3rd anniversary gem deal

Hey guys, sorry for closing the other thread and restarting it with this new one but I have never read such a hateful and horrible thread on this forum. There were calls to fire the Dev who suggested the gem deal, a large number of insults directed at the Devs and loads of memes highlighting how angry you are. I understand you’re angry but let’s make this thread a constructive discussion where we engage with the Devs rather than point a gun at their head.

Firstly, I don’t know how any of you ever expected there to be a 3x gem deal. The Devs run a business and need money. They’re going to offer us an anniversary egg they know many will roll on and want to make some money doing so. They’re giving us 36 gems + 6 rare gems free over these next two weeks, that’s the kind of generosity they have.

I’d like to remind you all about the change they made last year for the 2nd anniversary in comparison to the 1st. In the 1st anniversary they offered the first egg with bonus legendaries. It was the one which came with:
1st pack = 50% chance for legendary in 10th egg
2nd pack = 60% chance for legendary in 10th egg
3rd pack = 100% chance for legendary in 10th egg
They continued this formula for festivals with new monsters in for the following year. However, people didn’t like the 50% and 60% chance because you basically expect to get something (the chance is so high) but often don’t. Therefore, at the 2nd anniversary they changed this formula into:
1st pack = 100% chance for legendary in 10th egg
3rd pack = 100% chance for legendary in 10th egg
This is actually WORSE overall, but much better for the community as it gave guaranteed results and made it well worth everyone opening at least 1 pack in each of these festivals.

Now what’s happening here with the gem deal is a very similar thing! They started offering us 2x gem deals (I can’t remember when) but only on the first purchase of each pack. Therefore, you can grab some extra gems but you’re very limited in how many you can buy for “half price”. We’ve had complaints throughout the year whenever there’s been a good festival and there’s no gem deal because people are no longer wanting to buy gems when there isn’t a deal that gives them extra for their money. Hence, the change.

This new gem deal now allows people to buy much larger sums of gems at a discounted rate. The rate is a little lower than 2x for the larger amounts but not by much and what this most likely means is the Devs will allow us to always be stocking up on gems at a discounted rate. There are way more gems available here that you can always get an excess for what you need and keep them for future festivals.

Here’s a quick comparison between this new deal and the old one (assuming you buy 3 times):

Gem pack Amount from 2x gems Amount from new deal Cost per gem 2x deal Cost per gem new deal
13 78 gems 84 gems 23p per gem 21p per gem
48 288 gems 294 gems 23p per gem 22p per gem
74 444 gems 432 gems 21p per gem 21.5p per gem
150 900 gems 860 gems 20p per gem 21p per gem

So looking at the raw numbers, yes the new deal is a little worse. Nothing beats that old deal on the 150 gem pack and the new best deal (both 13 and 150) is 5% worse and requires buying the pack 3 times over. However, previously the most gems you could get at a “better” rate (74 and 150) was 448 gems whereas now you can get over 900 (13 and 150) at just 3% more cost per gem.

I hope this gives you all a bit more of a positive outlook about the new deal. I understand how everyone freaked out over it, but it’s really not that bad.

P.S. Exact costs are taken from Pounds Sterling (British currency), it may differ slightly in your own currency and I apologise for that.

3 Likes

Put simply… if this is the future of gem deals you will no longer ever need to buy gems when they’re not on discount. We’re taking a cut of 3-5% efficiency, which I think is fair.

Aren’t you F2P?

1 Like

I’m sorry but you are F2P player and there are players out there that fund the game.
This deal is lame
Your input is in the eyes of a F2P so please don’t say you support the game financially when you don’t

5 Likes

The gem deal is… worse, disappointing and greedy. I don’t like it. My plans were on a 2 x gem sale which never came, this new system gives me less gems for the money I wanted to spend. Although what I must admit, is with the free login gems it takes me well beyond the amount I would have had with simply buying, so I agree that devs should be thanked for that.

Indeed, this makes you sound like a hypocrite @Killerdog .
We all have our opinion and we manifested it clearly on the other thread. I think taking it down was a step too far. Do you want to limit freedom of speech and act as dictator on this forum? There were no direct “threats” towards devs. Only strong opinions? And are memes not permitted here???

2 Likes

Each person will have their own decision how they will spend their money. Said whatever you want, at the end of day, if the person decide it bad, it will stay the same for them. As for me, if tomorrow it happen just as you said, i will quit simply because it wont sit right with me. No hard feeling.

I think I’ll put it this way:

Dev’s are going to do what they want.
If you don’t think it’s worth your money, then don’t throw your money at it.

All the rage and hate was totally unnecessary. You can say that you don’t think that the deal has enough value without screaming your head off.

4 Likes

Yes he does. Im sure he’ll censor and censure me for saying it but its KDs way or the high way pretty often.

That said, we shouldnt call for the Devs to be fired. They do have a business to run. And this sale format is better for the heavy spenders. I just dont spend enough to make it worth it.

And again, I don’t see why F2P would bother commenting on this. Not their problem. Not their business.

Agree Zard. And I wont spend because I dont think its worth my money.

Well said. Thank you for level headed commentary.

The rage was because we had a 2x gems sale couple of weeks at a lame event/festival so it makes no sense to decrease the amount of gems here when it’s the BIGGEST EVENT OF THE YEAR!!!
Also who in the right frame of mind will buy the whole gems sales it’s absolutely absurd.

1 Like

People want to buy once so really it should of been in reverse order. Give the higher amount of gems first then decreasing to the lower bonus gems

Well then don’t buy gems. Simple as that. Your money where your mouth is right?

Again, no hate required in order to show your opinion.

It’s not your problem if I buy gems or if I don’t. But I will speak out my opinion on the matter just like you have.

1 Like

I didn’t scream my head off, personally. Just manifested my opinion by saying that I was disappointed. Can’t I comment on my opinion? My opinion combined with others might have an influence on devs decision making.

I read most of the comments there and in my opinion the “line” was not crossed, although strong opinions were voiced.

This is so bad and it’s dumb that you defend the devs. Also this is horrible for paying players what I’m meant to pay more for dupes

1 Like

No offense intended KD I respect you. But paying customers have a right to complain. We all gotta stay respectful that’s true. But expressing anger is something that is sometimes needed for changes. The owners of the game would want to hear how people truly feel about their decisions. Saying stuff like “firing the ones who made this decision” isn’t going to be taken seriously and I doubt will be found offensive.

2 Likes

Customers have the right to be mad and disagree and give feedback I see no one giving death threats or calling out devs personally cause I know vkc or brd etc did not plan this as they only workers does anyone hate them nope
We just feel like this was kinda shitty for a anniversary

2 Likes

You were level headed at least. So I thank you for that.

It’s wasn’t a comment on anyone personally, but there was a lot of hate in that thread.

It’s meant to be the event of the year so it has to have the best deals imo

1 Like

Watch the sales drop massively f2p don’t keep the game running
If the devs brought this in as a perm deal etc not apart of the anniversary or with any other egg no one would have been mad really it’s horrible timing and placement that has scared off anyone that would buy the packs