look ahead.

I use the throwcravers in my pvp team. They are awesome.

Timestrike/bloodcrave mons are really good because it is easy to activate bloodcrave and then you can kill everything. I recommned to not ultra evolve them because after that they are weak against sleepkillers.

I would do it - if you plan on spending 0 dollars on game then you should definitely put the time in up front to get the legend. I say this because your odds of getting one from all the gems you earn is slim and you’ll be fine with strategy for a period of time but as you rise through the ranks every legend will become vital to success…

f2p player here

did make an alt 2 days ago and i really never expected the results :slight_smile:

wish i have duskrider in main

14625559_1870783546483072_287781015_o_zp

Woah, that looks awesome!

I just got Darkslither which is awesome although I would’ve preferred Penguini :)

On my way there I got two Tiamad’s but I already got that one on my main account so yeah :confused:

Darkslither is great! I took him over Penguini actually.

Well, since I only just got the first legendary on my 2nd account recently and that was merely Celestrion, I decided to try out how it would be to reroll with a legendary. 

Took a long time 'til I got my first, which was Tiamad. Considered using him but I had Omegasdragon on my primary acc and wasn’t liking him much. With only a 160s Poison Eater that wouldn’t really speed up much either.

Thus I kept going and after yet another very long duration I got…Tiamad again. :expressionless: This time I actually decided to progress a bit so I can the restore code in case I’d end up with nothing else.

Well, and then low and behold, an hour or so later I actually got the god damn Penguini.

One and a half days later of lots of playing I’ve just finished the SC on Extreme, am level 26, reached level 70 on the soon expiring UC, most of the offline campaign is done (maybe like 7-8 quests left or so) and I’ve saved up 56 gems (spend one on tickets after I screwed up the 25 ticket power up level thingy that expired this morning by accidentally life flipping my Penguini instead of last biting x.x)

To conclude: Penguini, and of course Dragaia for that matter, are just ridiculous in regards to powerleveling through the content.

From a game design standpoint that’s actually kinda bad. The most efficient way to play a game should also be the most fun. Even when monster RNG and the like is involved, you still want a good baseline. Here though, the one thing you’d 100% recommend to any new player who might be interested in playing efficient and more so, not feeling like he lost out on a good opportunity later down the line, is to recommend rerolling until you get either of the Last Biter. That in itself is of course ridiculously obnoxious. It took a day to get that thing (using my smartphone on the side while on the PC and stuff) and i was lucky enough that my 3rd legendary was Penguini. And well, once you got him, the gameplay experience will have a substantially worse difficulty course and you needn’t catch as many monsters, experiment with lineups and strategies and so on. In short, you take away from what’s the good, fun part of the game.

Overall, this isn’t a huge issue with the game, in particular because a very low percentage of the player base, especially new players, will even know any of this and can be bothered by it. Still, it might be recommended to do something about at some point. Since this game isn’t bound to the google account for now and rerolling can’t be prevented, maybe it’s better to limit the first egg role to just epic and SE. Actually, how about just epics and then the second egg people get is guaranteed to be a SE. Afterwards, it’ll be the normal random stuff. That way players start out evenly in the beginning and by getting a guaranteed SE they’ll have this rewarding feeling one wants to provide. There’d still be a lot of refinement left to do and it doesn’t completely solve the issue (some SE are better than others after all, though those disparities won’t even come close to the difference a Last Biter has) but might be an idea to take into consideration.

There’s a certain appeal about having ‘true RNG’ from the beginning and the chance that even the first monster you get without even really doing much of anything is a powerful legendary, but, the other side of the coin is frustration and issues with game design. In a scenario where two friends find out about this game and start playing simultaneously and one of them starts with an epic, the other with a legendary (no rerolls because the average user has no clue about any such things anyways), wouldn’t it kinda suck for the person with the comparatively ‘lame’ epic to see his friend not only get a cool legendary but also progress through the content, right from the get go? Though, maybe he also just thinks “hot damn, I want a legendary, too” and spends a 100 bucks and the developer is grinning to his ears. However, if that stuff can come ~30mins later in the game that should still be fine. I think from a fun and fair game design perspective it would be better if those two players both started out with a (likely) different epic and see that there’s a lot of different strategies offered via the variety of different monster skill sets, rather than just pure power. For that matter it would be important to eventually go back and attempt to make the fairly repetitive (for each type basically) epics and super epics a tad more unique, but that’s another matter.

Exactly, i started with a epic like 9 months ago and completed the game with almost no loosing (it did cost some months and i got a legend like 1/2 of the story) the game is relatively easy, with the gems the game gives is enogh to get a good team. Also this game is like 3 times easyier than before, you have 9 free epics, ultra evolve starters, rare gems, chronox. (Before you couldnt get 3 starters nd yes that is a great advantage).

I also have to say that i am in no way lucky, 9 months playing and spending like 60-70 dollars for just 6 legends (2 from rare gems), still last pvp i was in the top rankings and i beat some NMA’s.

Just a question, what’s a NMA?

A clan with the best members of the game

Ah, thanks.

I think I may have encountered a bug with Darkslither with the move Bloodthirst, when I kill someone with this move bloodthirst doesn’t “light up” even though the conditions are met.

Is this a bug?

For Bloodthirst to deal critical damage the user must’ve killed 2 or more monsters prior. Doesn’t matter with which ability btw.

Btw bloodthirst is the only “blood” move that still deals relevant damage with no charges (uncharged Shadow does 1400 damage to Chronozar, but note that Chrono is holy and low defense), and can actually still kill something around half health in PvP with just one charge. Two charges pretty much one shots everything.

Bloodthirst with one charge will one shot serazael. Zero charges does half health.

I would rather share an epic from my account now and not a legendary anymore