Super Challenge Battle

I just finished the latest Super Challenge Battle, what are your thoughts on the new legendary monster? Me personally, I think it could see some use in a throw team.

Um, Motordragon and Chronotitan are both returning monsters…

I dont think he was talking about motor and chrono…

That new monster, motordragon, looks powerful! He can charge his own bloodthirst by killing his own shells, wow!

Z19 GaryOak

Phantom means Tezcacoatl (huge rock dragon).

It’s a pretty interesting monster. This is the first legendary with gravity field plus it has hold ground and a 50TU heal which makes it surprisingly awkward to kill I think. Then you have the Devastate (70TU) and Power strike (100TU) which, if I’m not mistaken, do the same damage as each other. They deal a little over [1k * no. of consume used] so while they sparkle after 3 consumes it’s probably best to do 4 then you’ll one-shot practically everything in PvP, PvE probably taking some more stacks. Power strike is nothing too special in my opinion, it’s like an alternate version of throw which can be used indefinitely but requires the stacks first. Devastate is the really interesting one because it sweeps the whole field and does it with low TU (only 60 when potted). It looks like it was designed to be shell/box killer but where I think it will really shine is if you can have Shivadragon out along with a stun absorber (Bitterbeast) and another HG monster. You’ll sweep through the field ridiculously fast and keep your own monsters alive.

So this monster looks like it has potential. It doesn’t have a particularly reliable way of making rockoids, especially because you probably need 4, but that just means you’ve got to set it up properly in a throw team. I’d probably not bother with the secret skill for that reason. Whether this monster is good really depends on whether you can charge it up fully and if you can make the most of its “Devastate” with your team. 150-200s set up time is very long so if consume isn’t enough to keep it alive then this monster doesn’t do a lot.

Yeah I meant Tezcacoatl. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Finally! Completed my first SCB! Thanks to Deathwarg.

I dont like the overall design though.

Tbh this is actually super valuable for throw teams, but not why you think. Gravity field is utterly insane on a throw monster, perhaps the most brutal counter to throw is knockback and this just nullifies it completely. Having what is effectively a throw as well as some decent utility makes it a solid inclusion.

I feel like devastate is a strong move, but not in a throw team. You have to build around it in the same way you build around bovolcus: 4 monsters are coming in each time so you HAVE to have an absorber and probably some protection as well. Don’t get me wrong, it’s actually pretty strong. But it’s an interesting challenge to build around at the same time.