Doing the impossible ("Documenting" the 292->300 journey)

I really don’t mean to burst bubbles because this is an impressive achievement in itself, so first of all congratulations to @Unown for his effort to grind and reach his target.

However I am a bit disappointed about how others took the thing.

Neo Monsters is a matter of priorities, and Unown has prioritized HR 300 over other things.

I see people screaming “give him an icon or give him some exclusive monsters”, I’ve been literally asking for years for an icon for my monsterdex achievements, I am currently (and probably the only one), in possession for the whole mythic roster (88 mythic, 87 awoken), and seeing the community fighting for this HR thing over a complete monsterdex is outrageous.

1 Like

3 Likes

Yeah, I posted it about 10 minutes after it happened I think.

Sheesh, jealous one aren’t you!

The community didn’t disagree with there being icons for larger numbers of monsters collected. I can’t remember what was said, but I think everyone would like to have some.

2 Likes

Jealousy is not my thing fortunately and unfortunately.

Surely was not said “I’ll pester VKC for an icon”.
I am totally in agreement for an icon for 300 HR btw as I am in agreement for new monsterdex achievements icons.

1 Like

To be honest, when I say “pester” I actually mean “I’ll politely ask if he will consider it”. It’s definitely not like your pestering on the forum of “I’ve reached X monsters, where is my icon”.

I just went and edited my message to him to also ask for more monster collection icons

1 Like

lol

3 Likes

That’s nice of you!

We are a community and we all should be united in those things.

I remember very well when I published for the first time my entire collection of legendaries here in the forum, people said same things “give him an icon” “give him some exclusive stuff”, did that ever happen? No.

I wish that’s about time they (DEVS) start recognising when people put a certain amount of effort in things.

Only 11 quotes?

Cm’on man you can do better.

hahaha just now I came to post the same thing here for Unown :joy::joy:, KD you have stolen my informant position

He must be like: who ask u? Lmfao

lol x2

It’s actually very funny that DonT is crying cause he paid for his monsters but he’s not getting anything for it while Unown just played like a beast for make this , so I hope ppl can see the big difference here

Unown>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DonT

1 Like

You made a sneaky appearance in my screenshot. You have your little bit of fame there :wink:

This basically contradicts what you said originally with how it’s outrageous that people would support an icon for this over an icon for you. To be honest, you’ve been incredibly annoying with the amount you’ve pushed for icons for yourself. Lay off it man and don’t begrudge the Devs for not putting the effort/money into something that you’ll probably only use to show off for a few months before you’re asking for the next icon.

2 Likes

ha, ha, yes ! :thinking: And if I told you that I’m a celebrity who plays Neo and just by talking to me you could win millions in real life. Henry Cavill plays World of Warcraft. Think about it :wink:

Why for myself? If people can reach the achievement they will have the same icon.

Btw I am not going to respond any further in this thread as is a constant attack to how annoying I am.

I renew the congratulations for the remarkable achievement of Unown.

You came in saying you were disappointed in the community and what they were doing here was outrageous… you’re definitely not the victim here.

Sorry for saying you’re being annoying. It’s not meant as anything personal or against you in general. It’s simply about how you’re being with this monster collection icon: making many posts, threads and tagging the Devs over the course of months and usually in a pretty rude way. I felt something had to be said, that’s all. To claim it’s anything other than to celebrate your own personal achievements is ridiculous too, that’s clearly the main driver. It’s a valid request, just express it better and more appropriately.

1 Like

can we get some jerbo icons cus reasons? c:

I didn’t reply to this because I didn’t see anything about the icon argument connected to me. I simply made this post to celebrate the achievement I thought was impossible and did not even think about the HR300 icon until someone mentioned it. The only thing I thought was how happy i was to be first to 300 despite Hen being way way ahead of me when i started the grind. (I was off the game well over a year)

The only reason I was able to do it because the devs introduced the super epic bond with worthwhile reward at lvl 80, while also being self sustainable, meaning I didn’t have to spend a lot of gems to achieve this. That drove me to go for it because the 500k exp a day felt amazing.

Thank you for the congratulation tho and the self control to not get this argument go to the point of locking this thread.

8 Likes

Wow. I just saw this thread.
Really amazing what you did @Unown . Congratulations.

@DonT89 come on man, that seems so f. jealous :joy::joy:. I do agree there should be an icon for the largest monster collection though.

2 Likes

why tainted this amazing thread with selfless act?
this thread also teach us something useful tho…

congrats @Unown

4 Likes

Id like there to be an icon for collecting all the monsters in the game outside of eggs, eg, island monsters. This is a worthwhile dig and would be more worthwhile with a reward at the end of it along with incentive to revisit the islands outside of completing the main story. An additional note I’d like to see is more monsters like Kattmander and the Moji legendaries that require specific island monsters in order to ultra evolve. Would make the experience of “hunting” these ingredients better than just the general grinding or waiting for ingrediants during specific online missions.

As another sidenote, it would be interesting to have when you hatch a specific legendary or mythic to have specific monsters related to it (obviously SE or below) to start having a chance to spawn on certain islands.

Example: you hatch FD Maeve but have no FDs of your own. Wouldn’t it be interesting then if some or all of the FDs would appear in the islands in the wild for you to catch to complement your Maeve? They would only be catchable once obviously as to not exploit free monster Bonuses, but it would make it more interesting and give more incentive to play and collect the set that works well with your monsters?

Another addition to the above would be if you hatch for instance a Legendary or Mythic with a Union Attack that it would increase the chances of encountering certain Epic or SE monsters of the correlating Union type in the islands? Could be a great quality of life improvement for the game and add some actual monster hunting to it rather than just rolling the dice on eggs all the time.

@Dev_VKC @Killerdog thoughts?

6 Likes

@Unown congratulations to you me too when I want I can level up extremely quickly, but you what you did is just monstrous xd. now can you give me your friend code :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like