what experiences they have of anniversary. It is worth saving.

if you would be so kind as to state your criteria regarding anniversaries.
Whether you reward hatches etc.

1 Like

Weddings are a key event in any couple’s life, as they bring together friends and relatives to celebrate the happiness and joy of the couple. Wedding anniversaries are also perfect opportunities to celebrate the love of two people, commemorating the joy that they take in each other’s company, despite the trials and tribulations of the marital journey.

In most cultures, the wedding anniversary is thought to be an important occasion, and it is generally celebrated in meaningful and significant ways. Couples are reminded of their marital commitment, and a lot of effort often goes into sourcing the perfect gift that will be symbolic and meaningful for one’s partner, or the happy couple.

While finding a gift for couples in the first years of their marriage is relatively simple (as they still require many of the essentials of marital life), later in their marriage, thinking of an appropriate gift idea that will be appreciated and treasured is more difficult.

Gift-giving on the occasion of a wedding anniversary has its origins in the medieval period. In the Holy Roman Empire, husbands would give their wife a silver garland to mark their 25th anniversary, and a golden wreath when they reached 50 years of marriage.

In the 1920s, Emily Post, an American writer, attempted to solve the issue of what gift to give on the occasion of an anniversary by drawing up lists of anniversary themes in a book titled “Etiquette”, published in 1922. However, only some anniversary years were included in the book, the first, fifth, then every fifth year up to the 25th wedding anniversary. In 1937, the American National Retail Jeweler Association added additional years to the list, including all years up to 14 years of marriage, and every 5th year up to 50 years of marriage. These are known as traditional themes linked with each marital year. More recently, a contemporary list was created, and today, all the anniversary years from 1 up to 30 have been linked with a theme or material, and then every fifth year up to 75 years of marriage.

Not only are anniversary years symbolised by traditional and contemporary gifts, but they often also have a flower, colour and gemstone associated with them as well. The gemstones associated with marital years 1 to 25, and then every 5th year up to the 60th anniversary, are published in the Information Manual on Gemstones by the American Gem Trade Association. In some instances, other countries have suggested a different gemstone for certain anniversary years, so those alternate gemstones are outlined in our table.

Different marital years also often have colours and flowers associated with them, however, these vary dependent on the source. Usually, however, the rose is considered to be the perfect substitute for any anniversary if a woman adores roses, and often its shade can be matched with the colour linked to the anniversary year.

There are no definitive rules to choosing an anniversary present, so be guided by the recipient’s tastes and find a gift they are sure to cherish.

You will note that after 20 years, there aren’t traditional gifts associated with every marital year, however, there is a modern theme for each year right up to 30 years of marriage. This reflects the need for a couple to continue to sustain romance and commitment as they progress through married life. Some years also have no floral symbol, gemstone or colour associated with them. We do, however, suggest useful gift ideas for every wedding anniversary year.

We also wish to point out that in some instances, different countries have different gift themes, and when you look at the table, you can see the source that has been used for the gift suggestions, whether it is from the UK or the United States.

35 Likes

If it were really a duck, your comment would look good, but since you are a neo player, it doesn’t seem adjusted to the subject. But good joke. No it really wasn’t good.

[image]

3 Likes

Asks about anni.
Gets a copy pasta stuffed.
Tldr.
:joy::handshake:

At first I thought he was just using it as a metaphor. Then I realized it’s copy and paste

1 Like

Have a look at the 5th anniversary here for the kind of things that happen. We also usually get 2 festival eggs (one anniversary, one Halloween) with a new mythic, legendary and super epic in each.

1 Like

I didn’t read this but I just liked because I saw that 17 others had liked the post … is this peer pressure?

2 Likes

shut up I’m a real duck!

3 Likes

I see

You are a quack more like it

… get it since he is a duck? Lmaooooooooooo

2 Likes

I did not find your joke funny.

3 Likes

Gary trying to get in on the 20+ likes but he doesn’t have the talent of pasting from google :wink:

4 Likes

My memes have more likes than your guides @Killerdog :wink:

I don’t do my posts for likes. If I was desperate for them I’d do some memes to give people a quick laugh. I much prefer quality content that helps people enjoy the game.

Anyway, let’s get back to the actual topic in this thread…
@Tnc, anything you still want to know about the anniversary?

2 Likes

You need a sense of humor to make memes @Killerdog

1 Like

Yes really Is wonderfull. What are the rewards.

We won’t know until it comes. Most likely we’ll get a lot of gems and some 6* tickets. It gets hyped up a lot so every year people are disappointed then they look back on it later and say it was great

1 Like

I’ve heard that speculation about what they could give in this but hey, it seems exaggerated. Thanks for taking the thread seriously, not like others who play stupid.

[image]

I want three mythic tickets. If I don’t get them then I will be greatly disappointed.

3 Likes
  1. I hope we get at least 5 6 STAR tickets → last anniv gave us that, I hope they give us 6 6 STAR tickets to commemorate the SIXTH anniv

2. I hope they also update the regular egg + rare gold egg pools so leggie dupes will be less, and remove any overlapping leggies between the rare gold and regular egg pools

3. Should be expecting a login monster, a lot of login gems (not at once though)

4. 20 Gems / 40 Gems PAID banner, probably splitting mythics into 2-3 separate ones so u can be more precise

5. Fortune shrine or something

6. 2 Anniv Eggs / 1 Anniv Egg 1 Halloween egg → I SERIOUSLY hope the anniv eggs have overlap (last year’s didn’t) so we can actually choose which one to hatch by comparing them side by side in real time.

7. Updates to ticket shop (perhaps giving out a 50% discount for one mon during anniv?)

8. New story event? (Haven’t seen this one in years)

4 Likes