Heartburst

So only being able to kill teammates who are 5* or higher or monsters given by the opponent, has a separate set of rules to backbite.

Is sad I can give 19384839294939294893 likes to this post

Carmilla is one of the most oppressive monsters in the game right now. That is a fact. She was in the top 10 frontliners used by top rankers and they tend to use the most oppressive monsters because they are the best at getting wins.

I know what it feels like to own a meta monster that gets nerfed. I got Scorpiogeist when it was at the top of its powers and oh boy it was fun to use… But not fun to face. I felt salty about that nerf because for once I had access to a top monster but ultimately it was a good thing for the game. And so will be the eventual Carmilla nerf.

Wrong. I remember Loki talking about her like a year ago.

and she also just happened to have a banner just before it…

also last season was a limited monster count so carmilla would stand out more as there will be less monsters to counter her since players were filling their teams with more quick kill and sweep options.

Those points are not convincing at all. The banner had nothing to do with it (her strength) because Carmilla was already a strong monster before the banner but less people had access to her. Some users who had her awakened beforehand already knew about her strength and put it to use, then other players joined in due to the banner. A bit like people getting enough tickets from the shop to buy Poseidon + Myst.

Also the monster number won’t matter because there’s not many reasons to leave her out of a PvP team. She’s got an amazing moveset, self-sustaining, two very useful passives.

Can be spammed at fl bcz true hits won’t work :pensive: .
True hit damage needs a massive buff imo.

there will be carmilla nerf for sure, but you forget your comparing a legendary to a mythic… The nerf will be way less magnitude than the scorp nerf. As far as im concerned the devs probably give her the cytnhia treatment, make the 50tu move to 60tu :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t know what all the fuss about Carmilla is, just knock her back :man_shrugging:

:joy:

Well the main issue with Cynthia was the combo with Nefariodon. Nefariodon is a much more reasonable monster to use now and also as a result Cynthia has been less popular. So I’d call that a success.

Carmilla can be oppressive without any combos so I hope they tune her down a bit more.

Let’s see if they are gonna do a quick turnaround (if even they will nerf anything) same as with Bastia when whales threatened to stop spending :joy:

Carmilla is fine, dies to Payback killer and piercing skills from mythics. You can knock back her. She isn’t immune to anything. She takes a massive 50tu to heal herself. Has only one guaranteed kill move. She only has 1000% def boost. Death revenge is so bad that enemy hesitate to kill her.
Overall she’s a bad mythic that deserves to be F tier.

5 Likes

So can cynthia, in fact, she is supposed to be a standalone mark monster without any build

@Unown I agree with u. Cynthia works alone. A low tu sweeper. Other skills are also useful. She is immune to Killer skills. She also acts as a countermeasure against OoO. Plus, she’s rather tanky. I think she’s basically a powerful monster that can be active in FL.

1 Like

That’s why Cynthia also was nerfed (a little bit). At least she doesn’t have a defense boost that makes her impossible to kill on the first attempt (except with Payback Killer)

It definitely is! If you choose to run mark monsters with her then you disable her best move, a move which makes sure most monsters that enter later on wont even have a chance to kill her… not even dreamy entrances stop her which I found very strong against carmilla. I find it much harder to kill cynthia than carmilla just because you can’t delay it with sleep, it’s 51tu kill after 51tu kill.

1 Like

Forgot about the restriction on Quick Draw. Wasn’t that something they added to her after release? Anyway despite the low TU move, she doesn’t quite have the degree of sustain Carmilla has.

1 Like

It always had that restriction. Yes, Carmilla is way tankier than Cynthia, but quick sweeping is much better imo. A lot of the time when I had to use heart burst carmilla died because of the high tu. Sometimes also after dual confident strike. The best strat i found was just to blood drain and the enemy keeps targeting her (for some reason) and forgetting there are other monsters that also exist on the field. When bloodbite is charged then it becomes really difficult to kill, but sleep still stops her (alongside with stun but stun stops cynthia too).

What I am saying is they’re both amazing monsters that are way too powerful. I just happen to think cynthia is better :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Going back to the original thread title,
In conclusion, I don’t think Heartburst is surprisingly strong. It’s powerful, of course, but it also has limitations. As any top PvP ranker will know, depending on the situation, a low tu skill such as Don Rilla may be better, or Meave’s Nullifying Strike may be better.
I would like to Nerf only when it is very difficult to take countermeasures. For example, Charge FL’s Nerf has a limit of 50tu. I think it’s good because the SPD is high and the only way to completely disable it is a limited method like Kanna (Secret Seal).

1 Like

Still in F tier even when I make like 8 tops 20, about 4 top 50 and 1 top 10 with her in the team being an “F” myth