How Did You Get Your Username?

Yet another reincarnation of a topic from the old forum. Here goes:

I love the idea of usernames. They are a secondary identity, a single phrase that tells the story of who we are. Or they are random garbage. Who knows? I want to. So, how did you get your username? Where else do you use it? Is there any other trivia about it?

To start, my original forum name was just ‘Arctic.’ I had gotten this from a book I was writing as a side-project/hobby. Then, after a little thought, I added TheHunter to my name to set it apart, and as a nod to HI. My ‘real’ name, The Ancient Hunter, is yet another nod to HI. Hunter, since I am a hunter, and if I said Grand Master(my Hunter Rank), even fewer people would get it. Ancient is a reference to the fact that HI predates Neo both irl and in canon. I feel like HI really is ancient, despite it only being a few years old. Few people outside the forum even know it even existed, and few people in the forum know much about it.

2 Likes

‘Cheema’ is my surname. In my early years, I changed my school once, where in my class another boy had the same first name as me so everybody started calling me ‘Cheema’. As time passed, I became popular in my city due to some reasons and everybody started calling me Cheema Bai ji (Elder brother) more then half of them not even knowing my first name. So I include it everywhere and my username for all video games I ever played is xCHEEMAx.

2 Likes

Thanks to @squinty1880 lol

9 Likes

I called myself “unknown” before. Because I don’t know what to name this Id

1 Like

Banana+ Potatoe
and also i discovered it’s the name of a mafia family around where I live
DMG is my clans name

6 Likes

accidents

7 Likes

I’m out of likes today but that is really funny

2 Likes

Anywho, my name comes from the topic I was studying in physics when I joined the community. It was the waves, specifically wave interference and diffraction. Interference sounded stupid and diffraction sounded more stupid so I chose Interference

4 Likes

Cool science, though. I love physics

2 Likes

Using my name it means my arch-nemesis is Patata

2 Likes

find a thing you like and distort it so you can make a name like if u like if u like anime u can call urself cartoontibbies

2 Likes

LemonSqueezy because the matches are Easy Peasy :sweat_smile::grimacing:

7 Likes

…Hmmmmmmmmmm…

3 Likes

…ArcticTheHunter…

My username was originally RandomPerson35, which I created when I was pretty young. I made my ign duck as a joke when I downloaded LINE and joined the clan called RISE. I asked in the clan chat if anyone knew who I was and a few knew because they sent me the invite.

@NMEGaryOak didn’t realize I was messing around and thought I was actually an older player he knew back from 2016. I used to lurk on the forum during that time so even though my account was created in 2019, I remembered some random crap from three years ago. I changed my LINE username to NME duck to see what Gary would do (NME was an old, dead clan from the beginning of the game) and I actually had him convinced I was someone he knew that was messing with him for a few days. He’d ask me who I was and I’d tell him the truth that I was RandomPerson35 but he didn’t believe me bc he’s dumb.

5 Likes

IMG_20201022_165509-01

4 Likes

Understandable have a great day

3 Likes