When do you use different AOE attacks?

So I have been wondering for a while what people do to choose between an ark’s different AOE (area of effect) attacks… What do I mean?

Plasmorex has two different AOE attacks (though the same question applies to its single target attacks)

Massacre targets all enemies with physical damage (based on Attack power)

Twilight targets all enemies with magical damage (based on Magic power)

Using the Ocarina that I use (Gold) its stats for Attack and Magic are identical. Therefore in what situation should I be using one over the other? They are EXACTLY the same strength, TU, etc.

The same applies to Plasmorex’s single target attacks. Both are identical except for the type of damage done. When should I use one or the other? Have people just memorized the defense/magic defense stats for every opposing ark? (then using that knowledge to decide which to use)

I understand how this works for arks like Omegawyrm whose No Guard drastically increases its Attack power causing you to use Terminate (Attack-based) instead of Supernova (Magic-based). But with Plasmorex it seems like an unnecessary duplication of moves…

Thoughts?

Depends on the Arkadian that you’re trying to hit. If it has a higher physical defence than magical defence then you’ll want to hit it with Massacre as it’ll do more damage (and vice versa). It’s difficult to remember which arkadians have different stats, but in PvP you can at least memorise the more common ones.

If you happen to know which moves to use then it can give you a strong advantage.

eg Necrodrake has very high physical defense but only ok resist. With him, twilight will have bigger effect.

But most of the time, I wouldn’t care anyway… As most arks only have 1 aoe & 1 single move…

Honestly I tend to take into consideration what will do the most damage overall…

If my opponent has 2 arks with higher defense and 1 with higher resist id use twilight

I thought AOE stood for attack on element…

Area of effect ^^

Yeah but an AOE move only attacks the elements of the ark you pick doesn’t it?

I guess that’s another way of looking at it. Although arkadians each have their own elemental types which could be confusing, as a lot of AOE attacks can attack different elemental types at the same time.

:lol: