Your favorite "underrated" monsters

What’s up forum! I had an idea of making a thread like this after playing PvP and observing what monsters work well in most situations and provide the most value for their spot in the team, “under the radar”.

Currently my favourite one: Flutterdrake Lotus, what an absolute unit he is. Criminally underrated because he doesn’t look that menacing at all. I get 2-3 kills with him in a match before the opponent realizes what’s killing his team. So simple, yet versatile, works wonders with F.D Salvia and other protectors. Retribution does awesome damage and throw often 1 shots. Can also fit most teams without compromising a strategy.

Please share your favourite underrated monster!

5 Likes

Ogremaster

1 Like

I will go with Blitzdragon, very useful monster stunning entrance + step back+ purify+ timestrike + only 10 cost.

Also helps that he’s a storm monster as a majority of the stun absorbers I run across are water types.

@NMEduck will be posting a Galvbane in 3… 2… 1… :joy:

2 Likes

My fav is Torrentide.
He has Slayerbane+bloodcrave which one shots almost everything after 2 kills and he camo+poison immunity+clone next at a good speed which makes it real irritating for the enemy. A +9 Torrentide can be a real pain in the ■■■.:upside_down_face:

I thought @NMEGaryOak would post the Galvbane :rofl:

2 Likes

I may have gotten them mixed up, my mistake lol

I would say torrentide, but i think it’s not so underrated

1 Like

In PvE it’s definitely not underrated but in PvP… It might be? Definitely not a common sight. However it has one big issue which is when there is nothing to target with slayerbane. And players can deal with him more often than not.

2 Likes

As far as Torrentide goes, just having Camoflauge makes him an amazing monster. It’s the same reason Willowyrm is one of the best Stun Absorbers

Dragaia :sunglasses:

And Mechanubis and Sacrophinx

I think you’re mistaking me for @NMEGaryOak

3 Likes

Also, my favorite underrated monster is angelion

2 Likes

Galvbane is S+ Tier for everything, idk how that’s “underrated.” That was a stupid comment @Tanbeer

My picks for underrated monsters I like to use:

Nebel/Cosmo
Deodragon
Jawshank
Spectrefox

3 Likes

This next monster may not be as underrated as several other monsters that have been listed here, but it definitely deserves a mention. Ladies and gentlemen, Triviathan.

Back when this guy was first released alongside Gyo and Tago, it was deemed the worst of the bunch due to its low defense and high TU moves. But following the major buffs it got, it’s become one of the most useful parts of a stealth team, being able to sweep two monsters with relative ease with Double Sneak Attack (which was further buffed following the massive protector nerf). This amount of power coupled with having one of the best designs in the game makes this critter a most excellent addition to my collection.

7 Likes

@Dev_VKC whose idea was it to combine a shark, dragon, anglerfish, and crab/lobster into one design to make Treviathan?

Also where can I get what they were smoking?

5 Likes

This is comedy :joy::joy:

@NMEduck I apologise for the misunderstanding, I’m still new here.

2 Likes

That monster is legit scary looking

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I was just quoting to @DMG_Rocket
And I think Galvbane is X+ tier :kissing_heart:

Mulasem

To no one’s surprise, A.S. Antistan. Nobody ever expects his tankiness.

1 Like