“Ban” limited pvp theme

So, as for now, almost every team i meet have these monsters in them, just differently arranged:

Geo
1-3 shocker(s)
Both leg tt’s
Valza
Tygoron
Malwing
Chrome
Sear
Magmarinus
Bb
Oak
Nereida/abyss
Mammoth
Aegis

And most common first 5: cobra, terror, moroz, lavamane/zib and bane

So by now devs have made the game a 16 Monster game, so I thought we need pvp’s where top 10 most used monsters are banned so we might actually see some different teams. This makes pvp boring as there’s always the same lineups

5 Likes

Yeah ban team Rocket!

5 Likes

We are planning to run some Special PvP events again at some point :thinking:
Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Special Pvp events always fun
I have to say I love the seasonal Pvp, it’s the closest thing to perm Pvp.I can play make teams experiment with no worries on rankings, it’s over a long time as well so I can play at my own pace.

In regards to the same monsters being used in most teams. you will find that in any game we could change the popular legends by banning them but a new set would take its place and everyone would use them. games get past this rut by making tier based or special Pvp where certain legends aren’t allowed in certain events.
Pokémon is one example of this with there smogon tournaments. And is something I suggested ages ago but got a lot of backlash about.

2 Likes

Do another stun immune pvp. That was the best one for special

I have a different idea, one like Magic the Gathering (the card game) does. Limit us to only using legendaries which have come out “recently” (last 12 months or last 18 months). These, plus the original legendaries which are in the standard egg pools and then a selection of legendaries which varies every 2 months.

E.g. Each PvP season will allow:

• Original legendaries
  • New legendaries (first released in the last 12 months)
  • A list of, say, 30 extra legendaries. This list will change every 2 months

This format would allow the Devs to control the meta at any one time, keep PvP fresh without requiring new big impact legendaries so much and a whole host of other things. I’ll be writing this up properly very soon so I can give you a better idea of what I’m envisioning.

So it means I have to use new SEs and re-catch low star monsters along with only 1-2 legends to battle you guys:scream:.

Not quite, all SEs can be used. The restriction would only be on legendaries.

So devs can define how well I do in pvp by banning the sections of my monster pool I rely on. Great.

I would agree if the legends were available to everyone, but they aren’t. If we do something like that then the game will become 100% p2w, in which case I’ll be out of here quick.

Every pvp should be stun immune for all the retards that can’t build a team without shockers

1 Like

This would work for all the ppl with legendaries to splash about. With this style my allowed legends would be: Mojinator, Centaur.

Soo… Why don’t you just make custom pvp tournaments between top 50 players for fun? I don’t need any more restrictions to my teams.

I like the original idea by Unown. Someting like banning the top10 from the previous pvp (most used) or whichever amount you prefer. Seems like an interesting approach to me.

Another stun immune pvp would be great aswell. Doesn’t have to stop there. Could also be a poison immune event, all SEs get a buff by 20%, earth monsters get a buff or their cost cut in half…
Many options that could bring more variance into team building and enhance creativity. Make it happen devs, doesn’t even requiere much effort from your side. Especially think of options that provide “weaker” players (e. g. Without a big pool of legendaries) a chance to shine.
I am running my team with only minor adjustments since 6-7 pvps now. Would love being forced to invent something new :wink:

1 Like

Unfortunately the “most commonly used” monsters are typically the strong ones from the standard pool. It would catch a few of those super powerful monsters which people would like to see not being used sometimes but mostly I think it would harm those who don’t have a pool of great legendaries.

They could simply ban only the limited legendaries which are being used the most but idk it seems weird to me restricting those players who spent money getting the best PvP monsters only to have them specifically targeted for bans every other PvP season.

I only have 1 shocker simply Cus I have a stun team. Another one would be difficult to fit. Maybe link pvp would be more limiting? Ie 1 element