An Open Letter To Killerdog and Zard

@Killerdog and @Zardecil

I am writing this post to formally apologize for any grief I might have given you over the years.

I am looking to turn over a new leaf and would like to be seriously considered for a mod position for this forum, and this begins by mending bridges with you two.

I understand that you might be skeptical, as I would be too if I were in your position. But I am willing to work with you two to help create a bright future of the community.

My hope is that one day, when we are on better terms, that you decide to message @Dev_VKC directly and let him know that you endorse me becoming a mod.

My name is GaryOak and I approve this message.

5 Likes

I mean I do think Gary is taking this seriously now. Trolling is fun at times but he’s over it. I recon the mods just don’t want to share their power. :wink:

3 Likes

There are issues that go a lot deeper than what the forum sees for reasons why me and killerdog don’t want him to be a mod.

1 Like

I’m just going to point out that actions speak louder than words.

Your last actions have been pulling up year old posts that happened ages ago. The saintfeather thread is one you derailed.

After I legit told you I don’t remember your team, you pull up a bunch of year+ old posts that are completely irrelevant to the thread itself, accuse me of some different things(again that happened ages ago), and so on, all to get me riled up/have an argument.

You say a lot of things, but currently your actions have said a lot about what you think of the other mods. They don’t back up what your words say, so I’m forced by you to say no for the good of the forum.

Saying you’ll turn over a new leaf is one thing, actually showing yourself doing so is another.

That and every time you make one of these posts you sound like a politician, you don’t sound genuine at all.

1 Like

Guys no offence but the brother apologised. Just accept his apology and move on. We all adults at end of the day

3 Likes

For the record my birth certificate may indicate I am an adult, but my wife will testify I am very much a child.

3 Likes

Its a trap.

Not everybody is an adult here :joy:

7 Likes

Don’t trust him remember when he said he was gonna win the Pokemon league, and I beat him fairly easy.

3 Likes

GaryO, why do you want to be a mod? Why are you feeling like this forum needs another mod?

Not for or against anyone in this situation, just genuinely curious. Zard & KD seem to have different strengths that complement each other alright, and they seem to do a pretty good job of keeping things clean enough for the kids-- how would you fit into that team? I feel like the devs do a pretty good job of hearing & responding to us (bringing this up as it seems to be the cornerstone of your campaign and obviously others disagree with me here), are there other strengths you have to offer?

3 Likes

@Zardecil as I recall the other mods weren’t so keen on you becoming a mod when that first happened and you have come so far since then. I’m very proud of you.

I have apologized and ask that we let bygones be bygones, water under the bridge.

I hope you find it in your heart to direct message @Dev_VKC and let him know that you endorse me becoming a mod as well.

1 Like

I will be changing my clan tag to GO4M (Gary Oak 4 Mod) for ultimate challenge. I hope to see many of the community do the same.

Lets show our support in the leaderboards and unify the clans behind Gary.Screenshot_20181024-163906_Neo%20Monsters

2 Likes

I strongly disagree, he derailed saintfeather thread?
You of all people strated it!!
You set him up, you instigated him then enjoyed replying to it. Now you are simply gonna say he started it,!!

How much twisted are you going to go with this mindset of yours.

5 Likes

I dont want bagons to remain bagons, I want it to be a salamence though (moxie one)

2 Likes

Lock this thread though :joy::joy::joy:

@GaryOak I know you love to have a good public image and appeal to the masses like some kind of politician on a campaign. It makes it very difficult to discuss the topic without becoming the bad guy, especially because you have many friends in the community. For that reason I decided I would not get involved in these discussions but I feel it would look worse if I didn’t write here.

There’s no need to build bridges with me again. I still think of you as a friend and would love to have fun chats from time to time. When I’ve spoken to others I’ve described it as you’re the fun guy everyone loves but I wouldn’t want to live with you (I’m sure you have a real life friend like that too). Unfortunately my judgement based on your actions and character over my time knowing you will not change because you’ve apologised. I’m sorry for that and I hope you cannot take it to heart too much.

This thread is unfortunately a prime example. A much better way to make me and Zard support you would have been to open a PM with us both. There we could’ve spoken very openly and maybe gained some trust in each other. However, now I’m left feeling worse off because people have to read this and think I’m some harsh judgemental person who’s clinging onto power.

If you really wish to discuss this then please do open up a conversation with us privately and we’ll talk there. I don’t want to drag our names through the dirt by sharing anything here, it’s also very unprofessional to talk about that stuff.

Regardless of whether you want to start a group conversation or not, I’d like to hear from you about why you actually want to be a moderator here?

• It doesn’t get you any closer to the Devs.
  • It doesn’t give you any advantage in the game.
  • It doesn’t really affect the forum other than having the extra task of keeping it clean (the mods don’t run it, it’s run by the community).

The ONLY reason I asked to become a moderator was to get the functionality to edit Buckingham’s tier list thread (rather than needing to make a new one) as well as access to a hidden section of the forum where I can write my guides before they’re released for everyone to see. I say this now because I think a lot of people seem to think I’m power hungry but when I asked to be a mod I actually asked not to have any moderator duties… I don’t want or care for that, I just want the ability to write guides more easily.

So, considering that, what is it you really want and why do you have to make such an ordeal over it that it’s created clashes in the community? We seem to have enough moderators here to handle the posts so frankly we don’t actually NEED any more.

I’m closing this thread. Please answer my question in a message to me directly and create a PM with the three of us if you truly want to discuss this. I’ll say beforehand though… I like you a lot and would rather you just gave up this campaign rather than forcing us into arguments and losing friendship.

2 Likes

@Xyzencross I don’t see why this thread should be locked. The purpose of this thread is to legitimately mend bridges with @Zardecil and @Killerdog