Can one the Devs explain the criteria behind the restriction lists?

It’s getting really frustrating when a handful of monsters always get included in the restriction lists while others just run freely all the time.
Why does Momo seem to always be included in the 1 monster list while much more problematic monsters like Prixis, Vixenblade and Sakuralisk are not? You have a frontline with the three mentioned monsters plus Mantiferno so Prixis can use instant raw mark at a very high speed and Mantiferno can virtually one shot any monster with pretty much zero drawbacks. I’m just trying to understand what you are trying to achieve with this move because it’s not creating any real variety in PVP since I’ve been seeing the same Prixis, Sakura + disruption frontlines dominating top 10 for ages and nothing gets done about it.

3 Likes

In the past, the marking of Prixis was a completely useless skill. Now some people know that waste is used. I think this is an innovation.

The restriction list is the way it is right now because the devs did a reset to see what the unfiltered meta looks like. Turns out it’s literally just charybdia and some poor ppl not running charybdia. Still, they mostly chose all the popular mythics and legendaries and went down the list in a loose order so this is likely the best we’ll be getting.

Momo is 1st restricted because it was the most common stun counter last season. I don’t think that part in particular is something worth complaining about tbh. You mentioned prixis and vixenblade, which is valid, but them being semi restricted is enough. Chlamydia could very well be more common than both of those two combined even while being in the 1st list lol.

Overall, there’s way more “variety” with endgames after poison, centaureon, and harleking got restricted. I finally got around to running some weird semi camo endgame with persephia and light stun. That’s a lot of fun I wouldn’t be having if poison frontlines were around to completely wreck it.
Early games are kind of a mess because of a certain water mythic but whatever.
I’m not really sure about midgames.

I have a feeling I know which player(s) you’re referring to. It’s not some unbeatable combo or something near impossible to comeback from if you get badly countered (think of a certain water mythic). Mantiferno loses its powerful entrance so you really need to pull off the instant mark + cornered snipe combo or get a good swift kbn target. Frontlines with a protector and +86 speed mon can wall both prixis and mantiferno simultaneously and just killing prixis before its turn temporarily makes mantiferno not a threat.

I just checked and don’t think I saw any sakuralisk users in the top 10. I’d say there was one sakura user max.

-bored duck

Wonder why. Surely not because of her being just released in an anniversary banner. Charypdia is very strong but not better the most semi-restricted units especially not vixenblade.

You’re right that the anniversary is why it’s in every other frontline, but it’s definitely better than vixenblade. Vixenblade is obviously OP but it’s not primarily a frontline mon where a successful early game can guarantee victory right then and there. Also last season all top 3 players used chlamydia and at least two of them could’ve ran vixenblade but chose not to. Switching to a vixenblade team likely would’ve dropped them a few placements imo.

:sob:

how could they when the entire season was infested with a certain water mythic that can do timeseup at a ridiculous speed.

1 Like

But isn’t that meta the same as it’s been for a while? A FL with a bunch of knockback/repulse monsters like Cynthia, Dragulus, Sakura and so on? Charybdia is just adding to that. If Prixis was on the anniversary egg, it would be Prixis against the poor people not running Prixis. It didn’t change massively from what I’m seeing so far, the problem of a lack of more widely available counters to certain strategies is not being addressed. As a result, people with smaller collections get punished. 4 of my 5 awakened mythics are in the first list.
I understand that they might be trying to create a new PVP experience every time, but I still find the choices very weird. Like Carmilla has at least 5 widely available SE monsters that can one shot her, be it in the fl, mid game or end game. Why is she on the first list?
Plume is currently a problem when paired with certain monsters, like Nyx and Unicera as you can’t really hit Nyx 100% with Katt and Unicera will take out Glaciaron before it can move.
I guess what I question more than anything is the lack of counter to strategies that have been used for a long time and the restriction lists are not really addressing it properly and end up making the game much harder for f2p players as you end up with very limited choices for a midgame comeback after getting your FL decimated.