THE FORUM RULES HAVE CHANGED

@Killerdog I already know you’re going to break some of these new rules based on your past actions. I hope you don’t liberally accuse people of of using “loopholes” when they call you out on breaking your own rules.

Even in the most important and detailed contracts there are gaps that are often exploited, in this case it is all in the interest of the people to do it or it is not practically impossible to make a perfect document, but rule 5 is a strange peak

Don’t worry, the rules won’t stop you from being annoying if that’s what you aspire to be. Before painting the devil on the wall, I suggest we wait and see how things go from now on.

2 Likes

To something else please add all the means of communication with whom exactly the zizagame staff can demand a willing abuse of power, since it does not specify to whom or in what way to complain since all it says is to contact the staff of zizagame in general if you can give example something like dev vkr dev … ect mail

1 Like

I forgot you were a mod and forgot to tag you in that other post. That says a lot :rofl:

2 Likes

@Exu It really hurts my feelings when you go out of your way to insult me when I’m trying to have a serious conversation.

Like I’m saying, mods should have to follow the rules just like everyone else.

You really want to go down that road, Gary?

Tbh it says a lot more about you than it does about me :joy:

“Mha hart, mah sole”

You couldn’t find an insult from that comment even if it was analysed by the best linguists in the world!

Dev_VKC and Dev_BRD are both tagged later in the rules. However, I’ll take a look and see if it’s clear enough that they should be messaged using the forum messaging system.

Thanks for bringing this up. It’s important everything is clear to read (including for non-native English people and when you’re reading with a translator).

Speaking of which… @TNCxXchaosxXf2p How clear does it look when you have it translated into Spanish?

1 Like

I would say that a 8.5 or a 9 out of 10 there are some things since the translator sometimes translates them differently when loading the page but in the end the meaning is the same, regarding the communication medium with zizagame it is not very clear Personally, even knowing the answer, it confused me a bit. If I could add the dev bkc and dev brd more clearly, it would be helpful, please and thanks

Great feedback! I’ll take a look at it and see what we can do, discussing with the other moderators if it’s more than just very minor tweaks.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right, 1.5 and 2.5 come across quite broad in their scope. I’ll do my best to clarify exactly what they’re doing.

Firstly, one of the main reasons why they’re “broad” is so they are not excessively wordy and specific. The more words, the more confusing they will get to read and the less clear they are with their point.

This rule is in order to protect people from having personal or sensitive things said in private chats becoming inappropriately used in public conversation. Ultimately, it’s people’s responsibility what they choose to say in private chats and the sensitive things are often covered by other rules. However, we need a rule to cover this more specifically for some cases not covered elsewhere as well as to set the tone that private communication should generally be kept private.

You’ll notice it’s only a suggestion, with the word “may” for moderator action so moderators will only get involved when appropriate.

As for the first bit about discussions with moderators, that’s got the phrase “not related to game content”. This is avoiding getting long and wordy. What it primarily tackles is two things:

1. Stopping people from using normal human conversation moderators have with them against the moderator.
  2. Protecting people from whatever was said about them by a moderator in a private chat with someone else.

1- While moderators have the extra responsibility of being a moderator, they should also be allowed to participate as a normal user. I can speak from personal experience that it’s very common people will use anything said privately as ammunition. Even normal things will get twisted and misquoted to make it sound bad. As a realistic example, let’s say a moderator expresses an opinion of another forum user. Then that person brings it up in a conversation at some point to stir up drama, make the moderator look bad, etc. Moderators having an extra layer of protection is extremely useful so they don’t have to be on guard and perfectly phrase everything 24/7 against everyone who may ever have a bone to pick against them. We’re other people here, not lawyers paid to fight the perfect case in court each day.

It should also go without saying that this rule will ONLY be enforced when necessary.

2- This is best explained with an example. Let’s say someone messages me to tell me their mother has recently passed away and they’re sorry if they have a short temper (this has happened in the past). Then they write something silly and a person picks on them pretty heavily, in even more than one thread. Me, being the moderator, handles the situation by contacting the other person and saying “Hey I know you didn’t do anything excessive but that person is having a tough personal time right now so I’d really appreciate if you’d give them some space for now”. I’ve personally found moderating in this human way to be very effective. The rule we’re talking about prohibits that person from sharing that the other person has tough personal circumstances.

If you can think of better phrasing that has a smaller scope then feel free to suggest it. However, I can’t see much of a need to say what a moderator has wrote to you in private conversation that’s unrelated to the game itself. If a moderator is being rude or abusive to you in private messages that’s another issue altogether and should be handled by letting other moderators or ZigZaGame staff know.

When moderators take action against someone it’s unfortunately common that they try to fight back. Enforcing rules can be tricky against some people. Things can escalate out of control and become far bigger than they need to be. Dragging in other people is often how these things start.

Moderators need the power to effectively enforce the rules without the offender having full freedom to start up their own war against the moderator in retaliation.

You’ll notice the rule has the wording “we ask you not to”. That means it’s NOT prohibited. You can start a conversation about these things publicly. The rule then states more appropriate action to take when you want to contest the moderator action.

The wording eventually settled on does not give moderators the power to shut down any conversation someone makes in contestation of moderator action taken against them. It’s simply a request. But, realistically, if you’re doing something like: trying to make the moderator look terrible, draw people into a fight over it, etc. then moderators may put an end to it if it’s going to be bad.

I hope this makes these rules clearer and more agreeable to anyone currently unsure about them. If you have suggestions or opinions on these rules feel free to share them, either in this thread or by messaging the Complaint Officer.

3 Likes

Which mod is the Complaint Officer? Or is it all of you collectively?

I am taking care of the account. Every other mod who wants access to the account can message me. I will forward every complaint anyway though.

1 Like

The forum is dead anyways.

If it’s dead then why are you on here?

I’ve always wondered, what makes people say stuff like this? In every game or platform there seems to be someone. I’ve played SWTOR since release and on the second year people were already saying it was dead. Now we celebrate the 10th anniversary.

I’m just here for the memes, to get information about things, and to defend nerfs from happening. Also to request stuff, nothing else. Neo one of the few games I play. Also yall dont get wiled up, it’s not a lie is it?

So does this mean we are not allowed to post pics of any new mythics or discuss them?

12 Likes

Also on the part where it says donot discuss suspension publicly , i’d say thats not the right direction .

Atleast , you guys can make a separate thread where suspensions are discussed exclusively .

I say this only because our community is very small and not large enough for 4 to 5 mods to say "see I cant go about answering every ban / suspension " .

5 Likes