Plot Question

How is Marco in the aircraft, and how are we able to fight him if there was barely space for the team to travel?

He snuck on board. Was it not obvious?

You are right, wrong wording. How did he escape?

Also what about the second question?

Because. Why not

Yeah he was somehow sneaking around masterfully for quite a while. Doesn’t make total sense but we were going to fight all the queen’s hand one after the other as the final battles so he had to be worked in there somehow.

I also found it quite funny when Lord Tardel was arguing with the queen’s hand guy about the history and honour of their families. Lord Tardel challenged him to a fight then you see the guy’s first few monsters are a link fire team lol that would’ve destroyed Lord Tardel’s earth team.

And lastly… I was unconvinced by how quickly Queen Karona changed her thinking. I was believing it when Levan convinced her things were wrong because she was using the toxic gas (which she deemed a horrible, unethical way to kill people) on their own people on their home planet. However, next thing you know she’s come around completely and saying every action she’s been doing for who knows how many years has been terribly wrong. I mean her character is clearly so strong willed and she believes in herself that she wouldn’t be so quick to turn a full circle even if she does have doubts and is looking for advice.

I think it was a bit unnecessary to the plot, she could’ve seen the error in her ways and come on side but still stuck to her morals of sacrifices for the greater good are worth it. It would’ve made more sense for her to know that her beliefs were wrong but not actually be able to change them completely. I was also hoping she wouldn’t be exiled and instead would put forward the idea that a council is made as advisers to Nydia, the new leader, and Karona is on this council to help Nydia better understand how they can change the Khanate empire from what it currently is into something better. Karona would’ve been a useful adviser for this.

But anyway, I’m not losing sleep over it :slight_smile:

Karona joining the council would have been the only thing dumber than “I’m sorry but we have to exile you”. Like she killed everyone Nydia ever knew, and countless others. Now I get it that they couldn’t go all barbaric torture on her as this is not that kind of game, but something like Nydia saying “the rebels will decide what to do with her” would have made more sense to me.

Besides that I completely agree. Marco’s bit was kind of Deus Ex Machina and Karona was a cool character until she decided to repent out of nowhere.

Still though, I liked the chapter.

I guess the way I was imagining it happening is the princess speaking up and talking about Karona not being her father. That she wanted change and for the empire to be run differently but she didn’t know how. She could’ve given Nydia a lesson about diplomacy where to best take control over the empire it could help to have Karona at their side supporting the new regime. All the people from our planet decided to leave everything up to Unity, which is fine, but it did sound weird Unity being so hostile to Karona and our princess telling Karona “I hope you visit us sometime”. I’ll admit that it would be very dangerous to keep Karona alive but in a game where everyone plays happy families and Karona had already converted to the good side I was half expecting it to go the way I said, believable or not.

Yeah this game is weird: it’s all about happy friendly rivalries and stuff, then out of nowhere planets get destroyed.

The main character used the most powerful force in fiction talk no jutsu

1 Like

It was said that she had a strong moral compass. She also said that she was far removed from process of destroying planets, and as such I feel like levan speaking up for once(contradicting what she said earlier about the captains being unable to think for themselves), and the horror that she realized when levan pointed it out showed said moral compass that he perception was completely wrong. As such, She now had empathy for those that had to suffer through it as well.

It made sense to me, and seemed pretty believable.

You have a strong moral compass. Do I need to find a child to point out your wrongdoings with your buff requests on the “unspeakable four” then you’ll suddenly come round to your senses and accept exile? :wink:

We’re just nitpicking here anyway, it was enjoyable. No more planets were destroyed so I did my hero nod and went back to the ranch for some peaceful sleep.

1 Like

Why does the Khanate, a substantially advanced civilization who has perfected space travel and literally has the ability to destroy entire planets, choose to fight with Neo Monsters?

I mean the main character lives in medieval society and uses monsters to fight. Why does the Khanate, who are thousands of years more advanced, use the same method of warfare?

Mind blown

i wnated to join karona. she is cute. @Dev_VKC can there be a separate option where we get to choose wether to join or not??? maybe in neo 2

Simple and effective.

Well same can be said about Pokémon
They have guns tanks weapons but they use Pokémon for all wars

1 Like

Because it’s a game. I mean the queens hand who came to verosia had a knife and distortion bomb or something

1 Like

You ever notice in RBY that no one seems to know about Johto, yet in GSC we discover that Johto, an entire continent, is literally down the street from Viridian city.

I understand why it’s like that, but I always thought that was a funny sort of plot hole

Also, they have boats in pokemon but sometimes you’ve gotta be like ■■■■ it, I’m gonna jump on a Shelder instead and swim to Cinnabar Island

All very true hahahaha

1 Like

also where do the swimmers store their pokeballs. as far as i can see they dont haver any pockets in their swimwear

1 Like

Just passing by

2 Likes