Very frustrating dex filling roadblock

Decided to finally get around to capturing all the tiny island monsters I didn’t have filled in yet, just because. However there’s a particular handful of monsters that are being very stubborn. Chillqueen and Charlynx are a pair of 2 star mons available in frost island, obtained both of them a long time ago; but it’s their FIRST forms that I don’t have. I located the spots where they appear, and wandered around for upwards of half an hour. And so far, every single time the rare monster showed up, it’s been the second form rather than the first. And I’ve had maybe, 15-20 of them now? It’s really starting to piss me off. I can see the first form’s portrait in the little “rare monster” notification, so what gives? Is there something that I’m somehow missing? I just can’t believe the devs intended for a single little unevolved form to be this difficult to obtain.

They both appear in the area their evolved version appear. Just, they’re insanely hard to find. I am sure of this.

You can find them right next to where you find that one turtle who shows up in whales treasure sometimes

1 Like

You mean archeloth