Clan vs Clan “Armageddon” Tournament 💥

Ladies and Gentlemen I am excited to announce the Clan vs Clan “Armageddon” tournament

The aims of this tournament

• To be inclusive, keeping as many players involved for as long as possible.
  • To bring together players of opposing clans and keep the community interaction positive.
  • To have a damn good time.

Clans are invited to participate by putting forward 6 of their players to enter. Those 6 players will be separated into groups, where they will be placed with one member from each other competing clan. That’s 6 groups total as each clan are putting forward 6 players. The strongest player from each clan will be seeded into the same group group. The rest will be randomised.

Once the tournament begins, each weekend you will play one member from an opposing clan 3 times in your respective group. All fixtures will be announced at a later date before the tournament starts.

Points and Winnings

All points you earn are put towards the grand total for your clan.

• You will receive 3 points for each battle you win.

• Winning all 3 battles against your opponent wins the full 9 points, plus an additional bonus point.

• You receive 1 point if you draw and 0 for a loss.

• At the end of the tournament the players in 1st and 2nd place on their group receive an additional point for their clan. This will be doubled to two points for the seeded group only, consisting of the top player in each clan.

• The clan with the biggest grand total of points at the end of the tournament will be declared the winners.

Each of the 6 players who entered on behalf of this clan will receive 8 gems. The runner up clan will receive 5 gems in the same fashion.

Rules

The 3 matches will always be played under the following rules in the following order:

Battle 1

Your team must not exceed 173 cost.
All Secret skills must be on and cannot be turned off.
The following monsters are banned from this match only:

Any monster with a COST ranging between 0-4
Canishogun

Battle 2

You can only use two elements in your team. Each week, a particular element will also be banned. This will be determined by the order they appear on the filter and search function of the game.

Week 1 - Earth
Week 2 - Fire
Week 3 - Air
Week 4 - Water
Week 5 - Holy and Dark

Battle 3

No special rules apply.

————————————

Any monster within the rules who summons another monster who would otherwise be banned whether it be by element or cost, is allowed. Such as dolphreeze, Motor Dragon, Aurodragon and Atrahasis.

For example Diamonoid would be banned from Battle 1 due to being 2 cost, but if it gets summoned by dolphreeze who isn’t banned, that’s ok.

Example 2: In battle 2 you’re using holy and Dark. Your Atrahasis might a revive an enemy’s searguard who is fire, that’s ok.

Infringing on these rules will cost your clan 2 points. A second occasion may subject you to a tournament ban, forfeiting all points.

Substitutions

A clan may substitute a different clan member to play all 3 matches on their behalf against an opponent. The substitutes must use their own account and must play all 3 matches. No prior warning is necessary to the opposing player. Each clan has a maximum of 4 substitutions that they can use throughout the whole tournament. A substitute cannot be one of the clan members already entered into the tournament as one of the starting 6 players.

Communication

Remember that you are responsible for organising the time of your own matches. A no show results in the opponent being awarded the full 10 points and you will also lose 2 points for your clan.

The Line App will be the primary method of communication for the fixtures. It is strongly advised that you set up a group with your group, as per one of the aims. If one person in your group does not use Line, use the forum to liaise with them directly.

The council

In order to make the rules fair and accessible for all, I set up a council of players who all contributed in some way and green lighted the tournament rules and regulations. One member for each active clan that I’m aware of. When you complete a match, inform the council member from your clan and they will forward it to me to collate. If a clan enters who does not have a member on the council, please put one forward. Any tournament disputes will be reviewed by the council and you can go to them for questions too. They are:

ONE Lemon Squeezy :lemon:
RISE Squinty
TNC Magic
KLF Anna
LDN Raghnius
DLGZ Xixi

As I said, any clan can enter.

If all clans agree on that they can put forward more than 6 players; then we will do so, however if one clan can not afford a 7th player, it will remain at 6 players for all clans.

• Tournament start date: 18/01/20
  • Player registration deadline: 20/12/19

Also credit to Sherlock, who’s previous rules provided some inspiration for battle 2.

Dev VKC requested that battles are recorded and shared on here. As well as team screenshots.

This will be a recurring tournament if it proves successful. Each week I will update the scores.

Good luck to everyone who enters. This is going to be big.

Groups and Fixtures

Week 1 (18th Jan - 21st Jan)

RISE - ONE
KLF - TNC
LDN - break

Week 2 (25th Jan - 28th Jan)

KLF - RISE
LDN - ONE
TNC break

Week 3 (1st Feb - 4th Feb)

KLF - LDN
RISE - TNC
ONE break

Week 4 (8th Feb - 11th Feb)

KLF break
ONE - TNC
LDN - RISE

Week 5 (15th Feb - 18th Feb)

ONE - KLF
RISE break
LDN - TNC

Make sure all battles are done by the end of their weekly window. The end time for each week is every Tuesday at 5:59 UTC. E.g. for week 1 going 18th-21st Jan the end time is 5:59 UTC 21st Jan.

Please record battles where possible and put screenshots of the teams you use either here on this thread or sent to @Killerdog via message so they can be put into the Community tournament records thread.

9 Likes

I am sooo excited for this! Thank you Lemon for making this actually happen!!!

3 Likes

Question. Why do y’all always have to have rules with these battles. Why can’t it be just the best outta 2-3 win or something?

1 Like

Because we want to test people’s team building abilities and see how they adapt.

4 Likes

Y’all realize u also limited what ppl can do.

1 Like

That’s what the third battle is for. Take it or leave it mate.

2 Likes

You don’t have to participate if you don’t want to.

3 Likes

Calm down calm dwn. The rule don’t bother me. I’m just looking out for people that don’t have many monsters.

1 Like

I’m sure people have enough mons to make a 173 cost team. That rule actually balances things for those who don’t have as many so it isn’t a mythic spam fest. The element rule is more restrictive but you can use any 2 you want with the caveat of the weekly banned one. So people have freedom to use which ones they feel best about

2 Likes

Yakuza are you actually in a clan?

2 Likes

He joined KLF

2 Likes

Example of group format if only 4 clans entered.

Group A

LDN
KLF
ONE
TNC

Group B

LDN
KLF
ONE
TNC

Group C

LDN
KLF
ONE
TNC

Group D

LDN
KLF
ONE
TNC

Group E

LDN
KLF
ONE
TNC

Group F

LDN
KLF
ONE
TNC

1 Like

Many of us can’t speak English. I use translation software::rofl:

1 Like

No problem. I will do my best to help. I asked XiXi if there is one English speaker in DLGZ I can communicate with to translate and he said he to speak with him. If there is someone with good English please let me know who

1 Like

If you want to enter. Put forward 6 players and i’ll Help you.

1 Like

The elements rule gone bother ppl. That what i was referred to. But nvm it don’t matter

1 Like

It’s ok :blush: I’m sure the players who are in clans, especially the 6 put forward will have enough monsters to deal with it.

1 Like

Thank you. This is a very good activity. If there is guild function in the future, it will be better,

2 Likes

How does the matching method match. Is it a friend PVP who needs to input the fight code

2 Likes

Yeah. The duel function

1 Like