"To evolve or not to evolve? That is the question..."

Hey Guys!

Let’s hear your opinions about which Legendaries (if any) are best to keep UNEVOLVED?

• What strategies do they fit best?

• Are there any Super Epics that are more useful unevolved?

• If you’ve found a reason to evolve a monster contrary to someone else’s post - Let us know!!

With enough responses I may even start a quick reference list - for those hard decisions where you’ve got multiple monsters ready to go but only enough resources for one evolution!

Happy Hunting!

For super epics, the stunning entrance healers don’t gain much from being evolved. Mine are evolved, but I’d rather they not be

Blood thirst sleep superepic should stay unevolved.

Yes!!  That is a great suggestion I evolved my atlanteon but luckily realized i heal all anyway and left my thundrake and other guy at 7 cost…

I also thought that Freeznix is better left unevolved…that way he can sustain a couple hits giving him time to create duplicate and maybe switch places if lucky but no need for protect team - at least thats what I’ve found

Why not get them sleep all? Too much TU?

Yes, 60% is better then 25%. 130 vs 200secs

What about team turners for super epics. I have one and all I use him for is team turn an knockback. Once he gets blood crave going does enough damage as it is. Does he need an upgrade?

I think blood crave does for sustainability. They need the extra health and defense boost.

I agree - I didn’t know it was 25% it only says medium chance to put monsters to sleep.

However, my dread wolf is plus 9 lol damn dupes. So I am going to get sleep all with him!!

I believe he becomes stun immune after ultra evolution, I may be wrong.

The two kind of mons that you may not want to ultra evolve are sleep, bloddthirst super epic; throw, bloodcrave super epic and for the legendaries maybe freeznix. The team turn must be ultra evolve or they don’t get stun immunity. Except those few mons the rest is better ultra evolve.

freenix is a bum lol i think bottom tier - you can obviously make a team around him to get a couple dupes off but it isn’t worth it…

i nice addition at end of team for 8 cost if unevolved

Yes zephy got immune stun, need ultra

When they learn sleep all they are weak to sleep killer

They’re already weak to sleepkiller?

Thought he was on about the throw epics that learn sleep when ultra evolved

It’s exciting to see discussion of such thought-provoking subjects on the rise lately. I imagine this is due to PvP coming into play, which brings much more depth to strategy.

These opinions are coming from the perspective of someone still working on completing the main storyline for the second time (I’m hero rank 19 right now after losing my rank 40-something save) so it doesn’t give any insight into Super-Epics or Legendaries, but I have noticed a few early-game Monsters that bring to mind this conundrum:

Personally, I find that pretty much any Give Turn or Heal All Monster is preferable in their un-evolved state if that is the only reason you use the particular Monster, especially early on when cost is a nagging concern. Ribbigear, for example, jumps from a cost of 1 to a cost of 6 when you evolve to it. This particular Monster is a non-issue in high-rank play, but is a drag early on when trying to manage the cost of a team only to find your give-turner just jumped in cost by 500% with no real benefit to it aside from a slight increase in stats.

I also found that even the four starter Monsters can be preferable in their unevolved state since they evolve away the ability to use Element Massacre, which is especially useful in the online Story Missions (nearly all of them are single-element battles, if I’m not mistaken). This isn’t a big deal when you get further into the game and start using more powerful builds, but I do find it pretty lame to be forced to lose a strategical possibility in the name of necessary evolution. Keeping Element Massacre could be quite beneficial when dealing with Assisted attack strategies. 

This is actually something that’s bothered me since launch. The fact that some Monsters are preferable pre-evolution wouldn’t be a problem if the game didnt ignore that fact, and I find that it causes issues in a couple ways:

1. Evolution is not optional once your Monster reaches the required levels, and simply avoiding training of your Monsters is not really an option, since they’re incredibly weak untrained. This means that you are forced to land your training as close to 100% without reaching it if you are avoiding evolution, which is just not practical or fun.

2. Duplicate Egg drops are automatically combined. This means that, once you evolve a non-farmable Monster, you will never again have access to their less-evolved forms unless you delete the original, even if you get another. I’d prefer if it simply awarded the duplicate while giving the option to fuse them at will, or by possibly requiring ingredients to do so. Not only would this solve the problem, but it would give the player a feeling of accomplishment for having made the conscious choice to fuse them, and even more so if it required ingredients. It would also take away the right to complain (like I am currently doing =P) if it ends up screwing them, since it would be their own choice lol.

I genuinely find that this is something that was overlooked when developing the game mechanics. One NPC in the game even goes so far as to say duplicate Monsters are useless, and that there is no point to capturing something you already have. I personally capture multiples of everything to keep each of their evolution states available.

Apologies for what turned into a rant on my part, but I believe this thread was the place to make it. This is definitely a thread I will frequent as I develop my team, so please do go forward with that quick-reference list!

Lol a couple? More like 20-30. Nebel teams made up the majority of the top teams in ultimate challenge. Also forcing players to attack a death revenge monster is very powerful. For the duplicating teams he is fine at 8 cost but in a normal team protect is very effective

I got Tiamad and I can’t decide if it’s worth to ultra evolve him. Already got the poison dragon flavern or so, but does the knock back and extra power makes up for 5 slots? I would have to sacrifice 1 super for a low point death revenge guy. Not sure what to do

Tiamad was my first legendary and I haven’t ultrad. Plenty of monsters with knockback. Could pair him with a team turner/knock back

I haven’t evolved my omegawyrm yet either - just not sure it’s worth it. If you can only fit a certain amount of legendaries in with the cost you gotta hold back somewhere. I would hold off on evolving him.

It isnt just the moves that determine ultraevolve or not. Dont forget, the attack and the other stats also increase… you may not want knock back, but do you want increased stats? Then you’ll have to ask yourselves whether a certain increase in stats is worth the cost.