Shop Idea for Featured Legendaries

They should have the featured legendary for each special egg in the limited section in the ticket shop for twelve 6* tickets. They do the same thing with the featured mythics so why not have featured legendaries in it too?

7 Likes

Yes 12 6* star ticket is good

I think this would be a good solution for those who wanted the six pack guarantee back so they could target legendaries better.

1 Like

They should just add aurodragon and angelion

But then people would never buy the other shop monsters…

The shop is great but this is a gacha game. The focus should be on hatching the monsters, not saving up and buying them. The fact they do it for mythics is I guess because people have to invest so much in mythics that the dupes need to have proper value.

If they were to ever do this I think the featured legendaries should be in the shop for 24x or 30x 6* tickets.

3 Likes

Debby downer back at it again.

3 Likes

This is one of the few things you’ve posted that I disagree with. The average player isn’t hatching too many +9 legendary dupes, so their only reliable source of 6* tickets is daily login and PVP. Basically meaning it takes about 5-6 months to save up 12 tickets. Duscy, Flocc, Atrahasis, and goldtail are all shop exclusives and imo must have monsters. Just to get those four will take a minimum of a year counting first purchase discount and maybe whales treasure. Even if the devs just pick one featured legendary and add it to the shop I think it would be a good opportunity for players to spend 6 months of saving on a monster they really want without jeopardizing the focus on hatching.

Per your point on players no longer buying shop monsters, I can definitely see your concern. But honestly other than the 4 aforementioned monsters I don’t think there are a ton of shop mons worth the time it takes to get those damn tickets. I mean maybe a moth or two? A special rock? I just know I won’t be spending 6 ticks on a rexotyrant.

11 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::rofl:

1 Like

If Neo was a blank canvas, most of the forum users would use the same colour to paint it: gold. But how boring would a plain gold painting be? That’s why we need shades, other colours. That’s the beauty in opinions and points of view. The more the better.

1 Like

Well there are some horrible colours out there.

I wrote what I did fully knowing the response it would get haha! There are many topics where my viewpoint aligns with what I believe is best for the game design rather than what’s best for the players. Most people will go with what’s best for the players.

I’m glad you agree on this point. It’s the main one. Like I said at the end of my post, I think it would work with the featured legendaries being added into the shop at a higher price.

We don’t know what the long-term plans for the shop are. However, my immediate thought (that I still believe today) is that it’s the retirement home for all legendaries to end up. Hence, over time the number available there will expand more and more. Power creep and the fact old timers will have enormous collections compared to newer players means the shop becomes a way to let new players “catch up” with a lot of less consequential monsters. I believe what could happen is either the price of the older/weaker legendaries in the shop will be lowered or the number of 6* tickets we get from events increases. That way people can build a pool of these useful tools very quickly but will still need to get the strong monsters from eggs to be competitive.

The shop is no longer in its infancy so the fact we haven’t got any solid signs they’ll use it this way means I could easily be very wrong. Their plans could be wildly different to what I’m suggesting here. However, if they have any plans like this then it’s not good to set a precedent that all featured monsters will appear in the shop available for 12x 6* tickets. Going back from that would only annoy the playerbase and it’s not like we need it in the game.

Also, for game design reasons it’s best to have currencies designed for specific things rather than all converting into one another. That’s why we see the terrible conversion of 50:1 on potions… the potions are each designed to be used on that grade of monster. The conversion is simply to let the mass excess some people get have some value.

3 Likes

What artistic opinion

How would that be different from having a guaranteed feature on the eggs like they used to do? Back then you could target specific legendaries every once and a while when you had 300 gems saved up. Wouldn’t being able to buy a featured legendary you want for a certain amount of legend tickets (they could make it 20 tickets if that would be better) be similar to that?

3 Likes