Dolphin bond bugged?

I had a pvp match a few minutes ago and my enemy had dolphfreeze on field. I was wondering that dolphin bond was shown on him. So I attacked him with scorpios double poison eater and I only did ~1500dmg on dolph and after my stunner came in dolph was not stunned. The thing is dolphonix or a second dolphfreeze was not on field and not even in his team.

Anybody noticed the same?

Did you have a dolphin on your side of the field?

I think it is bugged though. Even though Dolphreeze doesn’t have a stun move I’m getting the electric charge animation for my stun killer on him. I think it only happens with the bond.

I had dolpfreeze in my team but he was dead already.

The stun killer flash is from pre change, it used to have dolphin tsunami as ss and they forgot to remove the flash

The passive works if there are two dolphins on the field, whether or not they are on the same side of the field.

The weakness to stun killer is a bug that has been addressed in the game’s “issues”.

@Killerdog After more pvp matches I had a few times the situation that my dolphfreeze and opponents dolphfreeze were on field and dolphin bond was not active. Regarding my first post it must be caused by another problem / bug / whatever.

I thought you needed both fire and water dolphins. Not two water ones.

I was a litte bit confused after Killerdogs post but the tooltip is clear “when an allied dolphfreeze or dolphoenix is on the field…”

So there is still the fact that dolphin bond worked for my opponent and no other dolph was on the field.

Another problem is that one of the two fish is dead, the other dolphin is still not stun. I have to stun another monster

namely, I have destroyed the fire dolphins, their yard has Gyosamurai, Glarion, the Shiled Frogs and the Water Dolphins. I can’t stun water dolphins. Remember that only the glarion has a stun conversat

I can agree. Additional I can say that it seems that dmg stays high. Dolphoenix did over 13k dmg to protector after dolphfreeze died.

I’m certain it works with two water dolphins. I only have Dolphreeze and whenever I meet another Dolphreeze in PvP they were both getting the boost.

@fpech How can you be certain dolphin bond was/wasn’t active in your different scenarios? What were you basing it on?

1 Like

@Killerdog Because after my first experience (my first post in this topic where I am 100% sure no other dolphin was on field) I am focused like a tiger whenever I saw an opponent dolph and I saw strange things outside the requirements of dolphin bond. I never had the situation that opponent had 2 water dolphins so I don´t know but I agree with you this should work.

And I can agree with VNchao, I also had the situation where one of the dolphins died and Dbond was still active (in my case attack&defense stays +200%).

1 Like

I had a similar experience in which I was able to send the Dolpheonix to the back of the enemy team and the Dolphreeze was still buffed and stun immune. Very strange.

1 Like

Hmm, I’ll keep that in mind when cloning dolphins.

@fpech @DMG_LUCKDRAGON Sorry I’m pestering for specifics but what exactly made you sure dolphin bond was still active? The reason I ask is because the passive always displays on the monsters regardless of if it is active. The only way you can tell is if you try to stun them or you notice the damage dealt by/to them is drastically different to what is expected.

Repulsed Dolphoenix with Nulltron and proceeded to attempt Stun Pulse with Galvbane. Dolphreeze was protected from Stun Effects at said time. Still the same battle a turn or so later I used Willowyrm Stun Flash and Dolphreeze’s seconds did not increase at all.

2 Likes

@Killerdog As I said in my opening post Dolphfreeze got only ~1,5k dmg from poison eater and was not stunned and in another post I said dolphoenix did over 13k dmg to protector Houdinoid and got under 2k dmg from Floccu’s dual slayerbane. In both situations no other dolph was on the field anymore (killed or knocked back).

Sorry, I didn’t look back to your original post when coming to read this thread. At the time when reading it we weren’t sure if you had a Dolphreeze in your team while attacking this enemy one.

With both you and Katatafish reporting this it does seem buggy. I wonder if it is to do with one of the dolphins being repulsed / knocked back, then the dolphin bond passive doesn’t switch off properly. @Dev_BRD

@Killerdog Don‘t forget VNchaohunter otherwise he feels marginalized. :wink: