Kamishogun and Rexotyrant (here we go again)

Can we please get a buff for these two? I never see them in PvP, and even the PvE CPU hardly use these two with all their generated teams. They are benchwarmers, and it’s honestly sad. Their Swift attacks are cool, but they are usually too slow to make use of them. So let’s buff em!

Obvious is obvious, buff Sudden Death to LINK Deathstroke. This puts emphasis on what they do but also requires synergistic team building. Both good things.

2nd thought is buff their SS, so Swift Times Up/Dual Chrono Killer and Swift Double Sleepkiller/Double Sleep Killer.

3rd thing could be to buff their speed and hopefully they get a kill from their normal SS with a base 80 speed maybe 85?

4th thing could be create a new skill altogether by replacing Sudden Death with Deathly Charge(100TU the target hit by this attack dies after 100 seconds even if the user is not on the field). This makes it slightly stronger than Death Sentance by staying even if the monster dies and gives them a reliable kill

6 Likes

Kamishogun’s about to become very useful. Would quite like to see a buff on Rexo for sure. Kami could probably use one too

3 Likes

They should give kami sleep and stun immune then maybe change its ss to link double ritribution this brings him back

I really feel like just a speed change even would help them out alot. Maybe add a passive to Rexo, “Tyrants Rebirth - Passive - If this monster is killed by it’s own attack, it is revived at 10% less than its HP while it was on the field.”

2 Likes

Please definitely not a speed buff, they’ll be very annoying to face in PvE coming in quickly and using sudden death!

Also, this “deathly charge” idea is OP. It’s already a skill on Voodoom and it’s +2 cost, balanced also by the fact Voodoom is 33% speed. Compare it also to deathmark which is 200TU and requires the user to still be on the field. Kamishogun and Rexotyrant don’t need this kind of buff.

Both are quite solid monsters that people could use. They’re just not as strong as others, don’t really offer much in the way of synergy and since they’re simply sweepers they can easily be outclassed by other sweepers.

Rexotyrant is the only one worthy of a buff I think and on that they could change:
sudden death -> chrono killer
SS -> swift demon’s glare (70TU) [sudden death but doesn’t hit the user]

Kamishogun is great at countering sleep plus has incredibly high damage on its timestrike so it’s pretty easy to charge bloodfury. It doesn’t need a buff, but to keep in line with the change to Rexotyrant I would say:
sudden death -> sleep killer
SS -> swift bloodbite (70TU)

5 Likes

I agree with sleep immunity but Death wish as ss is fine

Rexo is a T-Rex and should have cannibalize

Kami is a Samurai and should have backstab

Ways to charge bloodfury easily while at the same time matching their artwork. You’re welcome @Dev_VKC

9 Likes

Bro, Backstab is totally against Bushido. That wouldn’t match his design at all. Reported for hate speech, @Killerdog arrest him.

Jokes aside, he should have some sort of Power Slash move. With the crazy high attack he can have, that would be a powerful enough buff.

1 Like

Real talk @Dev_VKC it would be great if monster movesets matched their artwork a little better.

For example there are a lot of poison monsters whose artwork doesn’t necessarily reflect that they would be poisonous.

This is more prevalent with Older Legendaries who were around at the beginning of Neo, as well as Epic and Super Epic monsters.

1 Like

What if Kamishogun had:
Ultrablaze (All) (250 TU)
Sleep Killer (70 TU)
Timestrike (100 TU)
Bloodfury (130 TU)

SS: Swift Power Slash (70 TU)

Sleep Immunity, Fighting Spirit

While Rexotyrant had:

Piercing Blow (160 TU)
Chrono Killer (70 TU)
Timestrike (100 TU)
Bloodfury (130 TU)

SS: LINK Deathstroke (50 TU)

Poison Immunity

1 Like

Well this is totally broken by sleep immunity, same as if it had link deathstroke. Put it with OoO and you have a monster that can kill something really easily then sweep with bloodfury. Kamishogun doesn’t really need any buffs, it’s fine how it is now.

1 Like

6bLZ9EQ

Lol you aren’t being attacked KD just is respectfully expressing his opinion.

Sorry if I came across strongly there, but as Squinty said it’s just my opinion. I’m writing it how I see it. I prefer to be more practical and to the point. Powerful unconditional sweeping + sleep immunity is a big no-go for me, especially on a standard egg pool legendary

3 Likes

Nooooo don’t worry, it’s just a meme! Don’t apologize, now I feel bad ):

You’re right, it’d be too op: I initially compared it to Bunkerbeast, but I realized Kamishogun can get a kill in 70 sec, while Bunkerbeast needs 130 (and even then it’s not guaranteed, because Sanctistag is not uncommon)

There is a fun fact, the first year of neomon, we actually made the skillsets first, then when we received artwork, we applied the skill to the art we think the fittest. But we change that since then. Don’t ask me why we did that in the first place :slightly_smiling_face:

Regarding those 2 monsters, we think they are good for now. There are other monsters we want to take a look first. We will revisit them after that.

Thank you for understanding.

6 Likes

Lionheart is trash. Only good in PvE because of a bug.

1 Like

Well the devs actually knew about the bug already (that was my fault lmao), but they only chose to fix it with twiggy

Just change Sudden Death with something useful, same with the succubus girl.

2 Likes

I hear you, I still feel like Sudden Death is just a bad RNG move in general. 7 times out of 10 it kills itself with this move. Perhaps when you do decide to revisit these two, Rexotyrant could get something like Finishing Snap and maybe Kamishogun could get True Hit to give them each a better option to get in. These changes would not make either S tier for PvE or PvP, but it would at least let them see some play in teams for both formats because as of right now outside of CPU generated teams, I never see either of these two being played.