KD's Version update history

Preface

This is a thread for all those people interested in seeing the history of the updates to the game. I have collected together all the update notes as best I can (some older ones are missing).

Where possible, I’ve copied across exactly what the Devs wrote in the update announcement. However, I have made minor alterations in some cases (mainly to the formatting for consistency). In many cases I’ve had to piece together information from posts I’ve found on the forum so there may be bits missing. Where anything is not 100% certain I’ve written “I think”, plus most things in brackets are additions I’ve made to better explain what’s written.

It’s worth noting that some things are not included in the official update notes. I’ve included a few extra bits I felt were interesting to add to the relevant updates.

The version notes (2015 & 2016)

Version 1.2.3 (December 2015)
  • New AI mode
  • New live mission type added
  • Network connection related bug fixes
  • Other minor bug fixes
  • Also there is an backup option added:
    Online/community/generate transfer code

Version ??? (April 2016)

(Abbreviated)
We have 2 big things, Android version and PvP. We are also working on more monsters, new skills etc all the time. PvP is taking a while because we want to make sure we get everything right, make sure disconnect scenarios are handled correctly, and iron out bugs that were annoying in our Hunter Island days

Added a random factor to the entrance speed of monsters, in order to give a better PvP experience with front line combos.

Added the Ultimate Challenge and Count Lector’s Shadow Arena events.

Version ??? (June 2016)
  • Added support for PvP
  • Added new monsters and skills
  • Your Friend Code will now be shown on the main city screen
  • Changes made to your teams will be saved when you leave the Monster Management Screen
  • Removed certain music files and added a system to stream them
  • You can now see your Restore Code even if it has already been used for the year.
  • Fixed various text issues
  • Fixed issue with turn order of monsters at the start of battle
  • Fixed AI behavior for certain monsters
  • Fixed issues with the following skills:
    Reincarnation
    Knockback Next
    Sudden Death

Monster changes

Increased the damage dealt by these skills when their conditions have been met:

• 400sec Mega Bomb
  • Death Roulette
  • Bomb Curse
  • Bloodthirst
  • Dreamhunt

Adjusted balance for Twin Death Sentence and Death Sentence All:

• Changed the duration before it goes off from 400 secs to 320 secs
  • Reduced the seconds cost from 100 secs to 50 secs

Added a cap to the number of times Give Turn can be used:

• Each monster with Give Turn can only use the skill up to 5 times per battle

Skeleghoul, Dreadghoul, Soulstealer:

• Reduced the seconds cost of Sleep All from 200 secs to 130 secs.
  • Added the passive skill Hold Ground (Soulstealer only)

Dolphlare, Dolpheonix:

• Changed Sendback to Protector Killer
  • Reduced the seconds cost of Stun Grenade from 100 secs to 50 secs
  • Added the passive skill Twin Summon Entrance (Dolpheonix only)

Version 1.3.3 / 1.3.4 (July 2016)
  • Max team cost increased by 20 (from 173 to 193).
  • We added 20 new legendaries with good skill sets.
  • We added a new egg type and currency that can hatch it (no epics on this one). We plan to give out this currency through events (though in limited supply).
  • We added a new login bonus system which is way better. We havent debuted this yet but it should come soon.
  • We made it so ingredeints do not count towards the max number of monsters you can have.
  • We made it so you can delete multiple monsters at the same time.
  • We made some improvements to all events, mostly with better matchup.
  • We made a new event type called Draft Event. Details soon, but its pretty much what you might imagine from the name.
  • We meant to fix the Icerider guy but it got missed… so that coming in the update that will follow shortly.
  • We made some balance changes to some lower cost monsters we thought were too cost effective (e.g. hold ground on Rhynobrawl and Puffoxin plus death roulette TU 50 -> 100).
  • We made the egg look different. Visual only change.

Version 1.3.5 (August 2016)
  • Localisation fixes
  • Sleep killer bug fixed (for Frostrider)

Version 1.3.6 (August 2016)
  • Brand new draft event (Island Challenge). Draft up a couple of monsters, and right against other people’s drafted teams!
  • Rare Gold Egg (40% legendary)
  • Rare Gem new distributions etc.
  • Fixes for some bug created.
  • Revamped daily login - a Legendary monster for everyone!

Version ??? (September 2016)

Team turn

• Can no longer be used if there is a teammate on the field with a team turn skill.

Retribution

• Will no longer be activated by using a move that sacrifices the monster at the back of your team. Now a teammate on the battlefield must die to activate it.

Galliodragon

• Changed stealth into double survivor
  • Changed stunstrike into stun flash

Version 1.4.2 (September 2016)

Fixed login issues with version 1.3.9 and 1.4.1 (all three updates came out in rapid succession).

Version 1.4.4 (November 2016)

Today we released a new build of the game, bringing an increased Hero Level cap as well as a few monster buffs/nerfs that address some of the most crucial balance issues. Today also marks the resurrection of this update thread, which will be updated at least weekly, as well as on any day of breaking news, holiday events, and/or version updates.

New Hero Level cap:
Some of you may have noticed that it is now possible to level your account beyond 100. This is because we have increased it to 150 in order to inject some life into late-game. However, we mistakenly neglected to explain the change in the patch notes, and would like to formally apologize for this mistake. We will be much more open about such crucial changes, moving forward. We would also like to reassure you that we will implement a form of cost-limiting for PVP events so that balance is maintained.

Monster changes

Chronox, Chronozar, Chronozeros

• max speed has been reduced to 22 (down from 67) and max Hp has been increased
  • Faststrike TU cost increased to 160TU, up from 100TU.

Deathgazer

• Fast Forward Entrance is now only usable after 250 seconds have passed since start of the battle.

Valzaguard, Valzareign

• Poison Drain TU cost reduced to 100TU (down from 160TU) and has slightly increased damage and heal rate.

Version 1.4.5 (December 2016)

Today brought another in-game update, which implemented an unprecedented new combat feature (Secret Skills), as well as prepared the game engine for our Holiday plans!

Secret Skills:
The biggest change that we’ve introduced today is the concept of Secret skills. This is an unique ability that you will find on some Legendary monsters, which can be unlocked once it reaches its final stage of evolution. To test the waters with such a big update, we cautiously selected Apollorexus, Taloknight, and Deodragon as our initial candidates. We on the dev team figure that if these are well enough received by the players, we will feel comfortable gradually implementing Secret skills for classic monsters over time - especially if the community makes a strong enough case for them. This is not to suggest that we will use this feature to replace true balance updates, many of which will be addressed in the coming updates. We are still listening closely to the communities suggestions, and we’re excited to make good on our promises following the holiday chaos.

4 Likes