Opinion about Lunadrake

I really want to have a mon with bloodthrirst or bloodfury so I rolled a 10n1 egg and I gkt this lunadrake(forget the inital mon name) I checked the ultra evo skills and find out that sleep will turn to sleep all. Now I still don’t evolve my lunadrake for the fact that the chances of triggering sleep is lowered. How i wish that even ultra evolved it will remain as sleep(60% chance).
What do you guys think of lunadrake? or what team build up can you make with him?

I do not have Soulstealer so use Luna instead as a carry. Accompany it with a tank + a one-on-one monster to wait until twin def sent make its job and wipe enemies with bloodthrist (be afraid of knock backers, sleep killers and enemies carry since Luna will be the first target). Sleep bomb following by a purifier could help a lot to keep him safe. There is a good description of this strat (for Souldstealer) in the beginners guide.

One-on-one is the perfect cover to get the death sentence off. Frostrider is the best for this because he has Switch Places and always falls immediately behind Soulstealer (not sure of the speed of the SE death sentence mons) in the order. You can stick a purifier at the back, immediately death sentence, one-on-one, then switch places and purify your team. Use Sleep/Sleep All with the death sentencer to try and put the remaining mon to sleep.

For the mon at the back, it’s a tough choice between a protector and a stun healer. Using a protector there instead of on the front line means you can keep your front line safe from Robinator’s assassinate off the bat. But the stun healers may stun (by definition) the remaining awake mon (of course dependant on stun absorbers, counters or immune)  to limit the amount of attacks they can get in, and then heal you if you’ve been hit by an early sleep killer (or AoE) before you got the one-on-one off. For the UCs and SCs I prefer a front line of Death Sentence/Gaiawolf/Frostrider/Unwanted Friend. Gaia accelerates off the bat, Death Sentence death sentences, Frostrider one-on-ones. Switch with a 7* healer, purify. Unwanted friend, sleep all with the death sentencer (on the off chance it hits the remaining mon), skip with Gaia. Heal all (even if no-one needs healing) to get my protector in (in case of stun revenge or stun entrances - you can’t see beyond the next one enemy to enter) and then protect. Death sentence goes off, and now you’re set with a Twin Knockback, a 104s (or less depending on potions) Bloodthirst, Gaia (who you can either Life Flip to get him to get him to 1HP, so you can get his death revenge off and get someone else in, or use his Zealous Attack which does heavy damage) and a Protector.

Of course it’s not fullproof - Frost often gets 1HKO’d from sleep killers, for instance (in which case I just rely on Sleep All and Twin Knockback if necessary - only need two kills to charge the Bloodthirst) but it works very effectively more often than not and you can obviously adapt as necessary for the super challenges.

Thanks for the info, as of now my frontliner consist of protector/ absorber, sleep bomb, death sentence, accelwrate/ stin burts, I use protect the let it deal the damages while charging up the sleep bomb and death sentence is already casted then my 5th mon is the new SE, the horn? Forgot the name then sweet dreams all the my mon that takes the damages then purify, at that time death sentence already triggered then the next mons were stun bombs atleast 3 then at that time another protector purifier. I really wish that lunas sleep remain sleep when ultra evolved cuz sleep all has a lower chances of trigger.

i did not evolve mine. It can help a lot in the uc. If u have a goldtail it will be perfect. Twin death sentence and sleeping all ur enemies with high chance.

I love Luna, he’s carried me this far with no legendaries haha I 10/10 recommend him!

Did you ultra evolved him?

Yes I’ve ultra evolved him, definitely do it to get his full potential

Ultra evolving makes his sleeping ability weaker potentially but on the flip side he gains higher stats.

I would not rely on his sleep to get his Twin death sentence off. Rather Set him up with stun bomb or sleep bomb right after he’s used it is the better/safer way to go about it.

Actually i went for a frontline with luna, a one on one timestriker, a protecotor, and magmalathian, the fire equal to luna, i liked it but it was too weak to twin killers and robin, so i changed it. But i’m still using magma and luna in midgame in one of my teams

So, I have all the twin death sentence guys, and currently just 1 of them is ultraevolved, should I ultraevolve all of them or is it worth to have it like this?

I use him with a purify protector and a one on one straight after I do his twin death sentence

Yes i’m setting it up with a sleep bomb after twin death sentence but after 2-3 kills my protector will die, I guess I need another protector to keep luna going or is there other way?

thats fine, you got 4-5 kills off with one min. Remember it’s an SE, it’s not meant to sweep the entire team. That aside, use more give turners, follow up the protector with a stun bomb and another protector, idk. But 4-5 mons is typically enough for a rampage. You should be in control of the match by then.

If this is for UC, good luck. Evolve him, as his sleep skills aren’t worth the risk in UC, and you need every attack point you can get for bloodthirst.

I just got Luna from an egg a while ago. It looks cool. I like monsters that look cool.

That aside, it’s moves are quite useful, even though Bloodthirst takes a while to charge up.

Yeah it takes two kills to activate bloodthirst he can carry my team as of now, im doing the story mission and when bloodthirst is activated it 1hit KOd the enemy so I just need to keep him alive with healer purifier give turner, protector absorber, and stun bombers haha but still not evolving him though cuz as of now it can manage to kill enemies w/o problems maybe later on when it’s necessary.