Some suggestions on the TYPE of free legends that we will be getting when new story content is released

@Dev_VKC
Stated here: Paid dlc
that they will be releasing new story content and free legends in the future.

The purpose of this thread is to suggest the type of legends that are given to us.

Put simply I think they should be PVE Legends not PvP Legends.

In other words Legends that are good for helping us complete PVE events rather than legends that Excell in PvP.

Yes yes I know some are good for both but some are a lot stronger in PVE and it’s these ones I think we should get.

Why? Well everything these days seems to be about PvP. PvP this and PvP that. Monsters are mostly judged and or valued on their ability to perform in PvP. It will be refreshing to have more PVE monsters. Not everybody wants to compete in PvP and will help newer players get more out of events.

Examples on the kind of legends I’m talking about:

Ankoudragon
Revenarchion
Tenebris
Geartyrant
Cloning Stunners
Nightmare grip monsters
Death revenge cloners

Death revenge cloners are good in some PvP teams, but man are they awesome in PVE.

Even though monsters like
Onigiest & Goldtail are amazing in PVE they are just too good all round to be handed out like Nox.

Just my opinion don’t mind if others feel differently and will still be happy with any free legends even if PvP based.

3 Likes

A good idea, though I’m a bit weary about Reven and Tene being free, given how powerful they are.

They ain’t that powerful. Hehe You own them both don’t you? :wink::yum::rofl:

I’m just teasing.

The main point is PVE monsters. I’m happy for the devs to decide what ones.

Surprisingly, I don’t own either of them.

I’m surprised. I thought you had Reven for sure. But in the past you just mentioned that you loved it’s design that’s all.

Honestly though, when I’ve been able to steal them with my Atra in UC they have been great but definitely not OP. I would rate Geartyrant as more valuable in PVE then both of them. I don’t think any of my suggestions are crazy for a free legend that will be unlocked in the very distant future when they will be even weaker.

Focusing on PVE monsters only makes it even safer to give out. Most people complain when others get OP PvP monsters they can’t deal with in PvP.

Most arguments are over PvP opponents and strategies.

2 Likes

Reven and Tenebris are among the best PvE monsters. They can single-handedly win you battles haha. I think those would be a little overboard but on the whole the idea is good.

The two monsters they’ve removed from all egg pools are Kamiwyrm (water TK) and Cryokaizer (water stun revenge cloner). I reckon these will be legendaries we see coming to players for free.

Personally I’d like to see them giving us a mixture of elements and give us monsters that are on the weaker end of the scale.

I thought they removed a third monster as well, but I can’t remember what it was.

I can live with that. As long as they are PVE.

Reven is dying quicker these days with all the armor piercing moves and poison. That egg is often destroyed by the AI before hatching. And sneak attack becomes usless when monsters are really buffed.

But meh I’ll take lower end PVE monsters rather than mid range.

I would personally LOOOOVE Ankoudragon. Or Aurodragon (didn’t mention him because maybe to strong)

Glad you agree with the idea I’m proposing though. BTW I already own Geartyrant and will be very happy to see him available for newer players. I don’t need to personally benefit from this suggestion.

I don’t mean to get into a big debate about it but do you have either Reven or Tenebris?

I have used both in almost all my PvE teams for the last year or more. Sneak attack never lets you down with the damage… it does more than bloodfury does after one kill (by over 30%). Also, it’s rare the egg gets destroyed and if you have any way to duplicate it (Aurodragon being the best, Atrahasis another great one, but even as simple as Cryptblade) then that can be game over for the AI team because they can’t handle it.

Geartyrant is a monster I think the Devs are trying to give to more players. They added it to both the normal and rare egg pool a while back. I like that decision because I think it’s an incredible PvE monster for new players and later on when you get some good sleep monsters it becomes super good.

I don’t have either but I have used them sooo many times in PVE events. Like probably over 50 times each. No joke.

My Atra always targets them to steal.

Certainly you would know more because you own them. I was sure sneak attack stops one shooting buffed monsters in Island Challenge after level 300. I could be wrong though.

How does it go in UC level 300, 400, 500 ect?

I agree about the egg IF we can duplicate it. Again I’ve done that with Atra and often win.

BTW on a similar note Doomengine is becoming crappy in PVE. I own him and will be happy for others to get him free. Don’t like him anymore…Kinda hate that monster to be honest.

IC level 300+ has a huge buff level. For both UC and IC anything beyond level 200 is where normal damage options stop being viable. Sneak attack is no megabomb, dreamhunt or bloodthirst but it’s pretty much the most powerful behind them. For normal SCB and other bits of the game sneak attack is a very reliable high damage dealer that will one-shot practically everything.

When I said they can single-handedly win you a match I was referring more to Tenebris. Revenarchion doesn’t take over the match unless you mass duplicate it. As a stand-alone monster it will simply manage to kill off a large number of enemies. It’s an incredible sweeper for PvE which is very hard for the AI to kill and the infinitely increasing power of the revenant attacks means you can kill enemy monsters in any bit of PvE content.

Doomengine is another great one. I hate that monster too but it’s a good monster for new players in PvE. I remember you or someone else asking me to make it S+ on the tier list. I don’t think any player is happy to hatch it from an egg these days, it would be a good one to remove and give to everyone for free somewhere.

1 Like

Yeah, I had him in mind as a bench mark when mentioning Reven and Tenebris. I rate him higher than them and am comfortable for him to be given out free so why not the others. Admittedly I’m biased against PVE events that require us defeating super buffed monsters. I think newer players need a lot of help with these events.

I need to remember that PVE also has events like Garcia Hordes and time attack.

Lol I can’t resist. But do you own all the monsters you rated in your Tier List? :rofl:

Not me. But I do remember asking it to be buffed a long time ago because it was so crap.

Hehehe :wink: The reason I asked was your phrasing “Reven is dying quicker these days” and you said how sneak attack “becomes useless” against buffed monsters. Slightly unusual statements to be making if you had them yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sorry for the confusion. I see what you mean.

The thing is Atra was one of my first legends and I’ve been using it to steal cloning monsters in PVE events for around 8months now. I would always target other monsters that will be useful against the AI with a particular liking for anything that clones in one way or another.

Whether it’s a stun revenge cloner or even better Reven and Tenebris. Or my favourites like death revenge cloners and Ankoudragon. Actually Ankoudragon performs the best for me against buffed monsters and I get excited when I am able to steal him.

I have noticed that Reven gets destroyed easier these days while still an egg that’s what I had in mind when saying that

Tenebris does become usless against really buffed monsters.

“Death revenge cloners are good in some PvP teams”

You know nothing @Saitama Snow.

Screw me I paid for my ankou.

Making ankou free would not make me happy.

Would make me happy I could farm it

1 Like

I would 10/10 like an Ankou, I would destroy every PvE event without any effort. Ankou + auro = easy dub

1 Like