Feedback thread for "Killerdog's guides"

But how can I continue to call myself a free player if I get gifted gems? I’ll be getting more gems than normally available :frowning:

2 Likes

No. You deserve 300 gems for this. Actually you deserve more gems than that. But 300 seems like a realistic number.

@Dev_VKC @Dev_BRD PAY THE MAN

imageproxy

2 Likes

Just finished and released the guide! I hope you all like it. I threw in some extra bits of information and used it as a place to explain how potions should be used on the starters and Chronox. If you think there’s anything important which should be added then let me know!

You can find the guide by clicking this useful link here

I realised while writing this that I don’t have the exact values for 60TU skills being reduced by potions. I am pretty sure someone with Geomagnus told me a while ago but I have no idea where to look for that. If someone could tell me what happens in +6-9 I would be very grateful! I could estimate but might get one of the numbers wrong.

Next is slowly working through the legendaries reviewed guide. I’ve had a number of you show an interest in helping me out with it. Thanks very much for the eagerness to help but for now I’d like to get it done myself then I’ll be open to making alterations/additions based on what people say and am keen on the idea of people writing their own reviews which I’ll add at the bottom in a section called “community reviews”. There will be a link from my review down to yours and you’ll get full credit for what you’ve written. Having an alternate perspective on some of the monsters would be really good.

Good job on the potions guide… All your guides are very well organised and neatly arranged … learnt a lot…also learnt a new word - sped ! Dint know it even existed lol

You made me think I misspelled speed one time, I just went to check! I can’t say that was the purpose of the guide but I’ll celebrate all the successes :wink:

1 Like

I’m currently trying to improve my Showdown Tower map as I go through the event… filling in gaps, correcting door mappings and adding trainer names as I find out the information. Floor 7+ I believe are 100% accurate, but the earlier floors I skipped over a bit last time to save myself the tickets for the testing on the later floors.

If anyone spots anything that is wrong please do let me know, either in a PM or here. Otherwise, hope you find the guide useful for tracking down / avoiding those trainers!

1 Like

Thanks for the guides KD

So far the map has been 100% accurate for me! Thank you very much

3 Likes

Hey kd, can you post the monsters list of trainers in floor 11 and 12 if you have… it would save a lot of frustration when losing to battle 12 lol :joy::neutral_face:

That’s something I sadly don’t want to list. They change the battles roughly every other time the event comes out so I’d have to constantly keep on top of it. However, I will add a little section roughly detailing what the trainer teams are built around with the note how it may not be up to date.

I also added another column to the map called “optimum path” which more clearly identifies which trainers to fight and which to skip, assuming you want to get the consolation prizes with the minimum number of trainer battles.

1 Like

As requested, I added an extra little section to the Showdown Tower map which briefly details what the trainers’ teams are like. I’ll add a little more detail next time this event comes out (I can’t recall their teams perfectly right now).

I have done a small make-over of the Egg drop rates analysis (with tips) thread to make it slightly easier to read. I added another section at the start which gives tips for when you should be spending on your gems. This is basically an extract from what I wrote to Professor_Oak in PM (thanks for inspiring me to write it).

1 Like

Thanks a lot KD :grinning::grinning::blush:

@Killerdog your showdown tower guide is amazing!!! Thank you so much! Also GG for our match just then

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: Haha it should be me saying GG because you won. First match of ranked PvP for me and I’m using my assisted shadow team. You have two camouflage monsters in the front line lol not what I wanted to see!

Lol I saw your name and thought ah Jesus. I think I was just lucky to be in a position to kill your Malwing and BB before they could do anything. When I saw them I thought you might come back. I’m so jealous of your frontline! So many good monsters. I also love the fact your frontline is different to the usual BB and protectors, Cannibalise and poison etc

Well that was a team I was testing out so it was a little more unusual than most. I hate using protectors (the classic SE stun absorbers anyway) so you won’t see me using that and I don’t have many poison monsters (only legendaries are Oakthulu, Terrordragon and Tridrakhan). I’m glad it makes you happy though!

Special thanks to killerdog’s awesome guide on Show down tower.With your map and optimum path, I was able to get to floor 12 with most consolation prizes and very few legendaries :blush::smiley::yum::blush::blush:
I couldn’t thank you enough since it’s really helpful for clanless new players !!!

Hope devs appreciate your efforts !!

omg at first i read : awesome guide on STD
i was like wtfff :joy: :joy:

He came to me looking for SDT but he didn’t know I’m dyslexic so he came away with more than he bargained for. At least he got some consolation for it.

1 Like

Hahahaha, nope because of the guide KD did, devs will most likely change the order of trainers next SDT, hahahaha, oh well time for some mapping again. :joy::joy::joy: