PvP 2.0 : Cloud-Based PvP

In the current pvp, It seems player meets other player directly. It makes the pvp slow, unstable, and often freeze.

I suggest new pvp with new mecanism:

1. Each player stores/copies their team to the server.
  2. The server saves/backups the team from the players.
  3. Each player plays against other player using the team on the server (cloud).

It’s similar to IC mecanism when each player plays or uses a team served by the server. It’s fast and stable.

By the way, the slogan of neo monsters is dragon trainers. I don’t think all monsters in neo are Dragons, lol.

Yes they are all dragons even the humanoids

wkwk :rofl:
how about my suggestion @ILAGaLOT

It means you fight other players teams controlled by AI. Whats the fun in that? We already doing it at IC, UC, SOFT, etc.

No @TNB_iSegal
I said:

you got it?

Sounds confusing, and when the devs can’t fix bugs that have been around since day one of pvp I can’t see this happening

Sounds like a programming idea, so i have no idea how that would work so imma out :v:

It does look like PvP is peer-to-peer and the server is just there to connect the two players at the start. However, the Devs said they will have switched over to the better servers by the next PvP event and they said this would improve PvP performance… as if it’s actually server-based. So actually maybe all they need is just better servers to support faster PvP.

Am I right in thinking you’re saying they should store all the monster data of your team server-side as soon as you enter the PvP match then as you make actions the interactions between monsters is all done on the server as opposed to relying on the apps and each person’s connection with the server? This would probably create smoother gameplay with the monsters using attacks on each other, poison ticks, etc. but we’d then have the problem of difficulties with inputs. Using skills, selecting targets and all that stuff would have laggy input which would not feel nice and may cause delays just as bad as we already have. The laggy inputs may even cause people to make mistakes which would frustrate further and currently any time there are delays they are between actions whereas with the delays happening on your turns you may have trouble performing actions within the time limit.

So it might result in better overall PvP performance but it would create a load more problems which might even make PvP even more frustrating to play. Also, not sure if the app would allow PvP to work like this since it usually does everything internally. It would probably require a huge amount of coding, if at all possible.

I tried so hard to get your point @Killerdog. and I can’t imagine why there are difficulties with input, laggy input, delays, performing action, and time limit. :grin:

Let these pict shows you guys… correct if I’m wrong :rofl:

1 Like

nice explanation by design

lolz

bro but pvp is live and ic is powered by AI

I said pvp 2.0 is similar to IC @RISE_Alex but not same… lol
do you still not understand with those picts above? :rofl:

Okay, things like Island Challenge are actually offline. The team you’re going to face is stored on the server but at the beginning it is downloaded onto your app and you play it. It’s easy to test this if you don’t believe me, just turn off your internet while you’re doing the challenge and you can continue playing as normal. There’s just a check at the end when you complete it which confirms with the server that you won the fight without cheating. Hence, everything is internal inside the app on your phone which is why it is perfectly stable.

Whether you’re doing PvP 1.0 or PvP 2.0 the limiting factor will be people’s connection with the other components, as well as the server speed. I believe that the server is more heavily involved in PvP 1.0 than you think, because the Devs stated that their better servers (coming soon) will improve PvP performance.

What I was trying to describe before as the difference between PvP 1.0 and PvP 2.0 is where the delays/lag will be taking place. Currently what we see is when we pick which skill to use, select target and everything it’s being done inside our app and relayed onto the server (and other person). This means that making those skill selections is very smooth, but as the game performs those actions it does so quite slowly because of the limitations of the components involved. If the way it worked was what you suggested, where everything is put up onto the cloud (on the server) then what each person will be doing is telling the server what moves they want to do. The server can play out the battle smoothly (as long as it is good handling it all) but when we’re doing move selection and stuff it depends on our connection to the server. Hence, unstable connection could mean we have a lot of trouble selecting skills, targets and all that stuff.

I have a feeling that their servers are not built to handle constant interactions with the app. Their better servers should help out PvP a lot and tbh that’s all they need. Also, the app is built to work with most of the stuff internally so changing it to play a game on the server for PvP might not be easy at all.

I hope I got your point…

I think you’re right about IC is internal-based.
then the correct pict is like this below:
Then the pict of pvp 1.0 is right such as I showed before because pvp 1.0 is also internal.

I agree that server is more heavily involved in pvp 1.0. But I dont agree that pvp 2.0 will be still internal-based. Because No matter how strong the server it will still be slow and unstable if direct-connection between player to player still exists. As you said before about limitation of component involved. Connection player to player is worse than connection player to server.

The Desv can srengthen their servers to make the best connection between server to player. But they can’t strengthen the devices and the connection of player to player.

That’s why I suggest pvp 2.0 must be cloud-based like the pict I showed before. in cloud-based server, there is no direct-connection between player to player that is worse. there is only connection between player to server that is better.

Oh wait @Killerdog

did you mean like this?
b

or like this?
a

The data of team information is very small. No need to transfer in advance. The delay is caused by other problems such as redundant info for detecting cheaters.

3 Likes

The problem is they need more money to improve the server @kocowind .
you must spend more than before :rofl:

1 Like