why no new events?

Yes, it’s more reasonable to you. And it’s your choice to spend on it or not. But hypothetically: let’s say there was an option to buy a mythic ticket for 40x6star tickets. It’s a very high price, we can agree with that. However, it’s normally not intentional to obtain tickets that way. Also, currently there’s no option of buying a mythic ticket that way. In this case, would it be better to have the option or not have it at all?

Not to have at all, because I am against pure scams and robbery.
Giving an option to push desperate players towards a hugely, massive, unfair exchange is despecable.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s very fruitful to talk about what’s fair and unfair when there is any uncertainty over getting the product we want. That is something we all must accept when choosing to play such games. In this case you would be paying to bend that rule, which is the very reason the price should be high.

There is a big difference between high and insane.

I accept high prices, are part of marketing.
High is x2-x3, after that we fall into something deeper than marketing.

It’s not a necessity, though. It’s an option. And we are talking about the most powerful components of this game, Mythics.

What do you think was the reason VKC said there won’t be a 7 star ticket exchange? Also bear in mind you had the chance to swap your Neo ticket for 1 mythic ticket. If 1 shard in the shop = 20x6s tickets then it would mean Devs/the company value 1 Mythic shard of your choosing = 60x6s tickets. This is a perfect illustration of what I was talking about earlier. You “pay a higher price” to have the ability to choose any Mythic you want instead of those that were offered and you only get 1/3 of one shard.

Ask the devs to show you how many 7S tickets got from the exchange with Neo ticket.
It won’t be much.

@Exu if you had two 7S tickets, would you give up your Neo ticket for the third one?

Probably yes. After all the most powerful mythics are not in the neo ticket pool.

@DonT89 and @Exu arguing is somehow worse than @NMEduck and @Killerdog arguing

3 Likes

We are not arguing, we are discussing, is different.

2 Likes

Interesting.

You are willing to go through an exchange that is unfair, knowing that is unfair.

It’s not unfair when it’s my decision and I know what I’m getting. I could get the equivalent of 3x7star tickets for a Mythic that I want less, or, in the case where I already have 2 tickets, gain a third which gives me the option to choose exactly the mythic I want.

1 Like

I said unfair because if was not unfair you would choose it regardless of having 2 spare tickets.

I don’t think you would do it without 2 spare tickets.

In that case I probably would not. It’s all about priorities and the situation. The situation is what makes the ticket more/less appealing.

Yeah, I see your point man.

Still don’t think 1 to 6 is a good exchange rate between 6 and 7 stars tickets.

Yeah, I see that. Of course for us players a lower price feels always better. My opinion is that it’s not unreasonable to have even an expensive exchange, as the thing we are actually paying for is the ability to choose exactly what we want in a game where you’re not supposed to get what you want at a 100% certainty. And an expensive exchange is better than not having one at all, because it adds to our options.

Depends always how much expensive.

I have most of the monsters maxed at +9 so I reliably get a lot of tickets when I do hatch.

Let’s say I want to stick to the odds and get 4 tickets every 10 packs, that means 4 tickets every 400 gems.
If a 7S ticket would be equal to 40 tickets that mean you need to hatch 100 packs to get one, that’s 4000 gems.

At this rate even an heavy spender will have some problems to get a 7S ticket.

Yep, it is a lot when you take only that into account. However, you will also most likely hatch Mythic dupes which will give you tickets. So the 6star tickets would act like a ‘bonus’ from time to time, if you find yourself in a position where you’ve got nothing else to buy.

It falls to the devs and the company to decide what the amount will be if it will one day be implemented. I’m just trying to be realistic about what the amount could be, as gacha games are in general a place of greed.

2 Likes

That was a long debate! I only skimmed it so forgive me if it was already said but the general stance that’s been given by the Devs is: It’s not about the right exchange price, it’s that they simply do not want to open the door to having the exchange. Mythics are the premium item and they want to, as a company, have very clear and controlled ways to get them. It’s the same reason they have not added 7* tickets as rewards from anything yet.

It’s a somewhat similar thing for the exchange between 4* potions and 6* potions. For veterans like me, I have literally every 4* and 5* at +9 so the only thing of value is 6* potions. However, it takes 2500x 4* potions to convert into a single 6* potion. That number is truly ridiculous, meaning 4* potions hold almost no value to me at all. I asked if they’d consider making it 50 → 1 to get 5* and 500 → 1 to get 6*. I think they said the request was not unreasonable, but they didn’t want to fiddle with the exchange numbers they had there already because the system was working as they wanted it to (people using potions on what they’re intended, only converting excess ones).

5 Likes

I think it’s just very dumb design-wise that the only way to get legendary potions is from events. And the biggest amount is reserved to the winner, which creates an even bigger gap between the veterans and the newbies. It’s not even the case of being “premium”, as mythics gain bonus by default with shards.

When they made the switch to Tu bonus applying in steps of 3, they really should have at least doubled the legendary potion amounts in rewards. Instead the amount was reduced at the same time as the decision was made that +9 legendaries would give 6star tickets when hatched again. It’s really frustrating how hard they still are to get. And very unnecessary too.

2 Likes

While @Saitama created the greatest thread of all time, this might be the worst one

2 Likes