Shiny Skeleviathan Discussion.

i think its a meme tbh. they have made him a ghost to represent the way he used to be but now nobody uses old one.
seems like the devs kind of humour. lol.

You guys are missing how shiny skeleviathan will have less than half the defense as the old one and doesn’t have that stupid petrifying revenge. It’s still strong but nowhere close to S+ tier, which is where old skele should’ve been. @Killerdog just thought I’d mention that last part lol.

Old skeleviathan was too powerful because you actually needed a counter or you’d have to waste several moves trying to kill it off then lose a sweeper to the revenge. This one easily dies to regular attacks and won’t cause that much disruption for lineups that aren’t directly countered.

2 Likes

Duck is right here. the only place this one is identical to the old skel is in speed and SS. This one is too weak, it has simple protection where the old one focus on protection, those which meant that we had to waste at least 2 movements to eliminate it and as if that wasn’t enough it transforms you into a Rock. With him I only need to sacrifice a useless monster and anyway he will get one shot by any protector killer. There’s nothing good about him

Since speed is dominating atm and shadowyrm, Megalo, high speed true hit etc are everywhere it needs to have protect focus or it won’t be worth running for a long time.

Or maybe they should unnerf skele and this one should have taunt since it is shiny.

1 Like

Taunt Focus :shushing_face:

Nerf a monster to release it again as shiny. Genius move

I’m disappointed you don’t see the massive difference between the two. Losing out on the 9k defense with protect focus and the best revenge passive in the game makes it so much more balanced than before.

3 Likes

It’s been a long time since we’ve seen the original skel. they may have forgotten these skills. where they need glasses

At least he looks badass as a wallpaper:

10 Likes

Well, when does Nauticruser and Poseidon come out without Nerf?

Nikki is really fun , hope u get it good luck :crossed_fingers:.

1 Like

Visually, it can give high scores, and its skills are more balanced than those of previous whales, which is very suitable for some specific combinations.

i am also a shard away fom her. and the way my luck has been going…

I think what happens is that you’re seeing it from a whole different point of view. You keep pointing it’s defense or its petrifying revenge as it’s strong points, and in a way you are totally right, although for me, and maybe this is what Mr. X sees too, I’ve never considered those as strong points. Petrifying revenge, for instance, was more like an obstacle for me. When I think of Skeleviathan, I see it’s 90% speed protection, gravity field, DR, and the ability to purify; I don’t care about anything else. That’s why I refer to this shiny version as “practically the same monster”.

Of course, if you ever used rock lock, for instance, you’ll say “oh no, it’s actually very different”. But I’m a camo-player. A little example: think of every time a stupid shiny fox is lucky enough to bypass an AP in FL.

2 Likes

Then why U choose “:-1:” in viability? We can access old combo too right? And we also doesn’t even know they Will nerf him in future or not

Oh :sweat_smile:. That’s just my way of saying that I hate the whole idea of the new monster.
A few days after I got the “old and great” Skele, got him +9, made a whole new team for ranked based on stealth and shadow link (God knows @LemonSqueezy whole have loved that team XD) and also potted two of the other monsters of that fl, Skele got that super nerf. Now I have to spend gems on it again knowing that perhaps it’ll get another nerf in the future? Hell no.
So don’t bother too much about my :-1: :joy::joy:. That’s just hate.

1 Like

Hahaha love a bit of stealth. Do you know you got me the other day? Monster for monster I think you’re one of the very best :facepunch:t3:

Yeah, back when I was facing it I got hard countered by its massive defense that would let players like janne beat my whole team with just his early game. The protection, gravity field, and purify shut down my lineup and the ~9k defense was what let it continue walling me for so long. If it had less than half the defense, I would’ve been able to kill it with a single move and that’s it.

Basically with the new skeleviathan you just need something that can unconditionally deal enough damage to kill a full attack mon and you’re set. If you were to compare the list of lineups countered by old skele and shiny skele, you’d find that a decent number of the strats that can’t handle old skele could brute force their way through the new one and some of the ones that get hard countered by old skele would at least be able to kill the new one earlier in the game. It still counters a lot, so I wouldn’t be surprised if shiny skele performs at around S tier or wherever geocosma is.

Either way, there’s no chance shiny skele is getting nerfed. There are way more counters that could even handle old skele and the devs also want something else to counter prixis and chlamydia.

1 Like

Thanks man. Lemme tell you that, win or lose, I’m always glad when we match in pvp. Those are games where I think “I lost but damn, what of a beautiful team”. And I only have this feeling with a very small amount of players. Keep building like this, maintaining the beauty of the game.

3 Likes